Suns at Warriors ESPN and FSN AZ 7:00PM

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Well lets start the allstar break on a good note and beat dallas tommorow.

the chances of that happening are slim to none. we just tired ourselves out only to get a loss in the end. unless the dallas trade goes down today/tomorrow, we will lose that game. if the trade goes down they will be missing a bunch of guys so we should win. other than that....

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
are you kidding me?

when paul went off for 42 points, they didn't miss marion? when both davis and ellis went off tonight, we didn't miss having marion? when jackson started hitting his shots, we didn't miss marion? wake up buddy.

I guess you don't remember the first time we played GS this season, Shawn laid an egg on offense and 3 warriors had 30+ points if I remember correctly.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We couldn't go to Amare in the 4th because Steven Jackson would've just flopped again and gotten another crap foul on Amare. The Warriors don't even try to play defense on him, they just flop and hope for the best and the refs reward them. Don't forget how much we had to lobby to get the refs to change the call when Al Harrinton follow dunked the ball in our basket.......freakin ******** refs.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
are you kidding me?

when paul went off for 42 points, they didn't miss marion? when both davis and ellis went off tonight, we didn't miss having marion? when jackson started hitting his shots, we didn't miss marion? wake up buddy.

I'm guessing that bi-polar comment was directed at you big guy and TJ. And i think last time I pointed this out you said "I'm overly negative?"

LOL yes.

BTW a quick point to your - our perimeter defese is gone without Marion point - notice the two games you chose as examples of Marion being missed? Those were very close games.

When you get abused by a big guy (like Al Jefferson or Andrew Bynum) its much worse for team success and much more high percentage. That's why that trade had to be made. We can get a guy to replace Marions perimeter D very easily (Pietrus, Gebale, etc) but we aren't going to find another post defender like Shaq.

But your right - we do need to replace Marion's defense with guards.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
are you kidding me?

oh thats right, marion gaurded baron davis, chris paul and monta ellis. those guys score like that every other game. so no, the suns dont miss him.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We just can't seem to pull out close games against good teams this year. Not sure what is the reason.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As long as nash is playing we have a chance to beat anyteam in the league, its just a shame Amare missed that 1st ft :(.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
It wasn't Leandro or Amare's fault, it was a team effort. The team had too many careless turnovers and what bad officiating. When was the last time a ref kicked the ball out of bounds and rewarded it to the other team? Completely moronic.

All I have to say is Ellis with that 30+ night is a fluke and the Warriors aren't a better team than the Suns. I don't care what anyone says, whoever picks the Warriors over the Suns is a complete botard (beyond ********).

Tough loss, but hey let's rebound tomorrow. We are still the #1 seed in the West.

really? like how everyone said if you pick GS over dallas in a 7 game series you must be a total idiot, right? Ellis always destroys us. 30 points is no fluke. he is an excellent offensive player as it is, and his skills are just highlighted against the suns because we have no guy who can match his shooting and ability to get to the basket. if we meet gs in the first round, i would be beyond worried. they know how to beat us, and they do so consistently.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
lol arwillian we were without Shaq, Amare would play more minutes in the playoffs and these small warrior guards couldn't get to the rim all the time with Shaq in the paint.

Plus we would outrebound them even more.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
oh thats right, marion gaurded baron davis, chris paul and monta ellis. those guys score like that every other game. so no, the suns dont miss him.

did you not watch our last game against gs? marion was on Baron for quite a bit of time. He also switched onto ellis at times to try and keep him from going off.

Chris paul goes off for 42 every other night? is that so? so basically, he more than doubles his season average of 20 points every other night? look at his las two games pal, he had a whopping 2 points on 1-10 shooting in one game and 25 points in the other. it is clear your point is not at all valid. marion could do a lot better job on any of those 3 guys than any player we have now.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
lol arwillan we were without Shaq, Amare would play more minutes in the playoffs and these small warrior guards couldn't get to the rim all the time with Shaq in the paint.

Plus we would outrebound them even more.

amare got into foul trouble against a team with no post players other than their point guard. what makes you think that that would change in the playoffs? the penetration wasn't all that much of a problem except for fast breaks (which shaq would not be back in time to stop). the jump shooting (especially by ellis) was what killed us.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
amare got into foul trouble against a team with no post players other than their point guard. what makes you think that that would change in the playoffs? the penetration wasn't all that much of a problem except for fast breaks (which shaq would not be back in time to stop). the jump shooting (especially by ellis) was what killed us.

He wasn't in foul trouble. He had 3 fouls in the 4th quarter when D'Antoni waited until 5 min left to put him back in.

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
We better play well tomorrow on TNT. The other TNT game is a Miami Heat game, heh. That means they're going to talking about the Marion/Shaq trade all night long.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amare got into foul trouble because of ******** officiating. 2 of his fouls were legitimate. He got called for a foul on a clean block and called for 2 offensive fouls on Steven Jackson flops. How the refs can reward a SG for playing poor defense against one of the best PF/Cs in the league is a joke.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
did you not watch our last game against gs? marion was on Baron for quite a bit of time. He also switched onto ellis at times to try and keep him from going off.

Chris paul goes off for 42 every other night? is that so? so basically, he more than doubles his season average of 20 points every other night? look at his las two games pal, he had a whopping 2 points on 1-10 shooting in one game and 25 points in the other. it is clear your point is not at all valid. marion could do a lot better job on any of those 3 guys than any player we have now.

Chris Paul totally saves it up for the Suns. He is very open about his admiration for Nash and wants to have a career game every time they play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
are you kidding me?

btw, i'll assume you mean "why are our..."

that's right, i forgot marion could cover 3 players at once. how did that slip my mind? marion's defense on guards has been extremely overblown for a looong time and was mainly earned by denying an aging sam cassell the ability to post up in the playoffs a few years ago. otherwise he's largely been ineffective against pgs.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I'm slow to blame losses on refs, but this by far was the worst game I've seen so far. WTF are they thinking rewarding the Warriors for a kick ball on the ref?? We had possession of it if he wasn't in the way.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Question: Will Shaq help the Suns beat the Warriors?

I really don't know. But considering how they forced Dallas to go small ball, I'd see the same thing happening with the Suns.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
that's right, i forgot marion could cover 3 players at once. how did that slip my mind? marion's defense on guards has been extremely overblown for a looong time and was mainly earned by denying an aging sam cassell the ability to post up in the playoffs a few years ago. otherwise he's largely been ineffective against pgs.

upon re-reading my post, i found no spots where i said he could cover 3 players at once. way to keep your eyes open when you read, though. the effort is much appreciated. Marion's defense on guards may be overblown, but it is better than nash's defense on guards for sure.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
he had 3 fouls with 4 minutes to go in the first half.

irrelevant? He has 3 in the 4th quarter when he was on the bench, he could have played a lot more minutes, D'Antoni just waited long until he put him in.

Regardless of your complaining we outrebounded them by 14, we were just 1 bad call away from winning it (either when the REF kicks the ball out of bounds and before blocks it so Barbosa couldn't pick it up or the flop by Jackson) and that despite Ellis having a monster game and playing 48minutes and Nash turning it over too much.

Adding Shaq into this will not make us worse and will greatly decrease the other teams FG% inside the arc because not only will it take away easy layup and runners which Golden State had a bunch of, it also allows the perimeter players to play tighter defense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05