Suns fans worst nightmare

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
no kidding. the lakers fans were all too quick to come and bash shaq when we acquired him. the spurs fans were all too quick to come and talk trash. but they are strangely silent in regards to one and other. i don't get it.

Evil sticks together.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
With the right coach we could turn things around next year. Shaq will be in even better shape and now we know what to expect from him. We should have more (better) depth and I believe with a better coach this team could make the WCF next year.

Or not. Either way I'm not crying about the Lakers or Spurs success anymore. Our victories or failures are on us and not any other piece of **** team.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
My comment was general Lakers presence on this board which has been becoming a little overwhelming.

I have to say with all due respect, I think you're being a little over dramatic on that statement aren't you? Personally, I have pulled back a lot on this forum, I only respond to topics here that pertain to the Lakers, and if you notice, it was a Suns fan that started this thread. I haven't seen Donald or abomb on here much lately either, and Renz and BIM don't post all that much here either.

Bottom line dude, I'm not here to aggravate you ok? I'm a Cards fan that also likes the Lakers and the talk here is good. You want me to pull back some more, I can do that, cool? I respect your team and your fans, I'm not here to talk crap, I get along with several Suns fans here, that's all. When someone brings up the Lakers or an issue related to the Lakers, I respond, but otherwise I'll try and just avoid "suns specific" topics, that cool?

As soon as the Lakers season is over, the avatar goes back to the Cards and it's all about football for a while, I'm just killing time till then dude. Hopefully no hard feelings.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
First...I hate the Lakers but I hate the Spurs more.

I think it is more the "ha ha, Lakers are the greatest, you suck" posters that bother some here. I don't like the Lakers because they usually always had the upper hand in talent when I was growing up. Magic Kareem Worthy Shaq Kobe. We finally could say we were better and it lasts only 3 years. I hope we are not right back to "good but not good enough to beat the Lakers" since you got Pau. Next year Bynum will be back. Oh well.

I hate the Spurs more because we are better than them but they do extracurricular **** that helps them beat us. I can't stand that. At least your team is beating them.

I don't study the Lakers or other teams like fans of those teams do, so I like to hear your assessments of matchups, strengths and weaknesses and opinions.

If I disagree with you, BFD. Wear yourself out if you want. I may change my opinion or vice versa. Since it is safe to assume we are not the players on the teams we are talking about, we can't go out and prove anything. We can just observe if our opinions of the players were right.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I want to see is some banter bewtween ambchang and Darth/cobbler, Donald..etc.

We get alot of Spurs posters telling us we suck, then we get alot of Laker fans telling us we suck.

When do they start going at eachother???

I've gone back and forth with ambchang during the Suns/Spurs series...I have no desire to beat my head against a wall any longer.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
What I want to see is some banter bewtween ambchang and Darth/cobbler, Donald..etc.

We get alot of Spurs posters telling us we suck, then we get alot of Laker fans telling us we suck.

When do they start going at eachother???

Which team is better Spurs or Lakers?

Have the games been officiated fairly or who has gotten the worst of the officiating?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have the games been officiated fairly or who has gotten the worst of the officiating?

A) That's pretty much going to bear itself out over seven games.

B) Fairly. Fairly well in a few, fairly crappily in others (like tonight...just piss poor reffing). But wins and losses aren't at the feet of refs...they are at the hands of players. You play to never put yourself in a position where a ref being a blind, deaf, mute idiot can screw you out of a win. Refs miss calls. They make calls that don't exist. This is as much a rule in the game as the baseline being out of bounds.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite. :D

The Lakers are better. They are younger, more athletic, and are up in the series 3-1 because of it.

I believe the calls have been predominantly fair, yes. Surprisingly, the only game I had a problem with was the game tonight that we won. Tonight was the only game I have seen that I thought was just called completely in favor of the home team. I'm actually shocked they let the no call at the end go the way they had been giving it the Spurs all game. Had that game been called a little more fairly Lakers win by 12 or more. We outplayed them from the opening tip, but the refs kept the Spurs in it with bad calls. The Spurs had no business even with a shot to win that one.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite. :D

The Lakers are better. They are younger, more athletic, and are up in the series 3-1 because of it.

I believe the calls have been predominantly fair, yes. Surprisingly, the only game I had a problem with was the game tonight that we won. Tonight was the only game I have seen that I thought was just called completely in favor of the home team. I'm actually shocked they let the no call at the end go the way they had been giving it the Spurs all game. Had that game been called a little more fairly Lakers win by 12 or more. We outplayed them from the opening tip, but the refs kept the Spurs in it with bad calls. The Spurs had no business even with a shot to win that one.

