Suns Playoff Run Thread

OP
OP
jagu

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Come on Suns! Only Denver stands in our way of the coveted 9th position in the West. I truly can't wait for next year. By re-signing Nash and Hill and adding a player we draft at 14, we'll get to do this all over again! Hooray!

I think every player on our team should have the #14 to honor our lottery pick. Almost like the Los Suns jerseys. Or maybe have an Earl Clark night, I'm sure slinslin would love that.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Now that Hill needs knee surgery, there is no way we sneak in to the playoffs. Time to relabel this thread "Lottery standings watch"

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now that Hill needs knee surgery, there is no way we sneak in to the playoffs. Time to relabel this thread "Lottery standings watch"

Agreed. The fact that Nash is playing with a hurt back, missing all his shots last game, isn't going to help either.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Hill out give us no chance to make the playoffs. Time to tank and improve our lottery pick.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Even though Hill is out, I'm very excited to see how well Shannon Brown can play in the starting lineup.

This guy was just a straight up chucker and worthless when he came off the bench but he's played really well when given starter minutes.

In 4 career starts with the Suns, he averages 20 pts a game...wasnt Nash recently saying how the Suns need a 20 pt scorer on the team?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Oh please... he started 2 games in a row now, one of which was a fluke career game. One game he scored 10 and the other 32, both losses.

Basically for those 4 games you mentioned he was a chucker that got hot.

Something tells me Shannon Brown shooting 50%FG and 45%3s as a starter won't hold up.. It might be different if Brown had actual basketball skills.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Trade Gortat and keep Robin Lopez to a max contract? Watching Steve Nash play is fun. If you can't enjoy that then you might as well go root for the Bobcats slinslin, they always get high picks. I've enjoyed this season. A lot of tough losses but it's not like we have world-beating talent on this roster. And yes, Rivers isn't a great athlete.

The Bobcats are a good reason why I wouldn't want the Suns to totally rebuild. I used to be for tanking a season or two. But looking at the Suns management, I think we'd be closer to the Bobcats than the Thunder.

At this point I'm hoping Nash stays and they put a few more pieces around him. Sad, but I don't have any faith that the Suns can successfully go through a rebuild without being awful for 10 years.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
So instead of 10 years being awful you would enjoy 20 years of being mediocre? Because I don't see how we are going to get better than mediocre when you never get a good chance to add a franchise player in the draft like pretty much every contender at some point did.

If you can't draft well you are inevitably going to suck sooner or later.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't care if they win or lose at this point. They are not making the playoffs and they are not going to change their draft status significantly.

Nothing really matters . . .

Old guys have music in their heads right now.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't care if they win or lose at this point. They are not making the playoffs and they are not going to change their draft status significantly.

Nothing really matters . . .

Old guys have music in their heads right now.

this here

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haha bulls lose to rockets and Utah beating Portland.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Looks like Goran Dragic may singlehandedly keep the Suns out of playoffs this year, or at least contribute greatly to that cause. Oh the irony. Steve Kerr must be enjoying this.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Why does it matter if they make the playoffs? If we just get in, we play the thunder and get swept anyways.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why does it matter if they make the playoffs? If we just get in, we play the thunder and get swept anyways.

I agree that the 8 spot is just not worth it. Before Hill got hurt, I thought maybe we could get to 7 and play the Spurs. But that seems like a longshot now and if we are not healthy it is just a waste of time.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Looks like Goran Dragic may singlehandedly keep the Suns out of playoffs this year, or at least contribute greatly to that cause. Oh the irony. Steve Kerr must be enjoying this.

Lon Babby and Lance Blanks traded Dragic not Kerr.

Budden

Registered
Reaction score

Steve Kerr seems like a good guy, so I don't think he would relish seeing this team's two captains in our current situation (keep in mind, Kerr said that Nash is the most meniachal person he's ever been around when it comes to improving his body and his game, and Kerr spent enough years alongside Michael Jordan that this statement says a whole lot about Kerr's respect for Nash).

