Suns @ Mavericks Game Thread

se7en

Go SUNS Go
Reaction score
I guess I was too focused on the feet and didn’t see Barbosa lower his shoulder. I’m glad the refs didn’t blow a crucial call at the end of another big game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
a. A dribbler shall not ... (3) attempt to dribble between an opponent and a boundary, where sufficient space is not avail-able for illegal contact to be avoided.

LOL, that part of the rule is never observed. I never even knew about it before.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
By the way, where's the text for all of the "off arm" rules? Those aren't covered by the excerpt.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Pessimists will home in on old themes — close losses and defeats to top teams. Optimists will point to Dallas needing the NBA's second-best home court and the Suns' defense being strong once the fouls stopped. The Suns belong in the elite ranks. If anything, Amaré Stoudemire's game proved that when it found some new heights Thursday. “The ducks are lined up, but those freaking ducks are Dallas and San Antonio in the way,” Mike D'Antoni said. “There are a lot of damn mallards out there sniping at our ass.”

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/1229suns1229.html

You must be registered for see images

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Ron Artest is available. He’s a small forward who does everything that Marion can’t - get his own shot, drive to the basket and play great defense. Is it worth the high risk/reward? I would think the Suns could get an additional decent player (to make the salaries work) and or maybe a draft pick out of the Kings as they seem desperate for good citizens. And let’s not forget that Marion went to UNLV and the Maloofs are based in Vegas. Just a little connection there.

No thank you.

“The ducks are lined up, but those freaking ducks are Dallas and San Antonio in the way,” Mike D'Antoni said. “There are a lot of damn mallards out there sniping at our ass.”
http://www.

LOL. That's a great quote. Antoni is always good for those.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ron Artest is available. He’s a small forward who does everything that Marion can’t - get his own shot, drive to the basket and play great defense. Is it worth the high risk/reward? I would think the Suns could get an additional decent player (to make the salaries work) and or maybe a draft pick out of the Kings as they seem desperate for good citizens. And let’s not forget that Marion went to UNLV and the Maloofs are based in Vegas. Just a little connection there.

If you are suggesting trading Marion for Artest, well, (I'm trying to be kind) no.

However, last night did show us that a player with Artest's skills could be useful on this team.

Banks, James Jones, Burke, and a 1st round pick for Artest works. Sacramento would have to be quite a bit more desperate to move him before that would happen though. That's about all I'd give for him, because the locker room risk is so great. AND before you all flame me for proposing a lopsided trade in our favor--I understand that it is--its just all I would be willing to give.

It's pretty clear that Jumaine Jones has supplanted JR in our lineup AND that Barbosa might well be our pg of the future. He was nearly unstoppable last night. Jalen Rose can fill the spot as a 3rd pg.

Reaction score
Just stop all of you. Do you realize what a mistake it would be to trade Marion? You cannot get a better player than him, for him. He's the most versatile player in the L - ugly shot and all.

Count your blessings. 26 other teams would trade their team for yours.

I just happen to root for one that wouldn't. Titter.

Reaction score
Banks, James Jones, Burke, and a 1st round pick for Artest works. Sacramento would have to be quite a bit more desperate to move him before that would happen though. That's about all I'd give for him, because the locker room risk is so great. AND before you all flame me for proposing a lopsided trade in our favor--I understand that it is--its just all I would be willing to give.

Seriously. Your subpar bench and a low first rounder for the best defender in the league? Um, yeah - no. Just no.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just stop all of you. Do you realize what a mistake it would be to trade Marion? You cannot get a better player than him, for him. He's the most versatile player in the L - ugly shot and all.

Count your blessings. 26 other teams would trade their team for yours.

I just happen to root for one that wouldn't. Titter.

Youre right about Marion. In some ways, it is harder to find an effective role player than an effective star player. Marion gets star production out of a role players role (doesn't sound right but I couldn't figure out any other way to say it).

And, as I think about it. There is not another team in the league that I would trade this Suns roster for. Titter.

Oh, and on the Artest trade thing. Of course the answer is no. I think I already acknowledge that.

Nashfan

Rookie
Reaction score
First of all, before jumping to judgement about "elite" teams, lets look at some numbers before all of last nights games amongst the four top Western teams. The top of that list must be Utah with a win/loss record of 4 and 0, the Spurs and the Mavs at 2 and 2 and the Suns at 0 and 4. Point production in Utah's four wins netted a positive 37 points or 9.25 points per game. In the Spurs two and two record they managed to score as many points as they allowed, they had an 11 point differential in wins or 5.5 per game, and also an 11 point differential in their two losses, again 5.5 per game. The Mavs in their two and two record managed to outscore their opponents by 10 total points in those two wins or an average of 5 per game. In their two losses, they were outscored by 28 points or 14 points per game. Looking at the Suns in all four losses they were outscored by 21 points or only 4.2 per game. Looking at these numbers, Utah would appear to be the elite of the elite. The Spurs while sharing the same win/loss record amongst these four teams as the Mavs, they are merely half a point better in their wins than are the Mavs in their wins, while they are both approximately four points behind Utah. Looking at the point differential for losses, the Suns have only lost by 4.2 points per game while the Spurs have lost by 5.5 points per game in losses. The Mavs on the other hand have lost by an average of 14 points per game. Use this as food for thought when trying to determine who is an elite team. It is still way too early to start lavishing unbridled praise on any of these four teams, especially after watching last night's games against these four. Seems like the elite status is still up for grabs in the West amongst these four teams.

HooverDam

Reaction score
This thread is a great example of why everyone on the message boards aren't pro athletes (other than our lack of athletic talent)- you're all like yo-yos. Going from "Suns are the best" to "Im going to kill myself" depending on the outcome of single games. Thankfully, Im sure most of the Suns have done like Cotton used to say and "flushed" this game....its over, time to concentrate on the Knicks.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This thread is a great example of why everyone on the message boards aren't pro athletes (other than our lack of athletic talent)- you're all like yo-yos. Going from "Suns are the best" to "Im going to kill myself" depending on the outcome of single games.

Or, maybe, some of us have known all along that beating up on bad teams and losing to good ones is the very definition of second tier, and we're just waiting for some evidence one way or the other to show that the Suns aren't in that category. But I guess that position doesn't lend itself quite as well to superior, sweeping generalizations, does it?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Or, maybe, some of us have known all along that beating up on bad teams and losing to good ones is the very definition of second tier, and we're just waiting for some evidence one way or the other to show that the Suns aren't in that category. But I guess that position doesn't lend itself quite as well to superior, sweeping generalizations, does it?

Jesus Christ Sally Sensitive, I'm just saying its a bit silly to get so down about ONE game. The early losses to quality teams are far less meaningful because of Amare's reduced role and the other issues w/ the team. The Suns will be fine. Blowing out New York tonight was a very nice sign that this team doesn't suffer from getting down on itself(like most on this message board do), a lot of teams may have slipped up against NY, or at least had a close game, but not this team- I found that encouraging.

Now the Suns have one of the better teams in the East (which isn't saying much, but still) on Sunday, lets see if they can dominate Detroit on their homecourt, that would be very encouraging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05