Suns fans worst nightmare

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe our "Suns fans" should stop creating threads about Lakers, and Kobe, and raping, and everything else and it wouldn't feel that way.

Most of these "Laker" fans that are a "problem", are also Cards fans, so there isn't a problem there. They have a right to be here, just as much as everyone else. If the Lakers weren't so interesting to Suns fans, we wouldn't talk about them. Kinda like Clipper fans.
I think it is a reasonable response from Suns fans to get tired of Laker fans on here. I can't blame them, Suns are out, Lakers are not.

Doesn't mean Lakerfan should go anywhere though, just keep it civil and all.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is a reasonable response from Suns fans to get tired of Laker fans on here. I can't blame them, Suns are out, Lakers are not.

Doesn't mean Lakerfan should go anywhere though, just keep it civil and all.

It is also reasonable for Laker fans to respond to threads about the Lakers.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
It is only reasonable if the people are reasonable. I've noticed that Trols aren't all that careful about staying on topics related to their teams.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Without Lakers fans here it would be very boring. IMO
Suns aren't doing anything now, so I don't care who posts. The moderators keep out the nonsense so what really is the problem? It might be that this site is very successful and popular because it is open to all.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called the idea of the conspiracy "idiotic," I never called you or anyone else an idiot. If you want to take it personal and assume I meant you, fine by me. I quoted you, replied and called the idea of conspiracy idiotic, which it is. While I stand by my view point, I will formally apologize if I offended you, it was not my intent. I'm a passionate fan of my team, like you, I think this whole thing is a misunderstanding.

As fans that are passionate about our teams, it is only normal that our views will differ but we can argue in a civil manner without resorting to name calling. I apologise for calling you names, emotions still running high after a bad post-season.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
As fans that are passionate about our teams, it is only normal that our views will differ but we can argue in a civil manner without resorting to name calling. I apologise for calling you names, emotions still running high after a bad post-season.

Classy reply from a classy poster. Thanks man, I'm just glad we're cool. :)

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Without Lakers fans here it would be very boring. IMO
Suns aren't doing anything now, so I don't care who posts. The moderators keep out the nonsense so what really is the problem? It might be that this site is very successful and popular because it is open to all.

:raccoon:

this is just a sad time for us suns fans here.

we try for a few years and cant reach the finals, and suddenly the lakers are in the finals...again.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
It would've been worse to me to see the damn Spurs in the Finals again. Congrats to the Lakers. I hate your team, but respect must be paid after that series performance.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
At crunch time I could not help rooting against the Spurs.

BTW, has anyone noticed the Spurs have never won it two years in a row?

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
At crunch time I could not help rooting against the Spurs.

BTW, has anyone noticed the Spurs have never won it two years in a row?
I think couple people have noticed it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

we try for a few years and cant reach the finals, and suddenly the lakers are in the finals...again.

The suns talent is top notch. I personally think coaching was the problem. I understand why you'd be frustrated now, especially with Shaq's contract looming...but you still have Amare who is the best 4 in the game, and Nash who is a top five point for a couple more years...with Deron and Paul in the same conference, that sucks but still...you've got pieces to work with. If you hit gold with a coach you will be right back in the mix.

I personally LOVE the Suns/Lakers rivalry...hell, you have beat the Lakers in the playoffs, something the Kings dorks never could say. I secretly root for the Suns, so long as they lose to the Lakes....but I do love your top two guys. Amare and Nash are great, great players. With a coach that isn't a whiny bitch like Antoni was, I'd be happy to see the Suns make some major noise, and would LOVE a Suns/Lakers WCF going seven.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I have to say with all due respect, I think you're being a little over dramatic on that statement aren't you? Personally, I have pulled back a lot on this forum, I only respond to topics here that pertain to the Lakers, and if you notice, it was a Suns fan that started this thread. I haven't seen Donald or abomb on here much lately either, and Renz and BIM don't post all that much here either.

