Suns @ Clippers Tuesday game thread 12-17-19

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Its the 2nd of a back-to-back against one of the best teams in the league (fully healthy to boot)on the road. We weren't likely to win this one
I didn't expect us too but thats not an excuse for all but two players to play like garbage

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A final look at some stats.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Final: Clipper 120, #Suns 99
Fourth loss in a row for Phoenix, which falls to 11-16
Ayton: 18 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists in return from suspension
George: 24 points
Lou Williams: 20 points, 8 assists

9:43 PM - 17 Dec 2019

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This was just brutal. Jones did a good job improving the roster from last year, but this team is still not very deep. There just isn't enough scoring and shooting, especially if Booker is out. Very few players can create their own shot and even fewer can really shoot.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Clippers had a point to make tonight. Thought Beverly and Willuams really separated them from the Suns outmatched reserves. And McGruder 11 boards in 22 mnts!?

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clippers are really good they look like they can put the clamps on anyone

that La vs La matchup is going to be spectacular

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its the 2nd of a back-to-back against one of the best teams in the league (fully healthy to boot)on the road. We weren't likely to win this one

I can't believe it took over 120 posts for someone to mention that the Clippers are one of the best teams in the league this year. They have 2 superstars that are top 5 players in the league when healthy and they're both just as good defensively as offensively. They have a top 5 coach, one of the best benches in the league, and a top defense.

The Suns are on game 2 of a back to back and have a 2nd year player playing his 2nd game of the season. The Suns are also missing their star player (Booker), their best shooter (Cam), and their best big man is still working his way back into shape (Baynes). This was going to be a tough game without the Suns having those issues.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At some point I think we need to realize that right now Ayton is not who we want him to be. In the present and relative future he just isn’t going to be a down low banger and a defensive monster in the paint. As soon as we move on from that wish we might be able to better appreciate what he is... a highly skilled big man who is still really raw.
And big freaking pu$$.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I do see that Ayton looks very rusty with all of his shots, inside and outside, and seems to be out of position, but I haven’t seen him featured in the offense at all and he’s 16/10 thru less than 3 quarters and playing good defense.

I see nothing discouraging.
Man you and I watched a different game. I saw Ayton pull down a bunch of uncontested rebounds, not okay sting inside, give up position and fail to fight for position AT ALL, not give help defense except for once and have a bunch of empty stats in a game in which we were never really competitive. Awesome. Dude confirmed my worst fears in his first game back, zero fire zero balls.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
True but there’s a difference between winning and not getting blown out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was just brutal. Jones did a good job improving the roster from last year, but this team is still not very deep. There just isn't enough scoring and shooting, especially if Booker is out. Very few players can create their own shot and even fewer can really shoot.

I brought this up in another thread. Even though the roster was turned over there is a huge drop off at certain positions once you hit the bench. That’s why I’d didn’t want Baynes and Ayton playing together. It appears that was a bust anyway.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
How many FTs did the beast get? The league is scared now, oh boy, momma!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
They need points from everyone now. Saric, Ayton, and play Kaminsky at the four and give the green light to Okobo. Someone wake up papi. I don't know man. We're not going to the playoffs that's for sure, but let's try for 35 wins.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well that was a disappointing thing to wake up to...

Hope when booker returns and ayton gets a few more gms under his belt wins start to occur

Ugh another hard gm vs thunder :(

Suns should have beat those bad teams

Another sub par season ugh

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oh and one FT. Can’t forget the consistency of that Ayton stat. It’s my favorite.

I would say that, while it’s a concerning stat, the reality is that Ayton and Rubio have now played in exactly 2 regular season games together... I would think that Monty will be working with these two and designing plays where Rubio will be more comfortable getting the ball the Ayton in spots on the court where he will either make the hoop, get fouled, or both...

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Good thing about Ayton being a stat stuffer is that it should keep his trade value high. If KAT is unhappy in MN and starts making noise, maybe we can flip Ayton for him. I wouldn’t have done this trade on draft day. But I would now. And we would need to include additional players/picks I’m sure.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good thing about Ayton being a stat stuffer is that it should keep his trade value high. If KAT is unhappy in MN and starts making noise, maybe we can flip Ayton for him. I wouldn’t have done this trade on draft day. But I would now. And we would need to include additional players/picks I’m sure.

No thanks

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A more dynamic pf would do wonders with our roster. I applaud what Saric and Kaminsky did while Ayton was out, they did a lot of the dirty work banging with the bigs all while shooting and scoring at their best. And that's it, their best, they have no higher ceiling to offer, Gordon from the Magic would do wonders for us. A great athlete who can work inside and out, he'd shoulder the load with Ayton since Ayton can't be relied on. I'd try to hang on to Saric though, he does provide value.

Just dreaming...What gives with the lineups again? Idk who playing with who anymore and who deserves or doesn't deserve minutes anymore. Just wish we could get a healthy squad and hopefully make a push for the 8th spot. We have some good shooters on this team but no scorers aside from Booker. Ayton can't drive or draw a foul, Kaminsky goes even softer than Ayton, Oubre is inconsistent, Rubio can't shoot, Cam is a set shooter, our backup guards are mostly having an off night. Might be an overreaction but it might already be time to shake up the roster, some guys are already at their ceiling it seems.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05