Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think you can ever really judge an interim coach. I'm hopeful based on what I know and have read about Hunter but I want to see what he can do with an offseason/preseason to prepare. He seems to have had a positive impact on the younger players but there is often an un unsustainable uptick with a coaching change so who knows.

Steve

I understand Wal-Mart sells Clipboards, that would be a very good spot to start. I cannot remember a less worthy and prepared candidate ever becoming a head coach in this league. It really is a mistake of epic proportions that he was chosen as our head coach. No one other than Beasley seems happy. Well I guess Lance Blanks is happy. Hopefully they are both sent packing soon after this season ends.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats the consensus on our new coach?

It seems to me that Dudley, Morris, and Gortat have regressed since Hunter took over. Beasley and Marshall seem really happy though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats the consensus on our new coach?

Let me put it this way. It would be nice if the Suns could hire SA lead assistant coach Mike Budenholzer to be the Suns next head coach. Afterall, he was born in Holbrook, Arizona and he has the credentials.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that Dudley, Morris, and Gortat have regressed since Hunter took over. Beasley and Marshall seem really happy though.

All three of those players were already enjoying disappointing seasons, I really don't see much of a change myself.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand Wal-Mart sells Clipboards, that would be a very good spot to start. I cannot remember a less worthy and prepared candidate ever becoming a head coach in this league. It really is a mistake of epic proportions that he was chosen as our head coach. No one other than Beasley seems happy. Well I guess Lance Blanks is happy. Hopefully they are both sent packing soon after this season ends.

Pat Riley? Marginal NBA player, one year as a broadcaster, one year as an assistant.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mark Jackson might be considered by some to be a candidate although he really has GS playing well.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Morris has been pretty awful all year. I think Dudley gets hurt the most by Beasley playing more. Dudley's offensive game relies on him moving off the ball and the ball getting to him in a good position. Not very conducive with the Beasley dribble and chuck routine.

And Marshall just needed PT. It was impossible to tell if he was good or terrible when his few opportunities were coming in the final minute of blowout loses.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
double edge sword, lakers beat the hornets.

stupid utah is sliding...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
utah blows a big lead to lost. the lakers overcame a lead to win.

wish things would just work out for the suns every once in a while.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Hope the raptors don't blow it

They did

I'm at the point of giving up on the pick. Utah and GS can't win a game. When any team gets a lead on the Lakers they bumble it away (how much is from officials is up for debate). Everything seems to point to the Lakers sneaking in

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like other teams are just purposely losing to the Lakers?

Hornets, up by 20 in the 4 QTR, then make some very uncharacteristic plays and lose the game. Raptors do the same thing.

Then on top Utah losing all these close games to the likes of Cavs, Bulls etc.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully with Jefferson back the jazz can get some wins. And with the lakers on the road lets hope they lose half or more than half of those games.
We win against the rockets tonight. It helps the lakers and hurts our chances for a top 3.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
all tied up with Utah now. and on this sunday they are leading the bulls by about 15pts right now in the third.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sure looks hopeless. Lakers are pulling out every close game. The refs seem to be in the Laker's pocket. And the Jazz look like they have no interest in winning.

If there ever was a year when a late lottery pick and an end of the 1st round pick would be similar in value available, its probably this year. Small consolation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sure looks hopeless. Lakers are pulling out every close game. The refs seem to be in the Laker's pocket. And the Jazz look like they have no interest in winning.

If there ever was a year when a late lottery pick and an end of the 1st round pick would be similar in value available, its probably this year. Small consolation.

Much like almost every other great moment in Suns history, the Lakers lotto pick watch ends up being just a collasal tease.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am still not convinced that Kobe and Nash are going to have anything left in the tank near the end of the season. If Kobe can keep playing like he has the last few games, then they deserve to be in playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still not convinced that Kobe and Nash are going to have anything left in the tank near the end of the season. If Kobe can keep playing like he has the last few games, then they deserve to be in playoffs.

I think they only need maybe 10 more wins at most and looking at their opponents, that's almost a given.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Much like almost every other great moment in Suns history, the Lakers lotto pick watch ends up being just a collasal tease.

Yup. It seems like we have lost every coin flip. Atlanta wins the stinking lottery and picks 3rd when we own their top 3 protected pick. Utah and Portland fold like tents and let the Lakers back into the playoffs.

It would be nice for the Suns to have a bit of luck at someone else's expense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Maybe the top San Antonio and OKC will start letting teams like Utah win in order to play them rather than the Lakers in round one. I know the Suns are not good at this, but Pop has been absolutely willing to tank games at the end of the season to manipulate playoff matchups.

Grasping at straws.

HooverDam

Reaction score
It's not like we expected to get it at the beginning of the season.

True enough, but its been one of the few things giving me hope all year long. Not that you usually get a star guy at 14, but even if they could get another solid rotation guy who's one of your 8 best, thats not worthless. Those kind of guys can be found at #30 too, but its much less likely and we have little reason to have faith in this Front Office to make a good pick in the late 1st round.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05