Suns @ Nuggets Game Thread

jibikao

Reaction score
devilalum said:
Wold be nice if we had somebody that could hit a buzzer beater.

I thought Eddie is the best fit since he has the quickest release of all and he is taller than Nash. I can't imagine Nash being the buzzer beater since he is too short and not athletic enough to get his shot off.

Was Eddie's shot close though?

jibikao

Reaction score
Treesquid said:
shot was not close

:eek:

So I guess Eddie is not clutch then. He is VERY streaky... hopefully he can come out of slump soon. I mean we already don't have Barbosa as the backup.

It's kinda surprising that Jim Jackson didn't see any playing time in 3 OTs!!! lol

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jibikao said:
I thought Eddie is the best fit since he has the quickest release of all and he is taller than Nash. I can't imagine Nash being the buzzer beater since he is too short and not athletic enough to get his shot off.

Short and to the left. Barely touched the rim

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The Suns should have won during the game when Nash set up Marion for a 5 foot shoot with time running out.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
jibikao said:

Uh, Nash is three inches taller than House. :shrug:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
jibikao said:

So I guess Eddie is not clutch then. He is VERY streaky... hopefully he can come out of slump soon. I mean we already don't have Barbosa as the backup.

It's kinda surprising that Jim Jackson didn't see any playing time in 3 OTs!!! lol

Eddie is clutch but everything was a bit coatic, Denver stepped up their D bigtime and the refs were definately calling it like a home game for the Nuggets. His shot was challenged with time running out it was a poor look.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
jibikao said:

So I guess Eddie is not clutch then.

Bold assumption based on that play.

It was 2.8 sec left, House had to handle the ball too, it was not an open jumper, he had to shoot a running 3P-er from 25-ft.

jibikao

Reaction score
scoutmasterdave said:
Uh, Nash is three inches taller than House. :shrug:

You serious? Let me check! How come Nash looks smaller than what he really is?? lol

Ok, I just checked. Nash is 6'3 and House is 6'1. I swear House looks taller than that!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
jibikao said:
You serious? Let me check! How come Nash looks smaller than what he really is?? lol

Ok, I just checked. Nash is 6'3 and House is 6'1. I swear House looks taller than that!

House is listed as 6'1 but he is closer to 5-11, I used to see him at campus and we are roughly the same hieght.

jibikao

Reaction score
hcsilla said:
Bold assumption based on that play.

It was 2.8 sec left, House had to handle the ball too, it was not an open jumper, he had to shoot a running 3P-er from 25-ft.

Well... maybe the word "clutch" is not right word.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, I felt like I was watching a replay of the knicks game. Phantom fouls, flopping, all the Suns in foul trouble, 3 OTs, getting screwed over and over......That's 2 road games in a row that were almost identical. The close ref calling shots a 3 and the ref 30 ft away calling it a 2 and overruling.

jibikao

Reaction score
Treesquid said:
House is listed as 6'1 but he is closer to 5-11, I used to see him at campus and we are roughly the same hieght.

House is only 5'11? You sure? He doesn't seem all that short to me... Boykins is shorter than me. :( Now he looks short.

I wonder if Nash can dunk during practice? I don't think he is 6'3. NBA.com tends to list players taller than what they really are..like Barkley.

jibikao

Reaction score
Well, we don't have game tomorrow. Rest up. We need to beat warriors since they are in our division.

planaria

Rookie
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Wow, I felt like I was watching a replay of the knicks game. Phantom fouls, flopping, all the Suns in foul trouble, 3 OTs, getting screwed over and over......That's 2 road games in a row that were almost identical. The close ref calling shots a 3 and the ref 30 ft away calling it a 2 and overruling.

Are you complaining about fouls IN THIS game??? Suns got most of the calls... DAMN! I can't believe it!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
planaria said:
Are you complaining about fouls IN THIS game??? Suns got most of the calls... DAMN! I can't believe it!

How do you figure?

The Suns made 29 fouls to Nougets 26 and Denver had 9 more free throws.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
planaria said:
You're kidding right? You must be.

Suns in foul trouble:

Nash 6
Diaw 6
Marion 5
KT 5

Nugz in foul trouble:
Najera 5
Watson 5

That's 4 starters for the Suns in foule trouble (or out) and 2 bench players for the Nugz in trouble.......

Last edited:

planaria

Rookie
Reaction score
devilalum said:
How do you figure?

The Suns made 29 fouls to Nougets 26 and Denver had 9 more free throws.

Did you watch the game? I'm not talking about the numbers. Im talking about refs wrong calls.

That foul on Andre Miller in the end of first half was an absurd. So it's one on Earl Watson in who? JJ?

Serious, you can try to find any excuse for this game, but refs...

planaria

Rookie
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
That's 4 starters for the Suns in foule trouble (or out) and 2 bench players for the Nugz in trouble.......

What the refs can do if Nash has all the offensive talent of the world but cant follow his opponent without touch him in the defensive end??

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
jibikao said:

That's it! Let's trade House! Hell, let's cut him! Oh no, he misses a shot when guarded by three people. He's instantly not clutch, even though he basically won 5 games by himself this year.

:lame:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
planaria said:
Did you watch the game? I'm not talking about the numbers. Im talking about refs wrong calls.

That foul on Andre Miller in the end of first half was an absurd. So it's one on Earl Watson in who? JJ?

I watched the Suns Denver game, which were you watching.

That Miller call wasn't any worse than the Bell call under the basket in OT.

George Karl looks like an obese gopher.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
planaria said:

Are you talking about where a Nugget jumped into James Jones as he shot a three and took out his right leg? That looked pretty obvious to me. What about the flop by Andre Miller when he tried to back down Steve Nash and jumped 4ft away from him to the floor and got the game tieing fts towards the end of regulation. Then there were the lots of nuggets using off arms to clear away the defenders on shots (Carmelo almost every time). Carmelo holding Nash on an imbounds play so he can't get to the pass in the 4th qtr and then Nash is called for a foul when Melo has an arm in Nash's chest pushing him away from the pass.

Whenever the Suns got ahead it became a parade to the free throw line for the Nugz.

I know Carmelo supposedly had a good game, but I think his game sucks ass. His main move is to Shaq bulldoze his defender on a drive to the basket (lowered shoulder to the defenders chest, spin and elbow the guy, then use his off arm to make sure the defender can't recover and block the shot). He did hit some tough outside shots so I'll give him credit for that, but his inside game is garbage. It's one thing to go around the defender to the hoop like Shawn or Amare do, but he just spins into the defender and gets the call every time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ProdigalSun

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Plus the shot he made the possession before couldn't be considered clutch I guess...