Suns players and Team USA Basketball in the Olympics

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They also got 6 points on completely phantom fouls. The missed 3 where they called a foul on Bam, and then the big guy drives and gets ripped clean the ball actually went out off of him and they called a foul. He made 1 missed 1 they got the rebound and scored 2 points.

France played great but there was a point there where it seemed REALLY apparent the refs were intimidated by the crowd.
The foul by Bam he was nowhere near the shooter, let alone even touch him.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
THat last 3 by Steph going right over 2 defenders, that's a shot that even future NBA Hofers couldn't believe. The reaction when he made that was like shock. The thing is it's not even the first time I've seen him make that, but in the moment in a gold medal game in France with all the momentum for France and his bad turnover just before it, unreal shot.

I doubt it will happen but if Steph is ever going to retire, now would be the time. He's accomplished everything you could ever want to accomplish. But my guess is he would feel like he lets his team down if he did that.
I don't want him to retire yet. and I'm not a fan of GS. You know I love the mavericks. but if he can make shots like that he needs to keep playing. if he wants to lol. that's how I felt about dirk. I wanted to see every moment until he decided he was done. it's incredible to watch players who want to take those clutch shots every time.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The foul by Bam he was nowhere near the shooter, let alone even touch him.
lebron was getting fouled a lot. they couldn't guard him without fouling but the refs were not calling anything. even that poster dunk by the France player was a clear charge.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
lebron was getting fouled a lot. they couldn't guard him without fouling but the refs were not calling anything. even that poster dunk by the France player was a clear charge.
One play Bam was at the top of the key waiting to set a screen. A smaller French player had him in a literal bear hug. Bam made a big point of showing he couldn't move and was being restricted. No foul called. It changed the play we were going to run.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I remember that play where the dude literally grabbed Lebron's arm and held it back so that he couldn't dunk the ball. lebron was like WTF! kind of funny now. it should have been a yellow card.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the USA gold team after the game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker now with two gold medals. Kevin Durant has four.

Both Suns players started today.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
4th quarter looked remarkably like a Suns 4th quarter. Until Curry went nuclear. A lot of standing around. Too much KD trying to pass. No cutters. KD and Book missing some shots they made earlier.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The team hung on every word LeBron said in the on court huddles they had after every game. He was definitely the leader of the team. I hope Booker was taking notes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the second video one can hear someone, presumably Curry, hollering "Book" for a Curry three.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'm just glad that France wasn't as persistent working out of the high post as Serbia - was shocking how absolutely awful the US was guarding it - pretty much switching to terrible matchups without any resistance

Was fun watching the team overall though. Curry is great when he gets going. Durant is such a problem when he can be freed to just his things. Book was great. LeBron is just a specimen. He still can transition so quickly and get to the rim.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just glad that France wasn't as persistent working out of the high post as Serbia - was shocking how absolutely awful the US was guarding it - pretty much switching to terrible matchups without any resistance

Was fun watching the team overall though. Curry is great when he gets going. Durant is such a problem when he can be freed to just his things. Book was great. LeBron is just a specimen. He still can transition so quickly and get to the rim.

I'm glad Jokic wasn't hitting the 3-point shot from the high post. He was wide open.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know this has been said ad nauseum, but it bears repeating that Book was the real MVP of this Olympic games. Lebron had the scoring, Curry the amazing final two games and Durant solid all-around play, but Booker was the glue guy on the whole team and was from top to bottom the most consistent player on the entire Olympic team.

Say what you will about +/-, but his positive contribution through 11 games is nothing short of extraordinary. The US scored 12 ppg more whenever he was on the floor. That is high level stuff.