Bottom line dude, I'm not here to aggravate you ok? I'm a Cards fan that also likes the Lakers and the talk here is good. You want me to pull back some more, I can do that, cool? I respect your team and your fans, I'm not here to talk crap, I get along with several Suns fans here, that's all. When someone brings up the Lakers or an issue related to the Lakers, I respond, but otherwise I'll try and just avoid "suns specific" topics, that cool?

As soon as the Lakers season is over, the avatar goes back to the Cards and it's all about football for a while, I'm just killing time till then dude. Hopefully no hard feelings.
No hard feelings, dude. Its just some of us have a higher degree of dislike for the Lakers than others :).

Looking forward to a Suns-Lakers WCF next year ;)

Last edited:

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score

Right before the season started the Lakers were so messed up too. Bad press about which Buss screwed them up. Kupchak, bad players, and Kobe demanding to be traded. Why didn't they implode? Hmmm.
Everything got quiet.

Next thing out goes Kwame and his overpriced contract in comes Pau. Unbelieveable. I really don't believe this is luck. The deck is stacked. Forgot about Fisher too. Tricky situation. I'm actually glad for him.
Good Luck You Fakers and Kobe is alot like MJ.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why didn't they implode? Hmmm.
Everything got quiet.

Next thing out goes Kwame and his overpriced contract in comes Pau.

No, next thing was Bynum was a ton better, the bench came alive and the team played fantastic...1st in the West the day Bynum got hurt. We then stumbled, got Pau, reclaimed the west and the rest is history.

But don't pretend like the team sucked pre-Pau. Pau just gave us a replacement 7 footer...one who will probably roll perfectly with Andrew at the 5 next year.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
No, next thing was Bynum was a ton better, the bench came alive and the team played fantastic, and just prior to game one, kobe had a sit down with Mitch and PJ and was told he wasnt being traded where upon he promised 100% commitment to the team and their goals...1st in the West the day Bynum got hurt. We then stumbled, got Pau, reclaimed the west and the rest is history.

But don't pretend like the team sucked pre-Pau. Pau just gave us a replacement 7 footer...one who will probably roll perfectly with Andrew at the 5 next year.

Fixed!

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
No, next thing was Bynum was a ton better, the bench came alive and the team played fantastic...1st in the West the day Bynum got hurt. We then stumbled, got Pau, reclaimed the west and the rest is history.

I just thought Lakers weren't a big threat to Suns this year but with the additions and all Jackson's coaching experience, Lakers in the finals. From disarray to finals. Lakers fans are lucky.

Suns finals:
1976 lost to Celtics
1993 lost to Bulls

Celtics in finals and Bulls with #1 pick

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just thought Lakers weren't a big threat to Suns this year but with the additions and all Jackson's coaching experience, Lakers in the finals. From disarray to finals. Lakers fans are lucky.

Suns finals:
1976 lost to Celtics
1993 lost to Bulls

Celtics in finals and Bulls with #1 pick

The Lakers were smoking the Suns this year. :shrug:

We are lucky, but some of that came from guys who have not shown up before finally showing up...Fisher returning, and addition by subtraction with Cook.

Pre-Pau, we were damn good and rolling teams. We beat New Orleans by 29 on the road. We were no joke. Pau just made us as good/better.

Anyway, Suns will get back around...they always do.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
I meant before the season started I didn't expect them to be good based on Suns beating them last year and all the chaos of Kobe's media trade demands. It just didn't sound good then. Now Lakers in the finals and get Bynum back next year. Wow.

I agree Suns will be ok next year and make the playoffs. I don't expect them to beat the Hornets or Lakers though. But a new coach may help.

Just curious, does anyone think that if Jackson coached the Suns they could have made it to the finals any of these last 4 years?

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score
Lakers deserve to be there.

I don't like the team. Really, really don't like 'em

Don't like Bryant, either. If he ain't winnin', he's whinin'. I can't stand that kind of player.

But I think they take it all this year.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant before the season started I didn't expect them to be good based on Suns beating them last year and all the chaos of Kobe's media trade demands. It just didn't sound good then.

Oh, me either. I was in nightmare mode.

Oh, and yes, if Pjax had coached the Suns they would have won at least one title, maybe two.