Suns @ Mavs 6/1/2006 game thread - Scouting Report: Mavericks vs. Suns

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Hold on there Ash, it's not over till the fat lady sings.

All we need is 2 stops, and TT hitting a couple of threes and we're back in it.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
SirStefan32 said:
Hold on there Ash, it's not over till the fat lady sings.

All we need is 2 stops, and TT hitting a couple of threes and we're back in it.

We need a miracle. They can't hold onto the ball, shoot bad shots on a consistent basis, let Dallas get EVERY SINGLE BOARD, and oh yeah we haven't made a stop lately ... this all leads to disaster

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Lack of effort in the 1st, horrible ending to the end of the 3rd qtr, and then moronic back to back Ts

Game lost on account of this team's own stupidity

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Complete and utter meltdown after the Suns took their seven-point lead. Very sad.

And yes, let's have the Suns get rid of Kurt Thomas, so that the number of people on the roster with a concept of how to box out will be zero.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Complete and utter meltdown after the Suns took their seven-point lead. Very sad.

And yes, let's have the Suns get rid of Kurt Thomas, so that the number of people on the roster with a concept of how to box out will be zero.

Truly. I don't understand the eagerness of some to ship him off. Gambo practically guaranteed he'd be gone this summer. No, KT is essential to this team's chances in the future.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
elindholm said:

No kidding. The Suns had a very nice demonstration on how not to board.

For example on the last 3 possessions they made a stop originally (good) then promptly let them go unevaded to the rim to get the board thus negating anything good they had done

Unfortunately I think the season is over. What a shame because it was a nice run but this is just horrific

We at least held Dirk to 47 points thus far :sarcasm:

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
Raja said he was an emotional player. But uncontrolled emotions can force you to do stupid things. Hence, the technicals.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
I know I'm a broken record, but we can't get a damn call since we went up 77-70.

Because we stopped being the aggressor. A pathetic effort after that 7 point lead ... just inexcusable

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
gdiddy said:
Raja said he was an emotional player. But uncontrolled emotions can force you to do stupid things. Hence, the technicals.
what caused the techincal. I saw nothing. BS call. the refs BLOW

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The technicals had nothing to do with this. Terry (I think) got a technical later in the quarter for the same reason.

The Suns lost because they couldn't stop Nowitzki, they've never been able to stop Howard, and they don't rebound.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
gdiddy said:
BS, the Mavs are getting so many continuations and "and 1's" he's got to try to stop the guy from making the basket.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
gdiddy said:

The T on Raja was very weak. However the stupidity that was D'Antoni's can't be excused

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Barbosa sucks threads, and all the bashing the Suns threads tommarow, becuase after a lose, it turns into HATE for the suns here sometimes.

Some of you guys are out of control.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The roof just caved in with 1 down and 8 min to go in 4th.

We stopped doing what we were doing, that is stopped playing D.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
I agree officiating sucks, but that's been the case all along. It's was the case in the Lakers series. It was the case in the Clippers series when Maggette used to bully his way to the rim and draw a foul from anyone. It's now happening in this series.

Ok, so it's a loss. There's still a game 6.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Sunshooter said:
Ref killing us

The Suns killed themselves. After going on a massive run, they stopped doing what gave them the lead and the defensively just completely melted down

Dirk scoring 50 points wasn't the refs fault, the horrific attempts at rebounds weren't the refs fault, this team sucked because they sucked. No one to blame but themselves

What a shame

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05