Suns @ Mavericks Game Thread

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What pisses me off, is now we're gonna have to listen to those 3 idiots in the studio talk about awful we are, when we lost on a last second shot on the road.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
this team doesnt deserve to be called "elite" after this porus performance

JWF

Veteran
Reaction score
lets see if someone can pull out a miracle shot.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Raja is a damn fool, why make that inboud pass when we have 2 time outs.

TJ

Reaction score
Raja Bell is a liability in crunch time. Turnovers, fouls, cold shooting. He shouldnt be in there

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Raja is a damn fool, why make that inboud pass when we have 2 time outs.

I was wondering the same thing. Use a timeout and try again.

Raja did not have a good game, but this one was lost during that stretch where we just ran down the clock and jacked up bad shots. That let the Mavs back in the game.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What pisses me off, is now we're gonna have to listen to those 3 idiots in the studio talk about awful we are, when we lost on a last second shot on the road.

Here is a simple solution to that, don't watch the postgame show.

TJ

Reaction score
This is one of the most ludicrous posts ever.

There is NO doubt that we saw 2 of the best 3 teams in the NBA playing tonight.

22 turnovers, fouling like its going out of style, poor clock management. Come on buddy. Dont become an apologist tonight

Nashfan

Rookie
Reaction score
If Marion would have shown up tonight we might have had a better chance to win. Twelve points and six rebounds is pathetic! Why was Amare taking the shot at the end, it should have been Nash or Bell!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raja Bell is a liability in crunch time. Turnovers, fouls, cold shooting. He shouldnt be in there

I guess you didn't watch the playoffs last year. It's one game people. It seems like after a loss some people here are ready to jump on someone because they did not have a great game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
22 turnovers, fouling like its going out of style, poor clock management. Come on buddy. Dont become an apologist tonight

Correct. 22 turnovers, lots of fouling and poor clock management. And what happened?

We lost on a relative buzzer beater to the team with the best record in the NBA and winners of the last 7 in a row.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

It was a bad game. Hell the Spurs lost to the friggin Bobcats earlier in the year, should we stop calling them elite due to a loss earlier in the season?

Newsflash: When the playoffs start it is the best of 7 not best of 1

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Clearly, the difference between the Mavs and the Suns is the amount of clutch shooters they have. I was surprised that Nash didn't get that last pass, I guess they did a good job on defense there.

Raja clearly choked towards the end, I saw Marion just lose the ball as well, these are the types of things that really just kill the Suns in the end. Not to mention all the missed freethrows, they never seem to miss that many when they play Portland.

Other than Nash we don't really have any true clutch players to go to at the end. Unfortunately, it's the exact same team as the last three seasons.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If Marion would have shown up tonight we might have had a better chance to win. Twelve points and six rebounds is pathetic! Why was Amare taking the shot at the end, it should have been Nash or Bell!!

Amare took the shot because he was the only guy open for the pass. Raja was throwing it in, so he couldn't take the shot. Raja should have called the timeout, but oh well. Amare was the only option at the time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far. This team needs improvement but they're still elite

Its one game dude

I think you have to beat someone elite before you can pronounce yourself as such, don't you think?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think you have to beat someone elite before you can pronounce yourself as such, don't you think?

Dude, cheese, we lost by 2 on a crazy shot that only 5 people tops in the world can make. This game was winnable, don't you think?

And again, we had an awful ball handling game with the 22 turnovers in a foul-ridden game. Against the best record in the league and a 7-game winning streak. And yet we lost by 2 on that miracle shot. If anything, I'd say it's pretty impressive that we had a chance to win this game.

TJ

Reaction score
I really wish Steve would've shot more in the last 5 minutes. He's automatic.

I agree, plus he should have gotten the look at the end. Also, it seemed like everyone else was getting clumsy out there. Barbosa's moving pick, Bell's pass to Al McCoy. Three possesions where we let the clock go down. Come on, what happened to "seven seconds or less?"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05