Suns @ Spurs Game Thread

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
our go to guy fouled out in 15 minutes with the bias fouls called against him. Amare plays the 4th = win. This is why you keep KT in to gaurd the bigs and let amare go crazy on O but instead we have a ******** 3 gaurd lineup with chockers llike Bell brick'n FT at the end
He didn't choke. He made a tough three to make the game close at the end of the 4th then tied it up. He did pretty well today.

I'm not worried at all. Banks is doing better, Bell was making his shots, Amare did well. All we need is for Amare to continue improving and for Diaw to fix whatever is wrong with him.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
It's 5 games into the season guys calm down. This team has so many new parts that it's going to take awhile to gel. I said in an earlier thread that I thought they could be 8-8 through the first 16 games and that it would be ok. This team just has to be playing well by the end of December. They have the toughest stretch of their schedule right now and its not like they are getting blown out they are blowing leads. It will all come together.

Nash

Reaction score
Actually I also think the refs handed them the game with all the free throws and the 24 second shot clock mistake when Amare fouled out. The ball did not hit the rim and that is when I think the game turned.

Amare grabbed the rb on that and so the ball had switched possessions when Parker knocked the ball off. Though it looked like a BS call initially, the replays showed that the call was right.

Boy, we just refuse to win!

Nasser22

Reaction score
Dear God, that was a pathetic loss, they had the game won(several times) and -yet again- gave up a lead. I know people keep saying "Oh well,it's only 5 games, just wait until they're 20 games into the season" Well, we're five games into it, and we're 1-4, when we should have been 5-0 because of us blowing leads. What if this keeps up for the next 15 games?!
Then we get a 3rd or 4th seed and dominate when everyone is doing well at the end of the season. You guys all need to have more patience. I don't know how you could've expected us to start out so well while trying to fit in a new point guard and also a huge piece of the puzzle while playing 3 sets of back to backs in 10 days agaisnt playoff teams.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
damn it....1-4

2 years ago the suns were 31-4

The eddie house comment was sarcastic

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Amare got called for a foul on a VERY ticky tacky foul.
I only saw the last few minutes and OT when the Cats game went to halftime so I wondered what happened to Amare because he was dominating earlier.

Even though I didn't see it (other than the Barbosa call which was bad), you can't blame losing on the refs. Every team should expect to get their share of bad calls on the road.

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
We all need to calm down its a bad start but its going to take some time to incorporate alot of new parts to our system. Stat looked as good as he has in a long time... Its just going to take some time I actually think these loses will help this team grow... in another couple of weeks we are going to be playing well and we will be destroying teams...

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Then we get a 3rd or 4th seed and dominate when everyone is doing well at the end of the season. You guys all need to have more patience. I don't know how you could've expected us to start out so well while trying to fit in a new point guard and also a huge piece of the puzzle while playing 3 sets of back to backs in 10 days agaisnt playoff teams.

That's probably true, it's just a lot of us are pissed about tonights game so we start talking crazy, we'll probably be normal tommorow.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
damn it....1-4

2 years ago the suns were 31-4

The eddie house comment was sarcastic

and they didn't win the championship. Who cares what they finnish in november as long as the season ends in June.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
D'antoni needs to be cocked slapped for ever giving Barbosa the ball with 39 seconds to play in the 4th. As soon he got the ball, you just new he was either going to dribble it off his foot or blow a layup. It took all of 1/2 a second for him to give it right back to San Antonio.

Nasser22

Reaction score
That's probably true, it's just a lot of us are pissed about tonights game so we start talking crazy, we'll probably be normal tommorow.
Yeah I understand. Its just that I saw a lot of things to get excited about. I don't think it'll take long for this team to "get it" and go on their winning streak. Starting Saturday teams better watch out.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
D'antoni needs to be cocked slapped for ever giving Barbosa the ball with 39 seconds to play in the 4th. As soon he got the ball, you just new he was either going to dribble it off his foot or blow a layup. It took all of 1/2 a second for him to give it right back to San Antonio.

