Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like no Manu for the next month... Which would be a huge help to the Lakers in the first round if they make it there... Yuck

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
utah winning at the half

Also Detroit and Minnesota won which is good in case we win more than 3 of the remaining games.

We are pretty much locked in top 5 odds right now. If only Cleveland would pick up a win..

7. Washington, Toronto, Minnesota, Sacramento 27
6. New Orleans 26
5. Detroit 25
4. Suns 23
3. Cleveland 22

Still have a chance Cleveland jumps us since Cleveland still plays Detroit, Orlando and Charlotte. Our only winnable games seem to be vs New Orleans and Minnesota as all other games are against playoff teams and Dallas with 4 on the road and only Golden State and Houston in Phoenix.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Houston is a bit scary until you see that they still play us twice and Sacramento twice.

We should give them 2 wins for sure.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I am still certain that the Lakers will snatch the eighth seed. But while I still can, I wonder what everybody thinks in terms of NBA history and Kobe's legacy. Have there been comparable discrepancies between expectation and results in NBA history? Would public perception of Bryant change if he would fail to qualify for the playoffs with such a star-sdudded team?

Errntknght

Reaction score
I am still certain that the Lakers will snatch the eighth seed. But while I still can, I wonder what everybody thinks in terms of NBA history and Kobe's legacy. Have there been comparable discrepancies between expectation and results in NBA history? Would public perception of Bryant change if he would fail to qualify for the playoffs with such a star-sdudded team?

The Lakers with aged Karl Malone and Gary Payton come to mind and the Miami Heat since 'The Decision' and before last year were far below the expectations... remember the question was how many consecutive titles would they romp to - seven was a popular guess.

I don't think Kobe will be viewed differently because he's carried the team with one his best seasons ever - he even took over the play making task when it was needed and played the small forward slot, too.

The popular goat for the incipient failure will be D'Antoni and he deserving, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if Utah hadn't completely crapped the bed for 3 straight weeks (going 3-10 in that stretch) the Lakers would be dead and buried by now. but can Utah hang on? The Mavs winning tomorrow night would be a pretty big blow to the Lakers chances, putting them down 2 games with 7 to go (1 game in the standings, but it's 2 games because of the tie-breaker).

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Lakers with aged Karl Malone and Gary Payton come to mind and the Miami Heat since 'The Decision' and before last year were far below the expectations... remember the question was how many consecutive titles would they romp to - seven was a popular guess.

I don't think Kobe will be viewed differently because he's carried the team with one his best seasons ever - he even took over the play making task when it was needed and played the small forward slot, too.

The popular goat for the incipient failure will be D'Antoni and he deserving, IMO.

The decision Heat made the finals, hardly underachieving to be honest.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I'll definitely check in on the Dallas/LA game tonight. If Dallas wins that puts LA in a tough position. 2 games behind like cheese said. Also the Lakers have the tougher schedule. I have thought all season the Lakers would end up pulling it off, but if they lose tonight, it will have me considering otherwise.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Most important game of the season tonight for the Phoenix Suns:

Dallas@Lakers

No kidding...lets go Mavs.

Best case scenario, we end up with bottom 3 record (for ping pong balls) and Utah gets 8 seed.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nash out for tonight game. Big advantage for the Lakers
Lakers steam roll the Mavs tonight 120-90.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remain unimpressed with Nash this season. I think he's doing he's part in helping us get the Lakers lottery pick.

Same can always be said of Kobe. He's hurt his teams chances of winning by not sharing enough. We see the results when he becomes a facilitator as well, instead of strictly a black hole.

Errntknght

Reaction score
He is a ton better than their alternatives.

Actually Blake is not a bad option since Kobe will run the offense and Steve will be happy to hang out at the the 3pt line - where he shoots nearly as well as Nash does. Pau as well as Kobe know they are going to have be play makers and when they are doing that seems to be when the team plays its best. Factor in the improved D and the Lakers might be better off without Nash. Of course D'A is going to crap his pants having to another guy deeper on the bench.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go for it Dallas. That would be laughable. Apologies to the ladies out there but Griner would struggle to find the court in D1. If they want to waste a pick and add a really dumb media circus to their franchise then more power to them.