Suns @ Lakers Thursday 5/4/2006 game thread -Insider - Yahoo previews

jibikao

Reaction score
DieHardFromMO said:
I am superstitious like that also. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

It has worked twice in a row now and I don't intend to change that. I came here thinking that the game was already over (right before I went to sleep) and now I am alllllllllllllllllllllllll excited. Darn it. Darn basketball. I hate it!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are too young to win a game like this.

We again played Suns ball.

TT is your God..you should all kneel to him.

Nash will never shoot that good again.

You probably just won the series.

You're better off with Barbosa in the game than Raja...Raja plays into our game, and Barbosa plays Suns ball and throws us off defensively.

Game 7 is going to be brutual. Kobe took a terrible shot at the end of regulation..fading left as a right handed shooter. Junk shot. Should have drove...it was there all night.

Game 7 will be close again. I don't even want to watch.

Best series of the playoffs, by far.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
jibikao said:
It has worked twice in a row now and I don't intend to change that. I came here thinking that the game was already over (right before I went to sleep) and now I am alllllllllllllllllllllllll excited. Darn it. Darn basketball. I hate it!!!

What sucks though is you didn't get to watch the victory.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

You're better off with Barbosa in the game than Raja...Raja plays into our game, and Barbosa plays Suns ball and throws us off defensively.

Game 7 is going to be brutual. Kobe took a terrible shot at the end of regulation..fading left as a right handed shooter. Junk shot. Should have drove...it was there all night.

Nash won't shoot that good again?

Wow...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey guys I havent been posting for a while cause my computer hardrive got fried and took almost 8 weeks to get fixed damn best buy is slow lol...
But anyways what a awsome game man when Thomas took that 3 my heart stoped for a sec then it went in and I had a feeling we could take it in ot!!! Also great game by Nash and Marion and Thomas now lets play like this in game 7 and go face the Clips :)

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

I wouldn't watch it either if I were you.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Hey, I am looking at the boxscore now. I was right. Kobe attempted 35 shots and scored 50pt and we won. Man, I KNEW IT. Once there's no Raja, Kobe is going to take over the game like that.

Not even close. Kobe also made 20 shots. He wasn't even the reason for the loss...they played your game again and didn't slow it down. That's it and that's all.

We had a three point lead, and TT hit a monster shot. After two OR by the Suns.

You can giddy all you want about Kobe and his shots, but the rest of the team scored too...we just couldn't defend and Nash played out of his mind.

TT is killing us.

Game 7 will be sick, and I don't think I can watch.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

Kings/Spurs has been pretty good with the exception of game 1.

jibikao

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

I'll be nice this time and be reasonable with you.

I was ROOTING for the refs to suspend Raja. I didn't want Raja to be the sparkling in game 6. If Raja plays, he will only light up the whole team. I didn't watch the game (and I don't intend to) but it was a good decision afterall.

Kobe attepted 35 shots unlike his usual 20ish in all previous games. I knew the moment Raja is gone, Kobe will want to take over and that's when Laker strays away from their gameplan. When Kobe scores big, we lose because that means other players aren't involved enough.

Game 7 will be too intense for me.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
the lakers choked...BAD and the suns made the big plays at the end. i can't believe the lakers didn't continue to pound the ball inside once TT picked up his 5th foul. too many jumpshots tonight by kobe. having raja out of the game actually baited kobe into taking so many jumpers against barbosa.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
DieHardFromMO said:
What sucks though is you didn't get to watch the victory.
Me neither but I did it for the team. I swear every time I put it on they start losing. I watched the 3 games they lost. I will flip back and fourth Whenever I am not watching they build a lead, whenever I flick it back on they start losing. It happened a few times just tonight.

cly2tw

Reaction score
hsandhu said:
Not only have a never been prouder to be a suns fan, this takes away all the pain of game 4, as the lakers were one rebound away from ending our season. We stole this one, like they did game 4.

They stole it with the help of the refs. Not quite the same with us getting it with heart!:D :thumbup:

jibikao

Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Me neither but I did it for the team. I swear every time I put it on they start losing. I watched the 3 games they lost. I will flip back and fourth Whenever I am not watching they build a lead, whenever I flick it back on they start losing. It happened a few times just tonight.

I am not the only one that jinx the team? lol

Hey, I am not complaining. We won! I can't take the pressure.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Kobe attepted 35 shots unlike his usual 20ish in all previous games. I knew the moment Raja is gone, Kobe will want to take over and that's when Laker strays away from their gameplan. When Kobe scores big, we lose because that means other players aren't involved enough.

Since you didn't watch, I'll let you know that's not how it went down. In fact, you almost died at his hand until TT nailed a huge shot after two OR.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Not even close. Kobe also made 20 shots. He wasn't even the reason for the loss...they played your game again and didn't slow it down. That's it and that's all.

We had a three point lead, and TT hit a monster shot. After two OR by the Suns.

You can giddy all you want about Kobe and his shots, but the rest of the team scored too...we just couldn't defend and Nash played out of his mind.

TT is killing us.

Game 7 will be sick, and I don't think I can watch.

sorry, d-dogg. i put this loss on kobe more than anyone else. although he brought the lakers back with some of his clutch shots, he also took quite a few bad jumpers that put the lakers in a bad position.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Yawn...

Remember who is the underdog in this series dude. It isn't the Suns.

The Lakers are not a #7 seed and the Kings are not a #8 seed even though it says so in the standings.

jibikao

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Since you didn't watch, I'll let you know that's not how it went down. In fact, you almost died at his hand until TT nailed a huge shot after two OR.

Hey, we didn't die, did we? :D