Suns Training Camp, October 1st through 4th, 2024

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True that is the goal - here is the thing, bottom line the ball is still going to be in the hands of one of the big 3 80% of the time, so how much effect can that other 20% really have.

Really I have unfortunately come to the conclusion the Beal acquisition is screwing us. He does not fit on this team, and us trying to make him fit makes us worse. If we could flip him for a real 3 and D small forward I would be so much more optimistic about this teams chances.
Beal should definitely be used as a Ginobli-esque 6th who can run and score the second unit. But I really doubt that happens.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t see any chance the Suns are going to look like a SSOL team.

Durant is an ISO guy and I don’t see Bud or any point guard changing that about him.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
In this interview Grayson clearly says he played at 220 last year. He only put on 5-10 pounds in his own words. 24 minute mark.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That's a much more reasonable gain. Guess the 195 was what he was listed at last year but his playing weight was 220?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t see any chance the Suns are going to look like a SSOL team.

Durant is an ISO guy and I don’t see Bud or any point guard changing that about him.
Except he wasn’t when he was in golden state. And he loved that offense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beal should definitely be used as a Ginobli-esque 6th who can run and score the second unit. But I really doubt that happens.
I agree that is his best use - but it is far from ideal and unlikely to happen. We would have been better off just letting CP3's contract expire or and then using the midlevel to sign a forward or trading him for a forward.

I can't even decide anymore which was the worse deal, KD or Beal. I am still leaning towards KD because of all the draft picks, but if we hadn't made the Beal deal we might actually have a more complete team that could actually compete with KD.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake