Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Tony Parker does that all the time.
Kobe gets his phantom calls, and no calls when he commits legit fouls.

Like I already said, year after year Im slowly losing interest in this league because of BS.

Of course not. Lakers are fighting for a playoff spot and the game is in LA. If you want to beat the Lakers in that situation, you have to make sure you put yourself in a position where you don't have to depend on the refs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course not. Lakers are fighting for a playoff spot and the game is in LA. If you want to beat the Lakers in that situation, you have to make sure you put yourself in a position where you don't have to depend on the refs.

I think it's more accurate to say that if you want to beat the Lakers in any situation, you have to make sure you put yourself in a position where you don't have to depend on the refs. To be fair, that applies to any opponent but in the NBA, it's even more important if you're facing one of the league's favorites.

Steve

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Looks like the Clippers are sweeping the Lakers.

So for the moment Utah is back in 8th and I'd say the Lakers magic number is down to 2 if Utah beats Golden State tonight.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Looks like the Clippers are sweeping the Lakers.

So for the moment Utah is back in 8th and I'd say the Lakers magic number is down to 2 if Utah beats Golden State tonight.

I can't imagine Utah beating the Warriors on the road. I do hope that the Lakers' momentum stops with this loss to the Clippers though.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Well if Utah can win tonight they might end up going 3-1 with a loss to OKC, two wins vs Minnesota and then Memphis might be resting players in the last game since they probably won't be able to catch Denver.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I just don't understand how Kobe has anything left in the tank. Someone that age who's played so many seasons should not be able to play 46-48 minutes a night and not run out of gas. I am still hoping he's gonna run out of gas before the end of the season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Utah fails in this type of situation every time. I am not getting my hopes up.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Utah finishes 2-2 the Lakers will need to finish 4-1 to take the 8th seed. Utah finishes with Thunder, T-Wolves, @T-Wolves, @Grizz. Lakers finish Hornets, @Blazers, GSW, SAS, Rockets. It may come down to higher seeds resting players down the stretch once the clinch their spots.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Detroit won too.

If New Orleans beats us it is a perfect day.

#4 odds would be locked up. If we beat New Orleans there is still a chance that we could catch New Orleans.

Losing tonight gives us a high chance to have #3 odds since Cleveland still plays Detroit and Charlotte and we go on a 3 game road trip and then finish with Houston and @Denver so we have good chance to lose all games but could probably even afford 1 more win.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow... that was a big road W for the Jazz tonight.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Jazz schedule for the season looks like this:

OKC
MIN
@MIN
@MEM

Meanwhile, the Lakers looks like this:

NO
@POR
GS
SA
HOU

Lakers getting three playoff teams to end the season is good for us. I can easily see them go 2-3 while the Jazz go 2-2. Hell, even if the Lakers get lucky and go 3-2 they still miss the playoffs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

OKC
MIN
@MIN
@MEM

NO
@POR
GS
SA
HOU

Lakers getting three playoff teams to end the season is good for us. I can easily see them go 2-3 while the Jazz go 2-2. Hell, even if the Lakers get lucky and go 3-2 they still miss the playoffs.

The great thing is that they are still the Lakers. Everyone still wants to beat them, and every team gets satisfaction from keeping them out of the playoffs. I doubt anyone takes a game off against them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OKC
MIN
@MIN
@MEM

NO
@POR
GS
SA
HOU

the problem is all of those are home games for the Lakers except Portland and those last two games they might be playing depleted squads who are keeping people out/giving players rest for the playoffs.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
the problem is all of those are home games for the Lakers except Portland and those last two games they might be playing depleted squads who are keeping people out/giving players rest for the playoffs.

Golden State and Houston haven't clinched playoff berths, yet. And seeding is tight between the 6 and 7 seeds. Trust me, 6 seed is going to be more valuable than ever seeing as no one wants to play OKC or the Spurs in the first round. In addition to which, I think every coach wants to see the Lakers out of the playoffs. Popabitch will probably rest his guys, but somehow embarrass D'Antoni like old times.

The Jazz own the tie breaker, so they would have to completely fall apart and the Lakers do something monumental at the end of the season for them to get into the playoffs. I like our chances.

GO JAZZ!!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. For the Lakers, the downside of getting all the calls and getting games handed to you down the stretch is that all the other teams hate you for it. Every team is going to want to be THE team that puts Kobe and team out of the playoffs.

Errntknght

Reaction score
San Antonio is not likely to be taking any games off with OKC so close on their heels (1 game) - the two teams are 2-2 on the year and OKC has the better conference record by three games, so they are very likely to end with the tie breaker. SA has two games after their one against the Lakers, too, so I don't see Pops letting them have easy time.

Portland may give the Lakers a nasty surprise as they've often done in the past. The game is in Portland and it would be the high point of their year if they could end it by knocking LA out of the playoffs - and winning the season series 2-1.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The magic number is 4, folks. Any combination of Lakers losses and Utah wins from here on out need to add up to at least 4.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The magic number is 4, folks. Any combination of Lakers losses and Utah wins from here on out need to add up to at least 4.

Huh?

What do you mean?
Lakers loses and Jazz wins total 4? As in;
Lakers 0 loses and Jazz 4 wins
Lakers 1 loss and Jazz 3 wins
Lakers 2 loses and Jazz 2 wins
Lakers 3 loses and Jazz 1 win

??

Stern can still make the following happen
Lakers 0 losses Jazz 0 wins though...

Ill keep my fingers crossed until its confirmed...

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh?

What do you mean?
Lakers loses and Jazz wins total 4? As in;
Lakers 0 loses and Jazz 4 wins
Lakers 1 loss and Jazz 3 wins
Lakers 2 loses and Jazz 2 wins
Lakers 3 loses and Jazz 1 win

??

That's exactly what I mean.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Noel still has to be picked top 3. It not like his knee is fundamentally broken or anything. He just tore an ACL and at his age the likelyness of full recovery is near 100% it is just time-consuming and it would suck to not have him for summer league and the first part of the season.

He is an absolute special athlete. You don't average 4.4 bpg and 2.2spg.

And he only turns 19 on Wednesday.

And I hear sunsfan spreading propaganda that he is only the next Larry Sanders (which btw wouldn't even be bad since Sanders is a stud).

Noel put up almost as many assists in his freshman season than Sanders in 3 college seasons combined. Same for steals. (and Noel didn't even play the full season)

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/co...s&i=1&larry-sanders=2007-2008&p1=nerlens-noel

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05