Suns sign Tyus Jones

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That Christmas game is probably about as dark as my mindset as a fan has ever gone for a regular season game.

Brutal.
I didn't necessarily expect even a win. I was not expecting to be curb stomped. My family was so happy to have the Suns game on to watch on Christmas Day. That was really a kick in the nuts!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Earlier in this thread, back in august, I mentioned that KD is eligible for a 1 year contract due to the 38 year old rule. So far this trade hasn't worked out for the best, last season we are down on wins and the product was just awful to watch.

Now with KD still on the books for two more years, 24-25 and 25-26, extending him beyond this is just asking for trouble. The trade didn't only impact what we gave up for KD (twins + picks), but the future as well where it extends beyond KD's current contract. Just doing business alone means we HAVE to keep KD and extend him, it would be bad business if we didn't. We are wasting Books prime years locked into Beal and KD as our big 3.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Earlier in this thread, back in august, I mentioned that KD is eligible for a 1 year contract due to the 38 year old rule. So far this trade hasn't worked out for the best, last season we are down on wins and the product was just awful to watch.

Now with KD still on the books for two more years, 24-25 and 25-26, extending him beyond this is just asking for trouble. The trade didn't only impact what we gave up for KD (twins + picks), but the future as well where it extends beyond KD's current contract. Just doing business alone means we HAVE to keep KD and extend him, it would be bad business if we didn't. We are wasting Books prime years locked into Beal and KD as our big 3.

I'm hoping we swing a deal with Houston, who now owns the picks we traded Brooklyn. They're in the market for a star and have our picks plus young talent. Supposedly they want Booker more, which makes sense for them but they kick rocks in that regard.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a great moment for Tyus. He gets the starting gig all to himself on a talented team. It is his moment to shine if he can make it happen.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't realize that Tyus and Grayson played together at Duke. I knew they were both Duke guys but Tyus came out after his freshman year while Grayson was a 4 year player. They had the same rookie/freshman year in 2014-15 where they won a NCAA championship.

Kind of interesting, Jahlil Okafor was also there. Of course the Suns let him go, basically, but that could have added another layer had he been kept around.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a great moment for Tyus. He gets the starting gig all to himself on a talented team. It is his moment to shine if he can make it happen.
If Tyus is on a mission this year it may benefit the Suns greatly in addition to his value.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't realize that Tyus and Grayson played together at Duke. I knew they were both Duke guys but Tyus came out after his freshman year while Grayson was a 4 year player. They had the same rookie/freshman year in 2014-15 where they won a NCAA championship.

Kind of interesting, Jahlil Okafor was also there. Of course the Suns let him go, basically, but that could have added another layer had he been kept around.

I read somewhere that the Grayson connection was another reason he chose to come here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake