Suns @ Bulls 1-7-14

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nice 10-0 run. I like Ish ...hopefully he doesn't get pushed out of the rotation

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulls 3-4 from 3 point range in 1st half.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are plus 8 during Frye's brief 6.5 minutes on the court. He needs to catch a break from the referees here in the second half. I agree with him that he gets some really bad calls but he makes it worse when he whines after every call. Some refs don't take that well and they will call you for every little thing once you piss them off. And let's face it, if they called every single foul there aren't very many players in the NBA that would make it through a quarter of play let alone a game.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get this feeling that even if the Bulls were playing a roster of NBADL players, they would still be whooping the Suns.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Dragic is so frustrating to watch when he is not being aggressive. Take the damn ball and attack the rim. :mad:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the Suns can't even beat the freaking Bulls who are missing like half their roster then they suck.

Anytime the opposing team plays physical at all, the Suns turn into a complete POS team.

I'm considering jumping back on the tank bandwagon. Jabari Parker looks as good as ever.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We've seen this countless times before--even the Suns have done it at times over the years. A depleted team's first game back after a major trade far from full strength plays way above itself. We're seeing it with the Bulls right now. The question is if they can keep it up. If Dunleavy doesn't come back, the Bulls are down to 7 men--they need to step on the gas a little bit here.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have never seen the Suns defense this bad even during the D'Antoni days.

Hornacek should be embarrassed. His team is getting humiliated by a bad team who doesn't even have 3 of its 4 best players.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We've seen this countless times before--even the Suns have done it at times over the years. A depleted team's first game back after a major trade far from full strength plays way above itself. We're seeing it with the Bulls right now. The question is if they can keep it up. If Dunleavy doesn't come back, the Bulls are down to 7 men--they need to step on the gas a little bit here.
Doesn't matter, (read post below)
I get this feeling that even if the Bulls were playing a roster of NBADL players, they would still be whooping the Suns.
True.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bulls play defense the way it should be played and they play it all the time. If the Suns don't get any open looks, they are in trouble.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game is tough to watch. This quality of play was what we expected to start the season. Hopefully we can pull out a W and put this game behind us.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Barbosa is not playing yet because of FIBA issues. Maybe he will play later in the trip.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ish Smith is a 3 point shooter... NOT.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
On the plus side....we are on national television tomorrow and maybe get to see Barbosa play! :D

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Come on Ish why would you leave Hinrich wide the f** open.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yet another example why you are better off playing D and slowing the game down than running and gunning, and shooting random threes.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yet another example why you are better off playing D and slowing the game down than running and gunning, and shooting random threes.
The Suns are a gimmick team. They live and die by the 3 and fastbreaking and they have no other offense other than that.

Scouting report to beat the Suns: Get back on defense, stay put on their 3pt shooters and clog the paint for Dragic and Bledsoe (when he actually plays).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are a gimmick team. They live and die by the 3 and fastbreaking and they have no other offense other than that.

Scouting report to beat the Suns: Get back on defense, stay put on their 3pt shooters and clog the paint for Dragic and Bledsoe (when he actually plays).

We're not a gimmick team any more than most of the teams in the league are, we're just not all that great without Bledsoe out there. Even with him we're no more than a borderline playoff team. It's probably going to have to be said after every loss but this is a process and we are VERY EARLY in that process.

Scouting report to beat the Suns: Don't let them blow in to town until a couple of hours before the game and make them leave Bledsoe behind. Go straight at Frye early and hope the refs will call a couple of quick fouls on him to throw him off his game.

Steve

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We're not a gimmick team any more than most of the teams in the league are, we're just not all that great without Bledsoe out there. Even with him we're no more than a borderline playoff team. It's probably going to have to be said after every loss but this is a process and we are VERY EARLY in that process.

Scouting report to beat the Suns: Don't let them blow in to town until a couple of hours before the game and make them leave Bledsoe behind. Go straight at Frye early and hope the refs will call a couple of quick fouls on him to throw him off his game.

Steve

I think that sums it up pretty well right there

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The Bulls also did a great job taking Dragic's lefty drives away. Even Snell came in and followed the gameplan, and Dragic never really got going. So far, as Dragic goes, so do the suns.

Disappointed with the play of the Morris twins today too. Granted, they had some great defenders on them most of the time (Gibson, Butler, Noah) but they took some bad shots and were never really a presence.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bulls also did a great job taking Dragic's lefty drives away. Even Snell came in and followed the gameplan, and Dragic never really got going. So far, as Dragic goes, so do the suns.

Disappointed with the play of the Morris twins today too. Granted, they had some great defenders on them most of the time (Gibson, Butler, Noah) but they took some bad shots and were never really a presence.

I hope that someday soon they grow to understand the difference between a good shot and a horrible one. I'm a fan of the twins but this has been one of my biggest concerns about them. Some nights they'll be hot some nights not and I can live with that but taking shots that are not in the flow of the offense are momentum killers.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I liked Len out there. He was lost without the ball but active. And when he had the ball in his hand he seemed to know what to do with it more than veteran Plumlee or the twins do.

I hope Hornacek gives him time in both the first and second halves.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05