Suns at Sonics 7:00 PM

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they've got three days off, right? Let Raja sit, get their legs back under them and even without him, if Giri's back, they should be able to handle Houston. Hell, I'd let him sit, even if he's "okay" until after the Celts game. We were gonna probably lose against the Pistons and Celts anyway. Biggest thing is health come playoff time.

solid, yet possible pyhrric victory, but I ain't gonna worry until I hear something definite.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Grant Hill is a great defender. In his prime, he must have been way better than Marion.

Let Raja rest for the Rockets game and hope he could be back for Boston and Detroit.

LB to start vs Rockets may get his game going again. Next to Nash, he could stick to perimeter shooting and running fastbreaks.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
And just to impress you:

http://nbabeat.com/search/player of the week/

Pecherov Broke his ankle.

http://www.insidehoops.com/randolph-injury-surgery-113006.shtml

Randolph broke his ankle.

Looks like you should have google'd it yourself before saying something so bold, huh?
Both broke it in practice, i asked to name one who broke it during a game. Keep looking.

No angle mojo, I'm just amazed at how every time a player hurts his ankle on the court everyone awaits in anticipation for the x-ray results when it's the same thing every time. Negative.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I would also venture to say that we can only easily win 4 of our remaining 14 games. 11 of the games will be against good teams. we really need to be at full strength going into the end of the year in order to secure a good seeding.

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Both broke it in practice, i asked to name one who broke it during a game. Keep looking.

No angle mojo, I'm just amazed at how every time a player hurts his ankle on the court everyone awaits in anticipation for the x-ray results when it's the same thing every time. Negative.

The one with Pecherov doesn't state whether it was a game or practice injury. It really doesn't matter if it happens in a game of practice. The point is that ankles can easily be broken in basketball.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
That sucks. Wouldn't wish injury on anyone. Hope it isn't as bad as it seems.

As a Laker fan, I've more than had my fill of ankle injuries.

you know knee injuries too (Bynum), which is something suns fans can certainly relate to (amare).

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Some of the posters not singling out Arwilian or anything or so way off in B-Ball reality, it is funny. Just because a guy sprained his ankle, it's not something to get all Diaw over, Nobody is picking up that the Suns are changing the tempo of there play successfully, having Amare and Shaq playoff time will be BAD ASS, Playoffs become a half court game, The Suns are starting to have halfcourt O and D, thats what wins Rings!!!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Maybe on Earth but not on Planet Orange .........
"Where key injuries happen" as the games get more important.
We won't know anything for sure until tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know knee injuries too (Bynum), which is something suns fans can certainly relate to (amare).

Yeah, but ankles and feet have really killed this team in recent years. Kwame missed a ton of games with a high ankle sprain. Mihm hasn't played but 18 games in two years with ankle problems. Luke had ankle problems this year. Fisher foot surgery back in the day. Ariza's broken foot. Pau's current ankle.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
The one with Pecherov doesn't state whether it was a game or practice injury.
It was practice.
The point is that ankles can easily be broken in basketball.
So name the last player to break his during a game. If they're so easily broken.

The Suns got off to a good start then got arrogant and sloppy. There's a good possibility this could have been prevented if the Suns stayed focus and put this Sonic team away when they were supposed to.

Another notch in the W column is never a bad thing but for me, I'd rather have a healthy Bell and a loss than this. I'm just not sure who will pick up his slack now. Maybe Hill, but with his age and history, I'm not sure if that's going to turn out so well in the longer run.

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some of the posters not singling out Arwilian or anything or so way off in B-Ball reality, it is funny. Just because a guy sprained his ankle, it's not something to get all Diaw over, Nobody is picking up that the Suns are changing the tempo of there play successfully, having Amare and Shaq playoff time will be BAD ASS, Playoffs become a half court game, The Suns are starting to have halfcourt O and D, thats what wins Rings!!!
I totally agree, but we're not exactly coasting into the post-season this year. The West is tight and the SUNS can't afford to lose many more games at ALL.
If Bell goes down for 3 weeks and Giracek misses a week(worst-case scenario) the SUNS may end up slipping and that can't happen this year.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
Nobody is picking up that the Suns are changing the tempo of there play successfully, having Amare and Shaq playoff time will be BAD ASS, Playoffs become a half court game, The Suns are starting to have halfcourt O and D, thats what wins Rings!!!
That's why this injury is so frustrating. Watching the Suns play over the last few games has been incredible. I was really looking forward to watching this team play Detroit and Boston at full strength again, just to measure their progress. But now with Bell out, those games won't really tell the full story. This isn't doom and gloom, it's reality.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

