Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
With that said, I would trade Dragic's highish value right now and follow it with Beasley and the LA pick to Toronto for Calderon. I guarantee Toronto does this deal. Dragic could get picks from a team needing a point guard.

Calderon is better than Dragic anyway, so it's a 2-for-1 on our end.

Calderon better? WHHHAAAT? Are you playing NBA 2k10 or 2k11?

Phranklin

Reaction score
Why make a move now. Just see were the pick lands and who is available. The Suns just can't cut salary there is a min 58million salary that needs to be spent. So if you move Beasley you need to take back just as much contract.

No this is wrong.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That you Earl Clark? Didn't mean to step on your toes talking about the value of #14 draft picks. We shipped you out, please move on.

We got into this mess by drafting garbage in the 10-14 range. You still mad about trading the rights to Sean May away or something? Yeah, what a hole that put us in.

The issue isn't where the Suns pick. It is whom they have selected. A perfect example is passing on Jared Sullinger this last draft.

Taking Markieff Morris over Kenneth Faried (22nd pick), Donatas Motiejūnas (20th pick), or Shumpert (17th pick)

Then after Earl Clark is a guy named Jarue Holliday (17th).

Always talent in the middle of the draft.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
With that said, I would trade Dragic's highish value right now and follow it with Beasley and the LA pick to Toronto for Calderon.

What the hell is your obsession with Calderon? He's 31 years old, hasn't played as many as 70 games in five seasons, and isn't that good even when he's healthy. He makes no sense whatsoever for a rebuilding team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What the hell is your obsession with Calderon? He's 31 years old, hasn't played as many as 70 games in five seasons, and isn't that good even when he's healthy. He makes no sense whatsoever for a rebuilding team.

trh? :D

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The issue isn't where the Suns pick. It is whom they have selected. A perfect example is passing on Jared Sullinger this last draft.

Taking Markieff Morris over Kenneth Faried (22nd pick), Donatas Motiejūnas (20th pick), or Shumpert (17th pick)

Morris was an ok pick. Sullinger had injury issues just like PJ III that is why they dropped. Faried many teams passed on him and was the steal of the draft for sure, but he was undersized for the 4 spot. Motiejunas still has not done anything to say he is a better pick than Morris. Shumpert although athletically gifted and still may workout has been injured all most his whole career.

Clark can't even back that one up there was a couple of good picks made after Earl that year. Ty Lawson, Taj Gibson, Darren Collison, Rodrigue Beaubois, DeJuan Blair, Chase Budinger, Taylor Griffin :)

But at least we didn't take Jordan Hill or Hasheem Thabeet

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With that said, I would trade Dragic's highish value right now and follow it with Beasley and the LA pick to Toronto for Calderon. I guarantee Toronto does this deal. Dragic could get picks from a team needing a point guard.

Calderon is better than Dragic anyway, so it's a 2-for-1 on our end.

This is not funny.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Preach it!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sullinger had injury issues just like PJ III that is why they dropped.

I never understood this logic. The whole reason old players come here is our amazing medical staff. So we can trust them to fix old guys with health issues but not young guys?

I think the Suns were determined to take a guard at that spot.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Preach it!

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sullinger is a nice future benchplayer with limited upside and injury concerns.

I don't think that he is a lottery pick talent.

Phranklin

Reaction score

Yeah, yeah, 29 teams passed over Gilbert Arenas...

Phranklin

Reaction score

Hello elindholms. Obsession is quite the strong word choice here, don't you think? I would have gone with something along the lines of upgrade, replacement, swap 2 parts to get three...

Calderon hits 44% three and 9.5 assists. He's the perfect guard to spread for Scola and Marchino. Dragic shoots 32% they pack paint and we lose.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sullinger is a nice future benchplayer with limited upside and injury concerns.

I don't think that he is a lottery pick talent.

He will be better than Blair and both are better than Morris already.

The point was that there is talent to be had with better scouting.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if you waive him, he still counts against your cap, so salary-wise there is no point to do that.

I know that you are gonna say: But the team would improve tremendously simply due the fact that Beasley isn't there anymore.

Gentry, Sarver, even maybe Hunter said they Beasley is a long-term project and it might take even a year to build up him to a player that they think he can become.
In other words don't hold your breath that he will be dealt this summer for nothing.

Like I said in my post, I do not expect us trade him because the people in our front office are not smart enough to do so. They are living in a fantasy world where Beasley, a horrible player, was supposed to be a #1 scoring option. I would not expect front office people that obtuse to come around on their own.

Hopefully the entire front office gets fired and we can get some real executives in here with some innovative ideas... such as NOT making 3 year contracts to horrible players a top priority.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I never understood this logic. The whole reason old players come here is our amazing medical staff. So we can trust them to fix old guys with health issues but not young guys?

I think the Suns were determined to take a guard at that spot.
Even if they wanted a guard so bad I wish they would have went with Evan Fournier instead.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What the hell is this the turtle rebuild model forum? Who'll be here in 2022?

You just said that the reason to rebuild a 31-year-old Calderon was so that he could help the offense of Scola and Gortat. Are you even reading what you're saying, or are you just being silly for a kick?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You just said that the reason to rebuild a 31-year-old Calderon was so that he could help the offense of Scola and Gortat. Are you even reading what you're saying, or are you just being silly for a kick?

Previous posts of his talk about getting Afflalo so that we can compete for a championship now. Yes, you read that right. He thinks Afflalo will help us become elite right now. He doesn't appear to care about rebuilding. That's why he has no concept of what you are talking about.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Previous posts of his talk about getting Afflalo so that we can compete for a championship now. Yes, you read that right. He thinks Afflalo will help us become elite right now. He doesn't appear to care about rebuilding. That's why he has no concept of what you are talking about.

Makes sense to me. If we can hang on to Beasley that would pretty much make us unstoppable. Dynasty!!!

Steve

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05