Suns at Warriors ESPN and FSN AZ 7:00PM

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
$hithorse officiating tonight but i was dissappointed that Amare couldn't hit two pressure FT's(AGAIN).
Just another irrelevant regular season loss that saw us play hard,get to the boards,make most of our shot's but come up short in a close one. Nice to see Barbs make some passes.
Props to DA for drawing up a nice play to win it but oh well.

I think the WARRIORS could hang with us in a 7 game series but we can match their shooting & we ARE & WILL BE the better rebounding team so they don't scare me too much. Fun too watch but the WARRIORS are never going to win anything important playing that brand of basketball IMO.
I think we can safely say that G.Hill is back to 100%.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Question: Will Shaq help the Suns beat the Warriors?

I really don't know. But considering how they forced Dallas to go small ball, I'd see the same thing happening with the Suns.

Because Dallas has NO big guy who can exploit it, we have 2.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Question: Will Shaq help the Suns beat the Warriors?

I really don't know. But considering how they forced Dallas to go small ball, I'd see the same thing happening with the Suns.

I'm not so sure about that. They forced Dallas to go small because Dallas couldn't take advantage of their size on the offensive end. I think Phoenix will be better equipped to do that.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I'm slow to blame losses on refs, but this by far was the worst game I've seen so far. WTF are they thinking rewarding the Warriors for a kick ball on the ref?? We had possession of it if he wasn't in the way.

i'm almost certain the rule is when an official gets in the middle of a play, the play must go on and is called regardless of the official's influence on the play. that's why the ref stood there and put his hands up.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
i'm almost certain the rule is when an official gets in the middle of a play, the play must go on and is called regardless of the official's influence on the play. that's why the ref stood there and put his hands up.

Yeah, the ref is treated as "part of the basketball court." I'm not sure if this means you can bounce the ball off of their faces or crotches as hard as possible, but that interpretation of the rules should have been tested tonight.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The ref is part of the court, so if he touches the ball he can't just award possession to the Suns. I did, however, see a hack on Leandro's arm and a foul should have been called.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The unwritten rule is the refs gets the hell out of the way and doesn't interrupt play. Then if the ball does hit him when he's standing inbounds and has 2 guys running at him, he should jump out of bounds and out of the way.....not KICK the ball out of bounds and award it to GS.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
irrelevant? He has 3 in the 4th quarter when he was on the bench, he could have played a lot more minutes, D'Antoni just waited long until he put him in.

Regardless of your complaining we outrebounded them by 14, we were just 1 bad call away from winning it (either when the REF kicks the ball out of bounds and before blocks it so Barbosa couldn't pick it up or the flop by Jackson) and that despite Ellis having a monster game and playing 48minutes and Nash turning it over too much.

Adding Shaq into this will not make us worse and will greatly decrease the other teams FG% inside the arc because not only will it take away easy layup and runners which Golden State had a bunch of, it also allows the perimeter players to play tighter defense.

not totally irrelevant. a little run fueld by amare to end the fist half could have either a) helped us have a stronger lead going into the 2nd half, b) forced gs to play biedrins or harrington at all times, or c) both. the ref kicking the ball was not a bad call, why are people saying that? jackson flopped all over the place, so what? the suns players do it just as much as the warriors do. when a guard/forward is put on amare, of course he's going to flop.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. They forced Dallas to go small because Dallas couldn't take advantage of their size on the offensive end. I think Phoenix will be better equipped to do that.

Oh ok, that makes sense now.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
The unwritten rule is the refs gets the hell out of the way and doesn't interrupt play. Then if the ball does hit him when he's standing inbounds and has 2 guys running at him, he should jump out of bounds and out of the way.....not KICK the ball out of bounds and award it to GS.

watch the play again, dude. he didn't kick the ball in any way,shape, or form. the ball hit his foot and bounced off, that's just the way it goes. he could have probably tried to move but he didn't have all that much time to react. like everyone else said, he's part of the court. barbosa loss the handle and it rolled towards the ref. not entirely the refs fault.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
The ref is part of the court, so if he touches the ball he can't just award possession to the Suns. I did, however, see a hack on Leandro's arm and a foul should have been called.

he was too busy making sure the ball was kicked out of bounds :D

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
did you not watch our last game against gs? marion was on Baron for quite a bit of time. He also switched onto ellis at times to try and keep him from going off.

Chris paul goes off for 42 every other night? is that so? so basically, he more than doubles his season average of 20 points every other night? look at his las two games pal, he had a whopping 2 points on 1-10 shooting in one game and 25 points in the other. it is clear your point is not at all valid. marion could do a lot better job on any of those 3 guys than any player we have now.

its clear my point IS valid.

monta 11/26 31pts w/marion
davis 11/26 28pts w/marion
jackson 11/26 32pts w/marion

monta 2/13 37pts w/o marion
davis 2/13 27pts w/o marion
jackson 2/13 19pts w/o marion

so clearly your argument is that we are better defensively with marion...and with stat/facts i have proven you wrong.

