2024 3rd round pick #66 is Trey Benson RB

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What do you disagree with, @kerouac9

You dont remember people on here ans AZcentral crying about TJ dancing behind the o-line instead of hitting the hole hard when he was here? Well he unlearned that trait in Chicago and the rest is history.
That was always a smear against Thomas Jones that was untrue because people (1) loved Michael Pittman and Marcel Shipp and (2) mad that TJ wasn't Brian Urlacher. It was all nonsense (this coverastaion was originally brought me to this board from the comments under Cards blogs (IIRC).

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Young dude. Not a ton of workload in college so I can stomach the learning curve especially with Conner on the roster.
yep

i remember watching Jamyr Gibbs early in the season last year (thanks Fantasy Football) and thinking that you could see the talent, but the results werent there

by year end -- he looked like he was worth a first rounder

way too early to be fretting about Benson

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think Benson will be fine. By the end of the season he should be past the rookie jitters, have the play book down and be running with confidence. I personally would like to see more passes to him. His speed in the open field can make for some huge gains.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Folks need to calm down, we dont know what plays were called and we are comparing him against Connor who is one of the top downhill RBs in the NFL. It looks like they ran Benson outside more. He has aa great combo of speed and power. Not worried at all.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That was always a smear against Thomas Jones that was untrue because people (1) loved Michael Pittman and Marcel Shipp and (2) mad that TJ wasn't Brian Urlacher. It was all nonsense (this coverastaion was originally brought me to this board from the comments under Cards blogs (IIRC).
No it wasnt, i vividly remember him dancing behind that o-line waiting for the hole to open.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No it wasnt, i vividly remember him dancing behind that o-line waiting for the hole to open.
Dude he had single-digit attempts per game in his first two years in the NFL. That doesn't show anything.

Not that I don't trust your vivid trauma memories from literally over 20 years ago.