Suns @ Clippers Tuesday game thread 12-17-19

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Good thing about Ayton being a stat stuffer is that it should keep his trade value high. If KAT is unhappy in MN and starts making noise, maybe we can flip Ayton for him. I wouldn’t have done this trade on draft day. But I would now. And we would need to include additional players/picks I’m sure.

LMFAO! Late entry for “Worst Post of the Year.”

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Ayton had a solid outing after missing 25 games. It may take up to 10 games for him to get up to speed. One player is not going to rescue this franchise.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought Ayton had a solid outing after missing 25 games. It may take up to 10 games for him to get up to speed. One player is not going to rescue this franchise.

I looked at his numbers after and was surprised what a pretty stat line it was. Watching the game, it seemed like he had zero impact.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at his numbers after and was surprised what a pretty stat line it was. Watching the game, it seemed like he had zero impact.

Yes, I was pleased with Ayton's performance after missing so many games.

What drives me crazy is the Suns do not play good defense and let opposing teams drive it the basket incessantly. Then on missed shots opposing teams get easy baskets in transition or wide open outside looks.

Whatever the Suns are doing on defense, it's not working. Ayton will help but the lack of team defense is the problem. I'm not sure if it's personnel but the scouting report on the Suns is drive it to the rim. It should be something fixable to at least some extent.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
LMFAO! Late entry for “Worst Post of the Year.”
Which way are you thinking it’s wrong? That we would have to give up more for KAT, or that you wouldn’t trade Ayton for KAT?

Also, when is the voting for worst post of the year?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Which way are you thinking it’s wrong? That we would have to give up more for KAT, or that you wouldn’t trade Ayton for KAT?

All of it. The notion of bailing on a guy whose career trajectory is higher than KAT and Anthony Davis is mind-numbing. It’s Even worse when you start talking about adding future assets to make it happen.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh and one FT. Can’t forget the consistency of that Ayton stat. It’s my favorite.

Ayton should easily average 5 free throw attempts per game and should be closer to 10. Take a look at his peers like KAT and Embiid. His lack of free throw attempts in his 2 games and preseason is the condemning metric that displays lack of aggression.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
All of it. The notion of bailing on a guy whose career trajectory is higher than KAT and Anthony Davis is mind-numbing. It’s Even worse when you start talking about adding future assets to make it happen.
KAT is averaging 27, 12, 4. Shooting 42% from 3, and has the 5th highest per in the league. He’s 24 years old.

I understand that you hope Ayton develops into a better player. I do too. But KAT isn’t that much older and is a much better player today.

Also, to say his career trajectory is better than Anthony Davis makes me question whether you have watched Anthony Davis. What has he done so far that backs up that statement?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KAT is averaging 27, 12, 4. Shooting 42% from 3, and has the 5th highest per in the league. He’s 24 years old.

I understand that you hope Ayton develops into a better player. I do too. But KAT isn’t that much older and is a much better player today.

Also, to say his career trajectory is better than Anthony Davis makes me question whether you have watched Anthony Davis. What has he done so far that backs up that statement?

this is also KAT’s 5th year in the league while Ayton has played 1 season and 2 games. Little bit different

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a lot of Anthony Davis with the Pelicans.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
this is also KAT’s 5th year in the league while Ayton has played 1 season and 2 games. Little bit different
In his second season he average 25/12. In his rookie year he averaged 18/11. How is Ayton’s trajectory better?

I don’t want to come across as an Ayton hater. I’m saying that if he doesn’t improve as we all hope he does, maybe KAT could be an option.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
10 games?!? When does that become necessary for ANY player coming back from suspension?!? He’s not coming back from injury. He was freaking suspended. He’s young and should be in premier shape. Let’s stop giving this guy free byes. You think he needs a month, a full 10th of a season to get up to speed. Cripes the lengths some of you go to excuse this guy.

look I’ve been a pretty big critic of Ayton’s. But understand I was hyped to draft him. I was disappointed in parts of his play last year but recognized his upside. I was excited to see what he could do this year with improved cast. I was (and still am) pissed at his idiocy with getting suspended. I was excited to see him added to this squad considering it the missing piece to take the next step up. And I was severely disappointed in his okay last night as it’s a mirror reflection of his play last season. He’s a lot of talk. A lot of hot air. I fear I’m just going to hate him despite wanting to be his biggest fan.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I love the guys who hate Ayton but want KAT. Pretty much the same player.
Except one is proven to be really really good and continues to expand his game and the other flatlined last year got suspended and is nowhere in the stratosphere of the others play. I wanted to believe too. Then I was smacked in the face by Ayton’s wussiness. Again and again and again. And I woke up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, I was pleased with Ayton's performance after missing so many games.

What drives me crazy is the Suns do not play good defense and let opposing teams drive it the basket incessantly. Then on missed shots opposing teams get easy baskets in transition or wide open outside looks.

Whatever the Suns are doing on defense, it's not working. Ayton will help but the lack of team defense is the problem. I'm not sure if it's personnel but the scouting report on the Suns is drive it to the rim. It should be something fixable to at least some extent.
From what I witnessed last night Ayton was part of the problem not a “help.” All our conjecture that Ayton would help stem the flow of getting dominated inside was just pure sugared idiocy. The guy just sucks in the paint.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 games?!? When does that become necessary for ANY player coming back from suspension?!? He’s not coming back from injury. He was freaking suspended. He’s young and should be in premier shape. Let’s stop giving this guy free byes. You think he needs a month, a full 10th of a season to get up to speed. Cripes the lengths some of you go to excuse this guy.

look I’ve been a pretty big critic of Ayton’s. But understand I was hyped to draft him. I was disappointed in parts of his play last year but recognized his upside. I was excited to see what he could do this year with improved cast. I was (and still am) pissed at his idiocy with getting suspended. I was excited to see him added to this squad considering it the missing piece to take the next step up. And I was severely disappointed in his okay last night as it’s a mirror reflection of his play last season. He’s a lot of talk. A lot of hot air. I fear I’m just going to hate him despite wanting to be his biggest fan.

Up to 10 games is what I recall Monty as saying. Let's give Ayton a chance. He has only played in 2 games this season. However, I don't think Ayton will be this big banger of a center some fans want but he can be excellent in his own right.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish ayton would be like a barkley and power his way to the hoop... more often

Also needs to work on not getting his shot blocked

Have faith ayton can be a star player for us in near future under monty Williams

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In his second season he average 25/12. In his rookie year he averaged 18/11. How is Ayton’s trajectory better?

I don’t want to come across as an Ayton hater. I’m saying that if he doesn’t improve as we all hope he does, maybe KAT could be an option.

I didn’t say it was, wrong guy. But I do think there pretty similar

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

relax bud he’s played 2 games this year.

and his rookie year was about as good as any big man in the last 20 years

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think you know what the word trajectory means. Look at the leap KAT took from year 1 to year 2. Ayton is doing what he did all year last year. He cane outta the gates fast but then plateaued. Thats flat. That’s a terrible trajectory.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I witnessed last night Ayton was part of the problem not a “help.” All our conjecture that Ayton would help stem the flow of getting dominated inside was just pure sugared idiocy. The guy just sucks in the paint.

I'm beginning to think it's more of the Suns defensive philosophy. It's getting harder and harder to explain away the Suns lack of defense and blame it on the players. The Suns have to be able to play defense better than this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05