and obviously offensively we havent missed a beat.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
watch the play again, dude. he didn't kick the ball in any way,shape, or form. the ball hit his foot and bounced off, that's just the way it goes. he could have probably tried to move but he didn't have all that much time to react. like everyone else said, he's part of the court. barbosa loss the handle and it rolled towards the ref. not entirely the refs fault.

right, but if the ref wasn't there, barbosa was more than likely to get it back in posession.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the ref kicking the ball was not a bad call, why are people saying that? jackson flopped all over the place, so what? the suns players do it just as much as the warriors do. when a guard/forward is put on amare, of course he's going to flop.
Are you freaking kidding me??? The ball was still in play and between the refs legs and the ref kicked it out of bounds before LB could pick the ball up and continue playing. LB would have recovered that ball if the ref doesn't kick it. They had Steven Jackson guarding Amare 80% of the time and all he did was flop and the refs called Amare for 2 crap fouls because of it (one really ridiculous one in crunch time that robbed us of a wide open dunk).

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm slow to blame losses on refs, but this by far was the worst game I've seen so far. WTF are they thinking rewarding the Warriors for a kick ball on the ref?? We had possession of it if he wasn't in the way.

It was the correct call. The problem was the lazy ass ref getting in the way to begin with.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly. It's not the decision, but the complete lack of attempt to get out of the way. Same referee made the poor call the possesion before, rewarding Stephen Jackson for a flop on Amare.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me??? The ball was still in play and between the refs legs and the ref kicked it out of bounds before LB could pick the ball up and continue playing. LB would have recovered that ball if the ref doesn't kick it. They had Steven Jackson guarding Amare 80% of the time and all he did was flop and the refs called Amare for 2 crap fouls because of it (one really ridiculous one in crunch time that robbed us of a wide open dunk).

you're probably the only one here who thinks he kicked it. the ball bounced between his legs and he put his arms up and stopped moving. it was just on espn and i made sure i watched it 3 times (go tivo!). he did NOT kick the ball intentionally.

for the rest of you....yes i agree that if the ref was not there barbs would have gotten the ball back. but like i said, he lost the ball in the first place and we can't blame the ref for being in his spot.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. It's not the decision, but the complete lack of attempt to get out of the way. Same referee made the poor call the possesion before, rewarding Stephen Jackson for a flop on Amare.
It's the same ref who called the cheap foul & technical on Raja Bell at the end of the 1st qtr for trying to box out Beidrens on a last second shot where there wasn't even a rebound to be had. That ref must be boinking Violet Palmer....

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And the ball was deflected by Jackson to begin with so it should have been Suns ball anyway.

And yes the ref did kick it, Barbosa would have picked it up regardless of the ref but then he started moving like a robot and kicked the ball out of bounds with his heel while peddling backwards..

That was 20 sec after the same ref called an offensive foul on Amare like 5 seconds to late after he saw the pass and jackson laying on the floor after his flop.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
you're probably the only one here who thinks he kicked it. the ball bounced between his legs and he put his arms up and stopped moving. it was just on espn and i made sure i watched it 3 times (go tivo!). he did NOT kick the ball intentionally.

for the rest of you....yes i agree that if the ref was not there barbs would have gotten the ball back. but like i said, he lost the ball in the first place and we can't blame the ref for being in his spot.

It's his job to stay out of the way!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Fair enough but if that was a critical point in a playoff game the official needs to come back with a make-up call the other way.
That rule needs to be looked at more closely. It's rare that it happens and affects possession but that's a black hole ruling.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
And the ball was deflected by Jackson to begin with so it should have been Suns ball anyway.

And yes the ref did kick it, Barbosa would have picked it up regardless of the ref but then he started moving like a robot and kicked the ball out of bounds with his heel while peddling backwards..

That was 20 sec after the same ref called an offensive foul on Amare like 5 seconds to late after he saw the pass and jackson laying on the floor after his flop.

All this bickering over the reffing is pretty crazy.

To me it just proves one point. Little things happen, many a time out of the players control, throughout the course of a regular season game.

The Suns would have been the same team had Barbosa made that three at the end or not. But if thats the case why does perception swing so violently if we win by one or we lose by one? We would still have the same strenghs and weaknesses.

I'm actually proud the Suns came back twice in the final 3 minutes when many other teams would have just folded in that arena with that momentum. Sometimes it take just one play, or even a made free throw :)mad:) and every one is peachy keen.

This Warriors team won't beat us in the playoffs. Amare and Steve won't let that happen.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
its clear my point IS valid.

monta 11/26 31pts w/marion
davis 11/26 28pts w/marion
jackson 11/26 32pts w/marion

monta 2/13 37pts w/o marion
davis 2/13 27pts w/o marion
jackson 2/13 19pts w/o marion

so clearly your argument is that we are better defensively with marion...and with stat/facts i have proven you wrong.

and obviously offensively we havent missed a beat.

My Stats:

Ellis: 31 points on 14/23 shooting in only 35 minutes.
Davis: 28 points on 11/24 shooting in 42 minutes
Jackson: 32 points on 13/21 shooting in 42 minutes.

w/o marion:

Ellis: 37 points on 18/27 shooting in 48 minutes.
Davis: 27 points on 12/23 shooting in 45 minutes
Jackson: 19 points on 6/17 shooting in 43 minutes

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05