But, it's been nearly two years since Kerr left. If he ever got any satisfaction from looking at the team he built and then looking at what his successors did.. I suppose an apt description would be.. they took Kerr's team, wrapped it up real tight in a tortilla with some refried beans, spoiled vegetables and mystery meat well past the expiration date, ate it, and splattered the digested waste onto the floor at the US Airways Center...? In any case, he didn't have to wait this long to be vindicated. He was a member of the commentating crew for this game:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BoPpICn6K24

This clip, featuring Hakeem Warrick, Hedo Turkoglu's ragged corpse, some homeless dude in a surprisingly realistic Vince Carter costume, and Josh Childress starting at center, was taken just 5 months after Kerr decided not to take a pay cut as the Suns GM.

But on the subject of Goran Dragic: the Rockets don't even need him. 15 years ago, they began their flawless execution of the "AZSPortsFans Message Board Secret to Success" Plan. They sucked, got Steve Francis, tanked a season or two, got the first pick in the 2002 draft, picked up a franchise 2-guard with Tracy McGrady, and have ridden Yao and TMac to like 8 titles, and all the while the Suns have been foolishly trying to get better by winning basketball games.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are currently #9 in the West baby! Is there any doubt that's where we'll end up?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are currently #9 in the West baby! Is there any doubt that's where we'll end up?

There's a little doubt. Denver has it pretty easy but Houston's remaining schedule is almost as tough as ours. 9th is still a pretty good bet but 8th isn't much of a long shot. I'd be fine with 8th place and a playoff spot (win or lose, I always enjoy seeing us make the playoffs) but I'd be fine with 9th and a long shot chance at a top pick. My preference would be a three way tie for 7th that leaves us outside of the postseason followed by hitting it big in the lottery.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns are only one game behind the #7 spot. We win and maintain that #7 spot then we make playoffs and go against the Spurs in the 1st rd series.

You guys are honestly telling me that you would rather be in the lottery than play the Spurs in the playoffs??

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Remaining 12 games...any predictions?

Here's mine....

4/06 @ Nuggets W (Suns know they are competing with Denver for playoffs so they go all out)
4/07 LA Lakers W (Lakers and Suns are gonna be on 2nd night of b2b but we're home plus LA may be caught up in the victory from last night over Houston)
4/09 @ Minnesota W (No Rubio and Suns are playing better than them recently)
4/11 @ Memphis W (this can go either way but we've played well against em this season so with playoffs on the line, I think it should continue)
4/13 @ Houston W (Another team Suns are competing with for playoff spot, Suns have more vets and know how important this game is so i expect us win)
4/14 @ San Antonio L (Playing AT SA on 2nd night of b2b? Yea right. Blowout loss)
4/16 Portland W (Redemption from last night's loss against SA. Portland isn't very good and we're at home)
4/18 Oklahoma City L (OKC is better)
4/19 LA Clippers W (Looked to avenge the last loss to the Clippers and trying to bounce back from last night's humiliating loss)
4/21 Denver W (home game, i expect crowd to be a big factor since denver is a team we're competing with for playoffs)
4/24 @ Jazz W (this can also really go either way but im gonna be a homer and pick PHX. Jazz are gonna be looking to avenge but this game just means so much to Suns so ill be a homer & pick PHX)
4/25 San Antonio W (Spurs are almost definitely gonna be resting their starters like last season's finale, so this should be an easy win that too at home)

10-2

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Suns are only one game behind the #7 spot. We win and maintain that #7 spot then we make playoffs and go against the Spurs in the 1st rd series.

You guys are honestly telling me that you would rather be in the lottery than play the Spurs in the playoffs??

I'd love to see them make the playoffs, but i'm not confident they have the skills to go very far. It probably means a we draft 12th-18th (Playoffs or non playoffs), and i'm not confident in the drafting ability of management either.......

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake