Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's their whole starting lineup. I hope no NBA General Manager in the future makes the short-sighted decision to hire D'Antoni and his stubborn SPOL * rotation ever again.

* Seven players or less

Wouldn't you want to wish him on your least favorite teams?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Wouldn't you want to wish him on your least favorite teams?
I get your point, but I don't know about that. We're part of the NBA and it is in the best interest of the league for their second largest market to not embarrass themselves or the league.

I do hope no NBA General Manager in the future makes the short-sighted decision to hire D'Antoni and his stubborn burn-'em-out rotation.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but all 5 of his starting lineup hurt as his team fights for a playoff spot. Short sighted management doesn't take skill.

Drop D

Striving for the Penultimate
Reaction score
MWP out meniscus. Kobe ankle and now bone spurs on his foot. Nash with a hip or groin problem and questionable. Howard with a nagging shoulder injury. Pau still trying to play back into shape after a torn plantar facia.

Why don't they just throw in the towel, and let everyone start to heal rather than risk career ending injuries? Getting into the playoffs will only likely get them a 4 game sweep in humiliating fashion.

Oh no! Who else can we count on to brick a bunch of threes?

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Jazz win and regain the #8 seed all to themselves!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Now we really need Sacramento to beat the Lakers, and we really need Dallas to beat them next time they play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really big win for Utah. They'd been acting like they'd given up.

yup. The Lakers on paper have a VERY tough schedule ahead of them, but a lot of them are at home, and their last two games, I won't be surprised at all if SA rests all their starters and the Rockets pack it in in the last game of the season before the playoffs. Our best hope? Utah just gets it's ish together, the Lakers lose that Sacto game and drop a couple others that they should drop along the way.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yup. The Lakers on paper have a VERY tough schedule ahead of them, but a lot of them are at home, and their last two games, I won't be surprised at all if SA rests all their starters and the Rockets pack it in in the last game of the season before the playoffs. Our best hope? Utah just gets it's ish together, the Lakers lose that Sacto game and drop a couple others that they should drop along the way.

I think even if SAS rests all their starters, they can still beat the Lakers. The SAS bench almost beat the Heat.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think even if SAS rests all their starters, they can still beat the Lakers. The SAS bench almost beat the Heat.

I don't think the Spurs want to play LA in the first round. There is no way Pop rests his starter with two games left and any possibility of LA getting into the eighth spot.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like we all have games to win or lose today: phx Dallas Utah n lakes

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like we all have games to win or lose today: phx Dallas Utah n lakes

Yep, could be a make or break day.

Mavs/Bulls-edge to Bulls.
Jazz/Nets-are you kidding me? The way the Jazz have been playing, they are going to get annihilated.
Lakers/Kings--if Kobe plays, edge to Lakers. Its just the way this season has been going.

Hope I am wrong on all of them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dallas pulls off a miracle ending with Dirk having ice in his veins hitting a 3 with 2 seconds left to win it.

One down, 2 to go.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm. Dirk is back.

So you are the Spurs. You have the Lakers at the end of the season. If you beat the Lakers you get Dallas in round one. If you lose, you get the Lakers. What do you do?

Believe me. Other teams play every game to win. Pop does not do that. He uses every angle.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Hmmm. Dirk is back.

So you are the Spurs. You have the Lakers at the end of the season. If you beat the Lakers you get Dallas in round one. If you lose, you get the Lakers. What do you do?

Believe me. Other teams play every game to win. Pop does not do that. He uses every angle.

I brought this very scenario up about a month ago when it appeared the eighth slot would come down to wire. The reason I mentioned it was because Pops can be depended on to play the angles. Of course if home court advantage is still in play he'll go hard for the win and it may well be as the Spurs have two games after playing the Lakers and their current separation is two games from both OKC(+) and Miami(-). Hopefully that situation doesn't change enough that Pops won't be going for the win on those grounds. I'm not sure he wouldn't rest his big guns against the Lakers - he might like sending them the message that he'd be happy to face them in the first round. If he wins the game without them, he could demoralize them completely.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Yep, could be a make or break day.

Mavs/Bulls-edge to Bulls.
Jazz/Nets-are you kidding me? The way the Jazz have been playing, they are going to get annihilated.
Lakers/Kings--if Kobe plays, edge to Lakers. Its just the way this season has been going.

Hope I am wrong on all of them.

I don't know why Corbin plays Foye so much... looking at 82 games five man units for the Jazz, most of the units with Foye have a negative +/-. The worst combination is Foye and Jefferson on the floor together. His best units have Hayward at SG and with Marvin Williams and Carroll to man the SF slot he can well afford to use him that way more than he does. Even Burks is a slight upgrade. There isn't much data with Foye and Kantar together but what there is, is positive.
At least the game is in Utah so I give Utah a fighting chance to win the game even if Corbin does not alter his lineups...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Too bad the Lakers had so many miracle wins still.

Steve Nash out with a harmstring injury and Kobe limping while the Kings put up 37 in the first quarter.

Go Jazz, Suck it Lakers.

Too bad Utah and Dallas both look pretty bad too. 42 Wins might be enough.

Still Lakers will be 37-37 if they lose to the Kings and the remaining schedule has Dallas, Memphis, Clippers, Warriors, Spurs and Rockets left all losable games for the Lakers. Their easiest games left are New Orleans and a back to back at Portland after the New Orleans game.

Tuesday will be huge. If Dallas can win in LA..

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If the Lakers lose tonight it actually looks very good for us since Utah is winning.

Utah would be 38-36
Lakers would be 37-37

If the Lakers finish 5-3 which will be hard enough for them, Utah only has to play 4-4 to eliminate the Lakers.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Lakers leading the Kings by 6 at the end of third. Kobe's played all 36 minutes so far. Wonder if he'll have enough gas left in the fourth.