Suns @ Kings Game Thread 1-23-13

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Beasley got a chance to go down the middle on that missed shot he has been on fire.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hunter animated on the sideline.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I guess I am ok with a win tonight but no more for the rest of the year lol.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scola is so tough and so smart.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scola has gotten under Cousin's skin.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kings are gifting us missed FTs.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Why did they switch Scola off Cousins I don't care if they got double Ts

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems Morris is really getting bumped around.

Scola is something tonight. I like how he took away Cousin's intensity.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that Beasley is a star, we may never lose again.

Steve

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Awesome win. I hope the Suns can make a heroic push for the 9th playoff spot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome win. I hope the Suns can make a heroic push for the 9th playoff spot.

I'd like to see us in an 8 way tie for 2nd place and miss the playoffs by virtue of a tiebreaker. Of course, I also want to see our pick and the Lakers pick end up 1 and 2. Then, I want to trade each of those picks for a top 10 pick this season and 2 future unprotected picks (for each pick). Then, I wake up. Still, it was a nice win.

Steve

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, a win damnit. Beas looked good but it's just one game. I really hope he can shut the critics up. Dragic still needs to play more too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, a win damnit. Beas looked good but it's just one game. I really hope he can shut the critics up. Dragic still needs to play more too.

Even though I've been one of his critics, I'm a Suns fan. I would be just fine seeing him play to his draft spot. But, no matter what he does going forward, nothing changes the fact that he played horribly for us prior to this. This was one good game for him. I hope it's the start of new confident player. We could use a good story right about now.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good thing is that our players are going to be exhausted and tomorrow we play one Blake Griffin and Jamal Crawford :D

Hopefully they will help us with our tank :)

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Ho-hum,,,,,it was a win over a Kings team that is just as bad as the Suns. Face it, not much more could go wrong this season.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Ho-hum,,,,,it was a win over a Kings team that is just as bad as the Suns. Face it, not much more could go wrong this season.

Well the trade deadline has not passed so there is still alot that could go wrong. I agree it was only one game and you can still see some big issues.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns were successful in Hunter's debut, thanks in large part to Michael Beasley. Playing in a reserve role, Beasley had 13 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter as the Suns outscored Sacramento 32-19.

"We defended. And Michael Beasley was tremendous in the fourth quarter," Gortat said. "He took the game over by himself. He was unstoppable and gave us three straight possessions where he scored. He definitely helped us win."

--ESPN.com

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gortat giving Beasley props? Yikes. If it turns out that there is actually more to Beas than we thought. . . . The problem is that he turns in one good game and then takes three off.

Maybe Beas sees the coaching change as a clean slate opportunity for him.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Gortat giving Beasley props? Yikes. If it turns out that there is actually more to Beas than we thought. . . . The problem is that he turns in one good game and then takes three off.

The biggest change I saw was he actually helped on Def and went after Def rebounds. He still took some bad shots and avoided contact, but baby steps are good and hopefully he can stay focused for multiple games. I will give it at least 5 games before making a call.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Beasley has a lot to prove, but I find it hard to believe that the problem with him started with Alvin Gentry. That doesn't make sense to me.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Beasley has a lot to prove, but I find it hard to believe that the problem with him started with Alvin Gentry. That doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe since Dudley was Gentry's guy at SF and he had to move him to SG and Dudley struggled there. Not sure but it is only one game and I am still not sold on Beasley's light turning on yet. Dudley also played well yesterday and ran the floor nicely his shot was still off but he well enough.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake