Suns at Warriors Game Thread

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I still don't understand why they continue to use Shawn as a defender against much smaller players. Parker abused him, Monte abused him. I'd rather see Raja on him with good help defenders like Shawn and Skinner backing him up.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
I just don't understand why a team that focuses so much on scoring, has so few scorers.

:confused:

Amare isnt a scorer anymore. He just get's the most ridiculous fouls and doesnt seem to know how to score without fouling. Raja isnt great offensively, Marion, well he's Marion. Mr Ego.

I don't like the makeup of this team heading to the playoffs. Unless Amare and Steve carry the team offensively... (again).

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Marion is a great defender, he has the versatility to get torched by any player, no matter the size.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Marion is a great defender, he has the versatility to get torched by any player, no matter the size.

LOL

as much as i hate to admit it, it's true. i would have liked him on baron davis to maybe upset the passing. we could have really used banks in this game, he played outstanding defense on baron last time we played them and got hammered.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
This is one game where Boris should have played a lot more minutes. Granted, Skinner was doing a heck of a job out there but with Marion more or less dropping an egg I would have liked to have seen a Boris/Amare/Skinner line up. Boris and Amare should be athletic enough to hold their own defensively against the warriors but I don't think D'antoni likes that lineup as it's one more 3pt shooter off the floor.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not gonna blame the refs tonight. I'm gonna blame Mad Mike. Clueless baffoon who could benefit from watching how "real" coaches make adjustments in-game.
The Warriors played fast & small & were taking & making nothing but jump shots all-night.....sound familiar? Where was our post-up game with Stat & Diaw?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
There were some bad calls on both sides but I agree, this was hardly any fault of the refs.

The only solace I have is that it was a mad night of upsets for West teams. Spurs, Mavs, New Orleans all lose as well to inferior teams (at least record wise).

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns had 20 turnovers that lead to 37 pts for the Warriors. I'd say 24 of those points were the result of refs not calling fouls on the Warriors. Suns lost by 15.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
I would say, calm the f**k down people. Its one loss! We ran off 8 in a row and came up lame tonight. This game was basically lost in the 1st qtr. We couldn't get the momentum back after that. Maybe we took them lightly? Who knows but i'm not concerned too much about this loss, as i'm sure Spurs fans aren't too concerned they dropped one to the kings. It happens. You lose games you maybe should win... but you move on! We are still a good team and will learn from this loss.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
there were a couple plays where the suns got mugged going on the floor for loose balls or going into the lane for buckets. i also saw some excessive contact on a few offensive rebounds by golden state. i'm usually a fan of "let them play" but that was just absurd out there at times. my biggest complaint with the refs was the calls on amare. they made him a non-factor AGAIN. the suns staff really needs to take some time outside of practice to work some extra time with amare on not getting fouls called on him ALL THE TIME!

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
You lose games you maybe should win... but you move on! We are still a good team and will learn from this loss.

we said that last year when they beat us badly due to lack of timeouts called and a bad game by some of our key players... doesn't look like we have learned or will learn much.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
now i know how other teams feel when we seem to hit every shot and blow the doors off the gym.

so theres 3 teams now that we dont match up with that we may face in the playoffs. SA, Utah and GS. ugh...

im about to give up amare. his fouls are beyond stupid sometimes and the only thing i like about his game right now is his jumpshot/fadeaway. he cant create his own shot inside because he will get a foul trying to bull people over. he should of had 30-40 pts against this weak interior team.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
We also beat GS last year. We came up short tonight for multiple reasons but we're still a better side than GS.

Suns are still a work in progress this early in the season. I think we'll be ok as we go further into the season and next time we play GS it'll be a different story.

bluSoul

Reaction score
Damn its starting to get on my nerves. The only way they can stop Amare is to flop against him. Tonight was a perfect example of that.. as soon as he tries to get going someone has to step up and take the sorry ass flop. Im sorry for this little rant but its getting ridiculous.. and they try to call us floppers? Nah.. i don't think so.. we take the fouls as they come.

As soon as they feel a little contact, they're already on the floor. It's just ****ing sorry when the only way a team can beat us is by flopping like that. Its ridiculous. Watching us constantly drive in and get called for the offensive, and on the other side, Ellis has to practically run Nash over before we get a call. Oh well..

One more thing.. D'antoni really needs to think about what he's doing with this team. Theres hardly any damn flow.. it's sad to see everyone jumping on Amare and Nash's back at the end of games like this.. I'm just waiting for Nash to call some certain people out..

On the other hand.. it's still the beginning of the season, better to get them kinks out now.. just had to rant a bit, we had this game. coulda won it. like someone said we could've been pounding the ball in to Stat.. oh well.. time to start another streak..

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
amare has to work on his off arm, although he isnt using that much force, when it is flailing around, and his arms are long, it is easy to see and the refs will call it.

bluSoul

Reaction score
Yeah.. I think Brian Skinner could teach him a few things.. offensive rebounds.. not trying to bull over the defender.. little things like that would make Amare so much better.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
as someone else said, i'm ready to give up on amare too. he can not stop getting fouls. the old "he's too young" excuse is old now, he should have learned by now what they will and will not call. he's probably the most frustrating player for me to watch right now

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
They were super hot from 3 pt and we had no defense which will be a problem thru out the season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as someone else said, i'm ready to give up on amare too. he can not stop getting fouls. the old "he's too young" excuse is old now, he should have learned by now what they will and will not call. he's probably the most frustrating player for me to watch right now

I just don't get it though - yeah, in the past he had problems with fouls, but this year, he's just AWFUL with them. I just don't think he's healthy and he's doing things offensively that he can't (which he why he's picking up offensive fouls) and he's slow on D which picks them up on that end of the court. The question is: Will he EVER be healthy enough to be the guy we need him to be? Remains to be seen.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I just don't get it though - yeah, in the past he had problems with fouls, but this year, he's just AWFUL with them. I just don't think he's healthy and he's doing things offensively that he can't (which he why he's picking up offensive fouls) and he's slow on D which picks them up on that end of the court. The question is: Will he EVER be healthy enough to be the guy we need him to be? Remains to be seen.

very well put, i hold many of the same questions in my mind. will he ever be that go to guy for us? that guy who is sharp and smart out there? who makes the big layup or low-post move when we need it? who comes up with that big shot block to put the game away? only time will tell.

bluSoul

Reaction score
It isn't just him too.. it's partly the refs calling them bogus fouls and the defender having absolutely nothing to do besides flop.. I don't know.. it seems as if Amare don't have that certain respect other players would get..

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We also beat GS last year. We came up short tonight for multiple reasons but we're still a better side than GS.

Suns are still a work in progress this early in the season. I think we'll be ok as we go further into the season and next time we play GS it'll be a different story.

and we could beat them again if they could only get murphy and dunleavy back.