Dude you are a two face Laker ******!!!!!!!!!!! werent you arguing with me in another thread that there is no foul, calling any suggestion to it as idiotic. Go away to your Laker forum and come back when it is football season. Lakers fans like you disgust me.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Dude you are a two face Laker ******!!!!!!!!!!! werent you arguing with me in another thread that there is no foul, calling any suggestion to it as idiotic. Go away to your Laker forum and come back when it is football season. Lakers fans like you disgust me.

Just because I'm surprised they didn't call it a foul doesn't mean I think it's a foul. They called Odom's "Block" on Duncan as his 5th foul, but it was clearly a charge. I don't think it was a foul, but the way the game was going I'm surprised it wasn't called anyway.

Thank you for your warm words though, it made my day.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
werent you arguing with me in another thread that there is no foul, calling any suggestion to it as idiotic.

Just for the record, no that wasn't me. I even went back through my posts and confirmed that you and I have had no dialoge on this issue at all, not one word.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, no that wasn't me. I even went back through my posts and confirmed that you and I have had no dialoge on this issue at all, not one word.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f7/spurs-vs-lakers-western-conference-finals-112655-22.html

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f7/spurs-vs-lakers-western-conference-finals-112655-23.html

This is not you? you obviously suffering from a forum multiple personality disorder due to numerous user ID, That post was only yesterday evening. like i said, two faced.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because I'm surprised they didn't call it a foul doesn't mean I think it's a foul. They called Odom's "Block" on Duncan as his 5th foul, but it was clearly a charge. I don't think it was a foul, but the way the game was going I'm surprised it wasn't called anyway.

Thank you for your warm words though, it made my day.

When you a laker fan comes to a Suns forum and call a Suns fan post idiotic, you have dragged yourself to troll level and will be treated as such, warm words are just beginning, interpretation? you are going to have a wonderful week.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
When you a laker fan comes to a Suns forum and call a Suns fan post idiotic, you have dragged yourself to troll level and will be treated as such

You're new here, so you can be excused for not knowing that this is not a Suns forum. It is an NBA forum with primary emphasis on both the Suns and the Lakers. If you have any doubts, just query one of the moderators.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're new here, so you can be excused for not knowing that this is not a Suns forum. It is an NBA forum with primary emphasis on both the Suns and the Lakers. If you have any doubts, just query one of the moderators.

Maybe ASFN should have a Sub-Forum at the top of the Suns page devoted to other NBA teams. That way when they irritate Suns fans we know where to send them... although I could think of a few other places.... but I won't get into that.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Maybe ASFN should have a Sub-Forum at the top of the Suns page devoted to other NBA teams. That way when they irritate Suns fans we know where to send them... although I could think of a few other places.... but I won't get into that.

I have pushed for this before, a couple of times. It's been overwhelmingly voted down. I would love to have a general NBA forum where we can talk about any team and then have a "Suns Forum" just for issues relating to the Suns that I could just avoid.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99% of the Lakers fans posts are regulated to Laker-related threads started by Suns fans. :shrug:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
When you a laker fan comes to a Suns forum and call a Suns fan post idiotic, you have dragged yourself to troll level and will be treated as such, warm words are just beginning, interpretation? you are going to have a wonderful week.

Says the guy with a whopping 115 posts! :bang:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

I called the idea of the conspiracy "idiotic," I never called you or anyone else an idiot. If you want to take it personal and assume I meant you, fine by me. I quoted you, replied and called the idea of conspiracy idiotic, which it is. While I stand by my view point, I will formally apologize if I offended you, it was not my intent. I'm a passionate fan of my team, like you, I think this whole thing is a misunderstanding.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean relegated, right? Because Laker fans posts sure as hell aren't regulated.

Actually, I meant regulated because the Lakers fans regulate themelves to posting in appropriate threads, and not crapping all over the other threads, for the most part.

Relegated would mean a higher power was putting the posts there. Official lakers thread talk, for example, is relegated to the Smack Shack.

But your post was funny, so kudos.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My comment was general Lakers presence on this board which has been becoming a little overwhelming.

Maybe our "Suns fans" should stop creating threads about Lakers, and Kobe, and raping, and everything else and it wouldn't feel that way.

Most of these "Laker" fans that are a "problem", are also Cards fans, so there isn't a problem there. They have a right to be here, just as much as everyone else. If the Lakers weren't so interesting to Suns fans, we wouldn't talk about them. Kinda like Clipper fans.

Last edited:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Maybe our "Suns fans" should stop creating threads about Lakers, and Kobe, and raping, and everything else and it wouldn't feel that way.

Most of these "Laker" fans that are a "problem", are also Cards fans, so there isn't a problem there. They have a right to be here, just as much as everyone else. If the Lakers weren't so interesting to Suns fans, we wouldn't talk about them. Kinda like Clipper fans.

Thanks DCR.. good to see someone gets it.

If you make threads about the Lakers, expect a response. If there is a thread about who should coach the Suns next, unless it's someone from the Lakers.. I couldn't care less. :p