Suns @ Bulls 1-7-14

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play at the Bulls tonight with a 6 PM Arizona start time. This may make for an interesting game with the departure of Luol Deng via trade from the Bulls and Leandro Barbosa pending a physical for the Suns. He apparently will not sign his contract today. See more from a Paul Coro article at azcentral dated 1-7-14 at link below.

Suns (20-12) at Bulls (14-18) … 6 p.m. Phoenix tip time

C: Miles Plumlee … Joakim Noah

PF: Channing Frye … Taj Gibson

SF: P.J. Tucker … Mike Dunleavy

SG: Gerald Green … Jimmy Butler

PG: Goran Dragic … Kirk Hinrich

Key Bulls injuries: Derrick Rose (torn meniscus in right knee) is out. Carlos Boozer (sore right knee) is day-to-day. Boozer did not practice Monday but might return tonight or Friday.

Key Bulls reserves: D.J. Augustin, Nazr Mohammed, Tony Snell, Erik Murphy.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/p...rival-a-deng-departure-and-a-barbosa-arrival/

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not predicting anything here but seriously, do we ever win a game like this? You know, on the road against an opponent in flux missing several key pieces? It's probably just selective memory but I seem to recall getting our butt kicked pretty regularly in situations such as this one. I really hope I can add some better memories tonight.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Bulls are a bad team even worse without Deng. We should beat them pretty good and hopefully Dragic can get a lot of rest in the 4th QTR for tomorrow's nationally televised game against Minnesota.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bulls are a bad team even worse without Deng. We should beat them pretty good and hopefully Dragic can get a lot of rest in the 4th QTR for tomorrow's nationally televised game against Minnesota.

I hope you are right but I am thinking like AzStevenCal. These are the type games the Suns lose.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope you are right but I am thinking like AzStevenCal. These are the type games the Suns lose.
Yea but if the Suns are gonna consider themselves a good team, then they have to easily win games like these.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea but if the Suns are gonna consider themselves a good team, then they have to easily win games like these.

Even good teams lose to bad teams especially on the road. Granted, the really good ones rarely do it but even with a healthy Bledsoe we're a couple of notches below that level.

I'm going to put my Fan Cap on and believe we'll win tonight but I've seen too many letdowns in this kind of situation to be confident.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Even good teams lose to bad teams especially on the road. Granted, the really good ones rarely do it but even with a healthy Bledsoe we're a couple of notches below that level.

I'm going to put my Fan Cap on and believe we'll win tonight but I've seen too many letdowns in this kind of situation to be confident.

Steve
Even with Bledsoe out, we are a better team and more talented team than Chicago (especially after this Deng trade).

Agreed that good teams lose to bad teams which we have already done in losing to Brooklyn, Sacramento twice, Memphis twice and Utah.
Now its time to beat the bad teams :cheers:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not predicting anything here but seriously, do we ever win a game like this? You know, on the road against an opponent in flux missing several key pieces? It's probably just selective memory but I seem to recall getting our butt kicked pretty regularly in situations such as this one. I really hope I can add some better memories tonight.

Steve

Just another "easy" game, Steve. :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even with Bledsoe out, we are a better team and more talented team than Chicago (especially after this Deng trade).

Agreed that good teams lose to bad teams which we have already done in losing to Brooklyn, Sacramento twice, Memphis twice and Utah.
Now its time to beat the bad teams :cheers:

And Bledsoe was missing in three of those games you just mentioned which to my thinking says we're not all that great without him. But yes, we're better than Chicago on paper (and by record) but we've struggled against them ever since they hired Tom Thibodeau. With Bledsoe I think we're more equipped to survive against a physical team but without him it remains to be seen. Look at those bad teams we lost to, every one of them except Utah beat us up physically.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chicago plays at a pace similar to the league’s slowest team, Memphis, which is 2-0 against the Suns this season.

It's no gimme, that's for sure.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's no gimme, that's for sure.

I think most of us agree on that. You always hear about "imposing your will" and how that so often determines the winner and this game is a classic example of it. If they can make us play their game we don't stand much of a chance and Tom T excels at getting his team to establish the pace and style of play. Some teams such as San Antonio historically (or Michigan State in college) tend to be able to play any style of ball and still beat decent opponents but we've never really been that type of team. Maybe Jeff will change that but for tonight, we need to force the action - otherwise we likely lose.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is a classic "trap" game. On another note, how cool would it be to see the game end like this again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B18rz6shXA

You're right. The Bulls have won 5 of their last 7 and are feeling pretty good about themselves. After a tough win against Atlanta they probably are looking past us in anticipation of the looming road matchup against their division rivals, the Bucks. Especially since we'll be minus our star, Eric Bledsoe, and we're expected to be a little tired due to the travel issues that we've had to deal with. :)

Steve

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You're right. The Bulls have won 5 of their last 7 and are feeling pretty good about themselves. After a tough win against Atlanta they probably are looking past us in anticipation of the looming road matchup against their division rivals, the Bucks. Especially since we'll be minus our star, Eric Bledsoe, and we're expected to be a little tired due to the travel issues that we've had to deal with. :)

Steve

nice reverse jinx :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex Len in the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Len with nice put back.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Da hell, I thought Len at best would play next Monday?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn that place is so quiet. Does not feel like a NBA game is going on in there.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
C'mon man, they don't even have Boozer today and yet we're still giving up this many points to them? Pathetic.

Plumlee needs to go back to defendin the rim, he's doing a horrible job. No where to be seen on some of these drives by the Bulls players. Same with Kieff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05