Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like the Lakers are going to get the W tonight.

But hard to watch the way they have Nash off the ball, watching Kobe dribble and run the point. Very strange

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
But hard to watch the way they have Nash off the ball, watching Kobe dribble and run the point. Very strange
Just as the pure shooters who played alongside Michael did. They bring the ball up court but, after the first pass, become the "2" guard.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
reread what he said. i'm pretty sure he was saying "lets hope so" to dwight calling it a season, not hoping that he ends up just as injury plagued as Roy and Hill.

How do you figure that? Seems like that there's at least a 50-50 chance that he was talking about either what I thought he said or what you think he said.

asudevil83

Reaction score
How do you figure that? Seems like that there's at least a 50-50 chance that he was talking about either what I thought he said or what you think he said.

if there was a 50-50 chance, then why did you automatically assume, and subsequently call him a terrible person?

i'd like to think that Cheesebeef is a decent person and isnt hoping for a player to be plagued by career ending injuries and a life of chronic pain. that's just me, i think we should ask him though.

Hey Cheese, do you hope Dwight ends up crippled by injury, or do you hope that Dwight calls it a season and gets surgery?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I am guessing the Lakers have been winning since I don't see anything on ESPN about them.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I am guessing the Lakers have been winning since I don't see anything on ESPN about them.

They have won two in a row and 5 of their last 6 games. But with the exception of beating the Thunder at home, none of their wins have been all that impressive. Beating the Jazz and Pelicans at home and T-Pups and Pistons on the road is nothing to write home about for a team that was supposed to challenge for a championship.

Even if the Lakers continue to struggle and trail the 8th seed, I doubt we'll see as much about it as written during their recent slide. The fact that the Lakers are not that good is no longer really news. It is hard to explain, but not news.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Even if the Lakers continue to struggle and trail the 8th seed, I doubt we'll see as much about it as written during their recent slide.

Then again, the fact that Tiger Woods was not winning was front page news for about two years after he got beat up by his wife. ;)

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just as the pure shooters who played alongside Michael did. They bring the ball up court but, after the first pass, become the "2" guard.

I haven't watched the Lakers since I posted this, but that isn't what this looked like. It was Kobe running the offense with Nash standing off to the side, waving his arms futilely everyone once in a while trying to get the ball.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I haven't watched the Lakers since I posted this, but that isn't what this looked like. It was Kobe running the offense with Nash standing off to the side, waving his arms futilely everyone once in a while trying to get the ball.
Not to belabor the point, but I saw Steve bringing the ball into the half-court, then becoming the shooting guard once he passed. Kobe wasn't bringing the ball upcourt from defense to offense, which is how I remember Michael's small-guards handling it.

"What's your position, Steve?" "I'm a combo-guard. Small guard on defense and shooting guard on offense. Kobe rests while I bring it up. I rest once he takes over." :)

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the team with the two most overrated and overpaid guards lose to the lakers tonight, and lakers might be better off with gasol than howard.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
if there was a 50-50 chance, then why did you automatically assume, and subsequently call him a terrible person?

i'd like to think that Cheesebeef is a decent person and isnt hoping for a player to be plagued by career ending injuries and a life of chronic pain. that's just me, i think we should ask him though.

Hey Cheese, do you hope Dwight ends up crippled by injury, or do you hope that Dwight calls it a season and gets surgery?
Whoa, talk about making assumptions, when did I call cheesebeef a terrible person?

I said "you are better than that" which is far from calling him a terrible person. If I thought he was a terrible person, I would have commented with something like "You would say something terrible like that".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa, talk about making assumptions, when did I call cheesebeef a terrible person?

I said "you are better than that" which is far from calling him a terrible person. If I thought he was a terrible person, I would have commented with something like "You would say something terrible like that".

eh... when it comes to the Lakers, any Laker, I am a terrible person!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
eh... when it comes to the Lakers, any Laker, I am a terrible person!

True that.

If I saw Kobe strolling trough a cross-walk the question isnt 'would I stop?'... its 'would I throw it in reverse and hit him twice for good measure?'

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Okay, I'm rooting against the Lakers (as always, sorry, Steve), but I'm also hoping the Suns loose at least 3 out of 4. We need to get in the top 10, or higher, to not pick a dud in next years draft.

Fine, we've got a new coach, and some guys (what's their name? Blank?) in the front (post) office (they're mailing it in), but do we reap the rewards of all this misery?

25 years+++ and no championship...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still will have a better career than what we drafted.

I wouldn't bet on it. Or, maybe I should say, I wouldn't bet on Sullinger having a career worth remembering. The Front Office has made some good decisions and some bad decisions, taking Sullinger would have been a risky one IMO. Even if he finally recovers and returns to his Freshman level, we're not in a position to waste a lottery pick on damaged goods. Healthy, he'd be a solid player in this league but it's not worth risking a top 15 pick on a big guy with a bad back.

As for Marshall, the jury is still out on him. He had a good game last night. I'm not sure he'll duplicate that often (or ever again) but maybe Gentry was part of the problem with the younger players.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm also hoping the Suns loose at least 3 out of 4.
If they play loose, they may not lose. :)

Such as they played against the Grizzlies with 2 Point Guards (which they have done before) and, even more, with two Centers (which they hadn't even used at practice).

Giving an opportunity to players previously drafted is even better than waiting to draft for next year, at this stage.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As for Marshall, the jury is still out on him. He had a good game last night. I'm not sure he'll duplicate that often (or ever again) but maybe Gentry was part of the problem with the younger players.

Steve

I am beginning to think that Gentry was a problem with younger players. The only one he even gave minutes to was Morris. He benched Beasley to the point he was a DNP. Maybe he deserved it. Whatever the case, Gentry was more of a tough love kind of coach.

I always liked Gentry, so I am going through a mental paradigm shift and I am still a little skeptical.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that Gentry was a problem with younger players. The only one he even gave minutes to was Morris. He benched Beasley to the point he was a DNP. Maybe he deserved it. Whatever the case, Gentry was more of a tough love kind of coach.

I always liked Gentry, so I am going through a mental paradigm shift and I am still a little skeptical.

I never knew what to think about Gentry as a coach. I liked what he had to say and I liked the way he carried himself but I was never confident in him as a coach. We had such a mishmash of players that I don't know if I'd have been confident of any coach. It's probably too early to credit Hunter's style with young guys but at least he's trying to get them out there.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I never knew what to think about Gentry as a coach. I liked what he had to say and I liked the way he carried himself but I was never confident in him as a coach.
In looking back, there sure seems to be one difference.

Alvin Gentry talked about defense. Lindsey Hunter evidently teaches it (in practice).

To the point where his offensive assistant coach runs most of the in-game huddles, planning a play for when the game resumes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05