maybe you haven't read anything i've said? i said that i was not worried about Raja too much, because the x-rays were negative. I never said that surprised me either. I never said it was the end of the world that he sprained it, i simply said that if he can't play until the playoffs (which is very possible), we are in deep deep trouble. None of that is anything other than realistic. If anything, it is you that is far off in reality. We have no idea how this team will be in the playoffs, we can only speculate. The suns aren't changing the tempo of their (not there) play at all. They are still running, only with shaq. That seems a little "off in reality". I also would like to know where you see this halfcourt O and D. Their main front court players (none of which are very good), scored a total of 43 points. that's 43 points to petro, collison (off the bench), and Green. That means Green, who is a rookie, dropped 19 points on us. Almost every one of those 43 points came in the half court with a simple play ran through the post. That's some defense, huh? So now onto your point about improved offense... We turned the ball over 27 times. How much offense can you possibly get while turning the ball over 27 times? The front court that you described as being "bad ass" turned the ball over 13 times between them; almost half of the team's total turnovers. Amare had 9 of them himself, and he is our primary scoring threat in the half-court. In the post-season, turning the ball over like that will get you blown out. Rebounding is also huge in the post-season. How does amare and shaq coming up with 14 rebounds between them make you feel? that's pathetic. Diaw, who you seem to be very willing to criticize, lead the team with 10 rebounds. Interesting, isn't it? Collison and Petro, neither of whom are anything special, out rebounded that "bad add" front court of ours. How about free throws? those are pretty important come playoff time in the half-court, aren't they? well amare and shaq shot 7 of 16 from the line. That's less than half. Boy, they sound really dangerous now! Now you might try and say that making the free throws isn't everything as long as you get the opposing team into foul trouble. Unfortunately for that point, not one single player on the sonics had more than 3 whopping fouls. Amare alone had 5 fouls while playing against one of the worst front courts in the league. Imagine how he will do in the playoffs against good front courts. Sure doesn't look good, now does it?

At the end of the day, we only put up 110 points against the 2nd worst team in the league. Denver put up 168 against them, and they aren't even in the playoffs! We also gave up a total of 98 points, which is very sad considering we are supposed to be "improved" on the defensive end.

So now that i have proved everything you have said to be totally wrong in relation to tonight's game, please don't come around preaching about how good we are, especially after an embarrassing display such as tonight's game. Goodbye.

Last edited:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was practice.

So name the last player to break his during a game. If they're so easily broken.
Need I remind you that Jason Kidd broke his ankle in a late March game back in 2000 which caused him to miss the rest of the regular season and start of the playoffs? So it definitely can happen, and Suns fans should already be familiar with it.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Yeah, but ankles and feet have really killed this team in recent years. Kwame missed a ton of games with a high ankle sprain. Mihm hasn't played but 18 games in two years with ankle problems. Luke had ankle problems this year. Fisher foot surgery back in the day. Ariza's broken foot. Pau's current ankle.

Yeah some posters dont understand that an ankle sprain can have quite a range of severity. A severe sprain would be very nasty. I had a severe sprain when I played that kept me off my feet for 2 weeks, let alone playing bball effectively. A severe ankle sprain would be very unfortunate for the suns right now. And ankle sprains are worse for a wing than a post player as they must cut harder and use that ankle more. I heard them mention that Raja reinjured the same ankle that had been bothering him for a good part of the season. Re-injury are worse generally. But, bottoms up with the koolaid, at least the suns have giricek to step in, it could be worse.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
It was practice.

The Suns got off to a good start then got arrogant and sloppy. There's a good possibility this could have been prevented if the Suns stayed focus and put this Sonic team away when they were supposed to.

Another notch in the W column is never a bad thing but for me, I'd rather have a healthy Bell and a loss than this. I'm just not sure who will pick up his slack now. Maybe Hill, but with his age and history, I'm not sure if that's going to turn out so well in the longer run.

reading isn't exactly your strong suit, is it? i never said it happens in a game frequently. i simply said that it is possible in basketball. If it can happen in practice it can happen in a game. that is basic logic. go crawl back to insidehoops or realgm where your lack of basic conceptual knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why is everyone freakin out, raja's fine. Just by the way he got up it looked like a week.

Barbosa even said after the game raja said he should be ok.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Need I remind you that Jason Kidd broke his ankle in a late March game back in 2000 which caused him to miss the rest of the regular season and start of the playoffs? So it definitely can happen, and Suns fans should already be familiar with it.

Thank you.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I think Passion of the Bruce Bowen's angelic spirit came and put his foot under Bell tonight. Ugly win, I'll take it since it was a back to back. Pathetic turnovers, almost every single one of them looked awful!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Please feel free to list all the NBA players you know who broke their ankles during games to make you so concerned about the x-rays coming back negative. If you name me one, i'll be very impressed. Google away.

Who the hell are you?

It looked to me like a torn Achilles, and yes, that's exactly how they can happen. I'll take a "badly sprained ankle" any day of the week.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Who the hell are you?

It looked to me like a torn Achilles, and yes, that's exactly how they can happen. I'll take a "badly sprained ankle" any day of the week.

another voice of reason!

i thank you, lindholm.

nowagimp

Reaction score
It was practice.

Its unfortunate and yes the suns got arrogant and sloppy led by amares 9(NINE!) turnovers. I love amares game, but his focus sucks sometimes. Did you see the look shaq gave amare when he sat down after that stupid foul on collison that only happened because he "got lazy"(chambers description, not mine). Shaq looked disgusted like " damn this guys is a project all right, a big one, above the shoulders". If you have the replay of the game look at shaqs look right at amare next to him, like he stepped on dogcrap.

Amare is my favorite player, but tonight I was disgusted with his effort.