I have to say, there were a couple of plays were I thought Barbs was going to toss up his usual flailing shot and he made nice passes. He's getting there, but I still cringe when he drives, just not as much as Matrix taking a 3.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I understand. Its just that I saw a lot of things to get excited about. I don't think it'll take long for this team to "get it" and go on their winning streak. Starting Saturday teams better watch out.

I just hope they can get back to the old Suns of the 04-05 and 05-06 seasons. I know these season opening games don't really mean much, but fans just feel better about a team when they get off to a good start.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I just hope they can get back to the old Suns of the 04-05 and 05-06 seasons. I know these season opening games don't really mean much, but fans just feel better about a team when they get off to a good start.

I want to see the 04/05 team that just rolled over people from the inside and the perimeter. That will be the day. Amare tonight looked like he may get back there.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You mean drawing a foul and instead getting called for one himself? Chill out. It sounds like you watched the game. 25 FT - 6FT. Hmm, wonder what happened? Nash was on his butt most of the game after getting hacked, pushed, slapped, etc. He didn't shoot ONE FT - not ONE. Explain that and then tell me how this team is soft and has no heart. Frustrating? Absolutely. Discouraging? You bet. Fair? Not on your life or mine. They played well enough to win by double digits tonight and would have - in neutral conditions. It is what it is - a loss, but the factors can't be ignored while you are gnashing your teeth.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We all need to calm down its a bad start but its going to take some time to incorporate alot of new parts to our system. Stat looked as good as he has in a long time... Its just going to take some time I actually think these loses will help this team grow... in another couple of weeks we are going to be playing well and we will be destroying teams...

Bingo, we're talking about the Suns here, not the Cardinals. Our depth is sick, and when Boris gets his ass in shape, we'll be fine.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:madarms:

Throw a fit why dont ya ppl??

CALM DOWN

For starters...Amare looked GREAT!! Tonight is the best I've seen him since pre-microfracture. Gives me a lot of hope...makes me care less about the Spurs loss.

Banks stepped up. That dude can STEAL it baby. I like his fast hands and defense. Knocked down a three....hey its a start.

Bell finally is coming out...glad to see that.

This team is coming around. Nice competitive game....GO SUNS!

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BTW, the Suns were only outrebounded by two tonight. That is definitely an improvement.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
I hope your right B Dog, but i just don't see how we can be called a championship team when we can't play ANY defense, and we can't close out game down the stretch.

The reason why... simple... we have relied on Steve Nash for too long. He has been the coach out there, not Mike D. Now teams are onto our style players have come back uninspired and we're working new elements in all over the place and Mike D has no idea of how to draw up a play.

Mike D needs to be held accountable. I'm sick of hearing all these Amare articles. I wanna see the heat come on Mike D because he is not performing!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
between the Cardinals and the Suns, all I can say is... THANK GOD FOR THE DEMOCRATS BEAT THE REPUBLICANS!

yeesh! who would have ever thought that would be the one "team" I root for that would actually win something.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
DONT PANIC!

Though game to take tonight. Some of those calls were just ridiculous.

Still the Suns played pretty well. I think the rotations are getting better. I still want to see Amare and KT on the court together more often. The only time we saw it was when Amare was in foul trouble. Suns should have a 3 man rotation up front. 2 of the three (Amare, Thomas, Diaw) should be on the floor together under normal circumstances.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:madarms:

Throw a fit why dont ya ppl??

CALM DOWN

For starters...Amare looked GREAT!! Tonight is the best I've seen him since pre-microfracture. Gives me a lot of hope...makes me care less about the Spurs loss.

Banks stepped up. That dude can STEAL it baby. I like his fast hands and defense. Knocked down a three....hey its a start.

Bell finally is coming out...glad to see that.

This team is coming around. Nice competitive game....GO SUNS!

:thumbup: Agreed, very good game to watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05