Suns @ Atlanta

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
We better lose tomorrow because we just jumped ahead of Cleveland again and Portland and Golden State are also just 1 win ahead of us.

No we better win tomorrow.

I will never root for my team to lose.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
But it is stupid. I want them to play well but lose and play the guys who will be here next year.

1 spot can make the difference between Okafor, Howard or some scrubs and at this point there seems to be quite a difference between the top3 picks and the rest while the difference between 4-20 or even higher doesn't seem to be much.

How do you think the Spurs got Duncan? Pure destiny?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is never stupid to win.

Teams get used to losing. It should NEVER be accepted. I don't care if you have the worst team in any sport...once you have the stigma of loser, it is very hard to shake. I want my players to fight for every win like it might be a playoff win.

Atlanta is the perfect example of this losing mentality.

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We could root for Cleveland to make the playoffs. :thumbup:

We need to root for every terrible team in the NBA to win, except the team the Suns are playing.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I ESPECIALLY want us to win in New York, that's our next game right?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
It is never stupid to win.

Teams get used to losing. It should NEVER be accepted. I don't care if you have the worst team in any sport...once you have the stigma of loser, it is very hard to shake. I want my players to fight for every win like it might be a playoff win.

Atlanta is the perfect example of this losing mentality.
So what about Denver, Houston and Memphis? All teams that were losing for years.
In Memphis case their personnel didn't even change a whole lot.

I am not saying they should tank but they shouldn't keep a guy like Lampe back because they are afraid of losing. Or keep Barbosa out in the 4th quarter.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
The important thing is that the Suns play well, I think. The previous three games were perfect--the team played great and still lost! Atlanta didn't cooperate tonight, though; we had to settle for one or the other.

I still like it when the Suns win, but it doesn't feel nearly as good...however, the losses are a lot less painful... :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
So what about Denver, Houston and Memphis? All teams that were losing for years.
In Memphis case their personnel didn't even change a whole lot.

I am not saying they should tank but they shouldn't keep a guy like Lampe back because they are afraid of losing. Or keep Barbosa out in the 4th quarter.

There is a difference in what you are saying here...

You are saying play to lose. You have said it more than once. You can try to backtrack on that if you like, but the fact remains that we are completely different kind of fans.

I do agree that we should find minutes for Lampe, but not risk losing games in the process.

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by F-Dog
The important thing is that the Suns play well, I think. The previous three games were perfect--the team played great and still lost! Atlanta didn't cooperate tonight, though; we had to settle for one or the other.

I still like it when the Suns win, but it doesn't feel nearly as good...however, the losses are a lot less painful... :)

Losing to a bad team feels a lot worse than losing to a good one. The Suns needed to win this game to prove they are making progress and can win even when they are not shooting well.

scotsman13

Reaction score
the suns need to win some game less they forget how to win. that being one of the hardest things in the nba. look at rahim. this guy has never been on a winning team. he has always been on a loosing team and as such he doesnt know how to win. atlanta has some skillful players but they have never been able to put it all together even in the lestern conferance.

yea but i understand what you mean about getting a better spot in the lottery. but just remember that the suns have worked magic in the draft before and come up big even with a spot as low as 21 (micheal finley)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If the lottery is so important, just trade both our 1st rounders for a higher one. Simple. :D

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
If the lottery is so important, just trade both our 1st rounders for a higher one. Simple. :D

I hope you are right. Unless the pingpong balls fall right, the Suns are going to in the 9-12 range which is going to be tough this year.

I know it's early, but I really don't like this year's draft. Maybe some unexpected guys will come out and improve it, but right now it looks like the Suns will end up with two guys they can't use. :(

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin

Bingo.

Who the hell wants to lose?? The ONLY time, (and I preface this with ONLY) is if your team is playing the last game of the season and they need a loss to secure the 1st pick in the draft (See: Arizona Cardinals). And, that's even a big MAYBE.

PHX can make the playoffs. I'm not impressed by anyone other than Sacramento. The Lakers won't regain the form they had. The Mavericks just want to outscore you (where does that get you in the playoffs?), and Minnesota's chances ride with 1 guy.

San Francisco, the Clip Joint, Utah, Seattle... are all backpedaling. If PHX can get Amare's little woo-woo better, who knows what can happen?

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by sly fly
Bingo.

Who the hell wants to lose?? The ONLY time, (and I preface this with ONLY) is if your team is playing the last game of the season and they need a loss to secure the 1st pick in the draft (See: Arizona Cardinals). And, that's even a big MAYBE.

PHX can make the playoffs. I'm not impressed by anyone other than Sacramento. The Lakers won't regain the form they had. The Mavericks just want to outscore you (where does that get you in the playoffs?), and Minnesota's chances ride with 1 guy.

San Francisco, the Clip Joint, Utah, Seattle... are all backpedaling. If PHX can get Amare's little woo-woo better, who knows what can happen?

I doubt it, but it is a nice dream.

Even without major changes, I think the Suns should be a playoff team next season. They have the talent and will have a lot more experience. This year will be tougher.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
The Suns should beat the Hawks. I think it was a good win.

They shot the ball poorly and they were out rebounded but the made the plays they needed to win the game.

It was ugly but I like the result.

The Suns needed a little confidence boost. Indiana will be a very tough game tonight. If they can manage not to get killed (esp on the boards) I will be pleasently suprised.

The coach and players should be worried about winning games now, not who they might get in the draft in June.

Go Suns.

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without Amare, it is hard to see the Suns beating the Pacers in Indianapolis. But the Suns do seem to get "up" for big games, so they will probably keep it close and deny Lampe his minutes. :D