Suns at Warriors Game Thread

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
GS just continues to abuse Nash. They've attacked him all night long with tons of success. It's forced us to double team and get out of position, which has allowed them to cut to the hoop and get easy baskets.

good point. teams with big and physical point guards like davis, williams, kidd, etc tend to be able to do that with success.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I feel a lot better about this team than last years. I mean Grant Hill is playing better with us than Joe was in '04-'05. No he's not better than joe, who is now around a top 15 player, but I personally feel a lot more comfortable with him than I did joe in '04-'05.

The chemistry is a lot better than last year as well. And we were pretty damn close to winning the whole thing last year.

I fully expected this result in g.s. Remember near the end of last year when they absolutely assaulted us?

eh, like I said last week - I'm just not that into this team right now. We haven't beaten anyone of worth except Orlando and we've gotten embarassed by the Lakers and GS (basically, the only other even mediocre teams that actually had their full complement of players/had a pulse).

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Why don't the suns go zone to help Nash? I know, I know the boards, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Something funky in the air tonight. San Antonio, Dallas, and Utah all got beat by crap tonight.

Just isn't in the Cards....like the Cards.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
did marion never learn the golden rule of perimeter D? NEVER FOUL A JUMP-SHOOTER!

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
i wouldnt worry about the boards, this is golden state here...

lol good point. .. and as I'm writing this Ellis hits another 3. Jeez.. This sux. Is anybody else watching on Directv and getting the audio cutting out?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the next month will be VERY telling on what we really have here. We've gotten off pretty easy with our opening schedule and have taken advantage of it, but we've got Utah, SA, Orlando, Dallas, Houston (with T-Mac likely healthy), and a 5 game roadie coming up.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Grant Hill gets mauled and knocked to the ground and it's another clean steal by GS according to the refs......

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
lol good point. .. and as I'm writing this Ellis hits another 3. Jeez.. This sux. Is anybody else watching on Directv and getting the audio cutting out?

i'm watching on directv, no problems with the audio here. i'd say it's probably your tv .

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My concern is not the likely loss, but that D'Antoni cant make adjustments in time. It was clear after the 1st quarter that we cannot beat the Warriors with running, but he only put Skinner in at the end of the 3rd.

Dantoni had 6 months to make adjustments after the suns got raped at the end of the regular season. But looks like he decided to use the same garbage game plan. Use Banks. Nash is garbage against these idiots.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the next month will be VERY telling on what we really have here. We've gotten off pretty easy with our opening schedule and have taken advantage of it, but we've got Utah, SA, Orlando, Dallas, Houston (with T-Mac likely healthy), and a 5 game roadie coming up.
Exactly. However, even if we were to miraculously sweep all the teams mentioned above....it won't mean squat when the "real season" begins.
Still, i'm looking forward to Horry coming to town.:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant Hill gets mauled and knocked to the ground and it's another clean steal by GS according to the refs......

It's always a head scratcher to me when people complain so much about a game in which we shoot more FTs than our opponent and they have more fouls called on them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dantoni had 6 months to make adjustments after the suns got raped at the end of the regular season. But looks like he decided to use the same garbage game plan. Use Banks. Nash is garbage against these idiots.

Banks wasn't available tonight - he was at a funeral.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Banks isn't with the team, he left for a family illness or something.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the suns have 3 pathetic all stars and 1 ******** coach of the year.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's always a head scratcher to me when people complain so much about a game in which we shoot more FTs than our opponent and they have more fouls called on them.
It's always more about what's not called than what actually is called. The way the game has been called has allowed GS to create turnovers and get fast break layups. They exploit mismatches all night long, we try to do the same and we get called for offensive fouls. The camp in the paint with no calls and we get defensive 3 second calls against us.

The Warriors shot the ball extremely well from the outside so we couldn't pack the paint. We had to go over screens and double team and they exploited our defense when we did that. They basically did everything as well as they could and we were right there for most of the game. The Warriors played the same hacking & slapping defense that allowed them to beat Dallas last year and I don't get why the refs let them play that way. They're not known as a good defensive team like SA or Utah, but the refs let them play for some reason.

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
the suns have 3 pathetic all stars and 1 ******** coach of the year.

amen to that. this was amare's game to win and the refs partially took him out of it though i feel like the suns should have gone to him more frequently.

on the bright side skinner and diaw both looked pretty good- skinner especially.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05