Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Okay, so it's down to the Lakers and Jazz. Two teams, one spot. Simple.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Dallas confirmed what I thought about them.

I saw them vs Indiana and several other times and everytime they played god awful basketball. Vince Carter is an idiot. Too many times he still seems to play like he is his old allstar self.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lakers play Memphis on Friday they better lose.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Lakers play Memphis on Friday they better lose.

No way. The only way LA misses playoffs at this point is if Kobe gets hurt so badly that he can't even walk. The rest of their games are in LA (with one exception.) They are not going to miss playoffs.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
They have tough games even if at home, they can easily miss the playoffs. Memphis, @CLippers, @Portland, Golden State, San Antonio, Houston

Utah has the easier schedule.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that neither Dallas or Utah seem to be capable of taking any advantage.

Errntknght

Reaction score
The problem is that neither Dallas or Utah seem to be capable of taking any advantage.

I suppose that lurking in the mind of their players is that the reward for making the playoffs is getting kicked around by the number one seed in the first round. While LA is thinking they could upset the #1 and go on to great glory - you gotta give them credit for doing everything they can to claw their way into the big party.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The world does not end if we get #30 instead of #14. There are probably 15-20 players that are rated closely that could go anywhere between #10 and #30.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The world does not end if we get #30 instead of #14. There are probably 15-20 players that are rated closely that could go anywhere between #10 and #30.
I wonder though if the Suns would trade (give) the 30th pick away, should they get it, to avoid paying 2-year guaranteed salary for a long-shot. It's not a lot of money, but the again, just last year the Suns reportedly opted to sign Luke Zeller instead of more promising prospects because he came a few $100K cheaper.

HooverDam

Reaction score

Unfortunately our front office and ace talent evaluator Lance Blanks* have shown no ability to make the right picks. You've got a higher chance of stumbling ass backwards into a good player at 14 than you do at 30.

*thats Lon Babbys evaluation of his skills anyhow

HooverDam

Reaction score
Looking at the remaining schedules for the Jazz and Lakers.

Jazz
vs NO
@ GSW
vs OKC
vs MIN
@ MIN
@ MEM

I imagine the Jazz will go 3-3 over this final stretch. Wins against NO, and both games against Minny. Memphis, OKC and GS will be tough, hopefully they can steal one of those.

Lakers
vs Memphis
@ LAC
vs NOH
@ POR
vs GSW
vs SA
vs Hou

Of course the leagues got it set up so that LA finishes with 3 games at home. But thats a bit tougher of a schedule than Utah has to deal with. They play 5 playoff teams in their final 7. They could very well finish 2-5, only beating the Hornets and Blazers.

The Playoff teams likely all have things to play for. SA might want the #1 seed, though who knows, Pop could sit everyone. Houston, Golden State and LAC are all very close to the teams ahead of them and have something to play for.

Its critical that LA does no better than 3-4 over their last 7.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The jazz have been so up and down that it's tough to say who they'll beat.

The lakers, we all know how they fair against playoff teams this year.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Howard's defense vs. Conley wasn't a foul? I'm trying to imagine Marc Gasol jumping like that into Kobe on the other side and not getting called for the shooting foul.

Ridiculous. I'm starting to wonder whether the NBA is a competitive sports league or an entertainment business similar to WWE wrestling.

I understand it from an economic point-of-view. Spurs vs. Jazz or Spurs vs. Lakers. Which matchup is going to be more profitable?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That wasn't a foul on Howard at the end, Conley jumped into him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Eh at least Utah and Dallas both won..

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That wasn't a foul on Howard at the end, Conley jumped into him.

Tony Parker does that all the time.
Kobe gets his phantom calls, and no calls when he commits legit fouls.

Like I already said, year after year Im slowly losing interest in this league because of BS.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05