Suns fans worst nightmare

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
That is complete BS. Jerry West was not the GM of Memphis and actually left there on bad terms with the owner because they didnt see eye to eye on the direction of the club. The memphis GM has already explained this in detail. They wanted the largest expiring contract that expired at the end of year. They are following Portlands 5 year plan of ditching salaries and aquiring picks. With their crappy record they will get quality lotto picks and have the cap space and picks to possibly go after a superstar not unlike how boston did.

It is also well known that Gasol was on the trading block for at least a year. Chicago was actively talking with Memphis so you can save the upcomming "they didnt even entertain other offers" BS as well.

The Jerry West conspiricy BS is nothing more than sour grapes.

While you're 100% right on all accounts, you can save your breath bud. There are those on this forum that believe with every fiber of their being that every move the Lakers or Spurs have ever made are conspiracies that were made with the help of the NBA. They throughly believe that the Lakers have never made a fair trade or deal, that the entire thing is rigged and that the league has already decided that only a few select teams can win titles based on the size of their market. Now before you laugh and think that's the dumbest thing you ever heard, there is one thing dumber.

Despite this belief, they continue to watch the NBA anyway and complain about it. They believe the entire thing is rigged, but yet they still root for a team that according to them is already pre-scripted to fail. I have to wonder if they also rent DVD's and if they don't like the ending, they keep watching the same movies over and over expecting it to end differently. Conspiracy people are not rational, and you can't reason with them. Luckily, this is the minority of fans, otherwise it would be a real issue.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
It is always interesting to watch cap dumps. Sometimes they work and often they don't. The curious part is that the Griz were a pretty good team a few years ago.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
While you're 100% right on all accounts, you can save your breath bud. There are those on this forum that believe with every fiber of their being that every move the Lakers or Spurs have ever made are conspiracies that were made with the help of the NBA. They throughly believe that the Lakers have never made a fair trade or deal, that the entire thing is rigged and that the league has already decided that only a few select teams can win titles based on the size of their market. Now before you laugh and think that's the dumbest thing you ever heard, there is one thing dumber.

Despite this belief, they continue to watch the NBA anyway and complain about it. They believe the entire thing is rigged, but yet they still root for a team that according to them is already pre-scripted to fail. I have to wonder if they also rent DVD's and if they don't like the ending, they keep watching the same movies over and over expecting it to end differently. Conspiracy people are not rational, and you can't reason with them. Luckily, this is the minority of fans, otherwise it would be a real issue.

I hear you. I would probably guesstimate i have made some 50 posts here simply saying... "If you really believe the conspiracy BS, then why do you spend your hard earned money supporting a corrupt organization?"

Boggles the mind!:bang:

Last edited:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
What's worse that Laker fans infesting your forum?

Laker fans infesting your forum and talking down to you as if they think the conspiracy chat is for real.

Can we chance the site to the AALASFN?

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
What's worse that Laker fans infesting your forum?

Laker fans infesting your forum and talking down to you as if they think the conspiracy chat is for real.

Can we chance the site to the AALASFN?

Oh.... so your saying ALL the conspiracy talk on this forum is just tongue in cheek? That nobody really believes it? Not buying it! But's its good to see that you know whats real and whats imagination. Tip o the hat to you!

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
The NBA does a lot to generate conspiracy talk by having so much variation in how games are called. Add in a ref that was proved to be on the take and it's eary to wonder what in the heck is going on.

But most overt conspiracy theories end up making little sense. It would be nice if there really was a real conspiracy, rather than just random incompetance.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
The NBA does a lot to generate conspiracy talk by having so much variation in how games are called. Add in a ref that was proved to be on the take and it's eary to wonder what in the heck is going on.

But most overt conspiracy theories end up making little sense. It would be nice if there really was a real conspiracy, rather than just random incompetance.

I cannot argue the crooked ref thing but that was more to make money for him and his cohorts as opposed to helping a team. I've played basketball at various levels here and quite a few international games. It's a tough game to officiate and i have found that its just crappy and incosistant on all levels.

I guess i just like to think that overall, the better teams rise to the top and everything pretty much evens out on in the officiating arena.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Oh.... so your saying ALL the conspiracy talk on this forum is just tongue in cheek? That nobody really believes it? Not buying it! But's its good to see that you know whats real and whats imagination. Tip o the hat to you!
Are you familiar with the Straw Man fallacy? Go ahead, look it up, i'll wait.

You're already an arrogant ass. Dont add ignorance to the roster.

p.s. you're

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Are you familiar with the Straw Man fallacy? Go ahead, look it up, i'll wait.

You're already an arrogant ass. Dont add ignorance to the roster.

p.s. you're

I know exactly what a straw man fallacy is. So i'm arrogant. Deal with it. As if i cared what you actually think of me. What a hoot!

p.s. Thanks for the spelling lesson... much appreciated!

Last edited:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Seriously, why are you posting on a Suns board??? You like Lakers, you go talk with your fellow Lakers fans instead of spending your life trying to "fit in" with Suns fans.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please.

Go.

Away.

Leave

the

board.

Go

on

a

Lakers

forum.

Seriously, why are you posting on a Suns board??? You like Lakers, you go talk with your fellow Lakers fans instead of spending your life trying to "fit in" with Suns fans.

Come on guys. Grow up.

A Suns fan can't expect to start a thread, talking 100% about the Lakers, and then not expect Lakers fans to chime in.

If you didn't want to see the Laker fan, don't create this thread.

Repeat after me.

"I need thicker skin."

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

Seriously... the topic is about the Lakers, so I responded. If you don't like it, don't read it, that simple.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Standard response from Suns fans after getting owned on their own board said:
You are a loser, why would you post on a Suns board if you are not a Suns fan?
Go away.

It never fails.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Different personalities and different opinions are sometimes entertaining and enlightening. What else is there to do really until we hear the announcement of new head coach?

Please feel free to argue amongst yourselves

:nono: :mad: :talk: :bang: :pullhair::jedi::slap: :deadhorse2: :ais:

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
What I want to see is some banter bewtween ambchang and Darth/cobbler, Donald..etc.

We get alot of Spurs posters telling us we suck, then we get alot of Laker fans telling us we suck.

When do they start going at eachother???

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Come on guys. Grow up.

A Suns fan can't expect to start a thread, talking 100% about the Lakers, and then not expect Lakers fans to chime in.

If you didn't want to see the Laker fan, don't create this thread.

Repeat after me.

"I need thicker skin."
My comment was general Lakers presence on this board which has been becoming a little overwhelming.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What I want to see is some banter bewtween ambchang and Darth/cobbler, Donald..etc.

We get alot of Spurs posters telling us we suck, then we get alot of Laker fans telling us we suck.

When do they start going at eachother???

no kidding. the lakers fans were all too quick to come and bash shaq when we acquired him. the spurs fans were all too quick to come and talk trash. but they are strangely silent in regards to one and other. i don't get it.

nowagimp

Reaction score
no kidding. the lakers fans were all too quick to come and bash shaq when we acquired him. the spurs fans were all too quick to come and talk trash. but they are strangely silent in regards to one and other. i don't get it.

They are off sucking up to each other.