Suns trade for Beal

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swaps don't bother me too much. The Wizards are going to continue to suck, unless they get lucky in the draft somehow. At least that is what I am telling myself.

We better get a title.

Unless the Suns make a trade to recoup some draft picks, I'm going to miss the draft except for every other year when the Suns may have a 1st round pick.

I'm not a fan of how freely James Jones gives up on young talent in the draft.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors will keep Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not sure I buy this. I’m wondering if they use him now to try and deal to Lakers/Clippers to try and get a little depth. or maybe another team desperate for a PG… Philly if Harden’s gone?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would have chosen Jordan Poole over Bradley Beal because of the age factor.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am getting nervous about this trade. Is Beale as good as we think he is or is he a prima Donna ball hog on a bad team who will just look average when surrounded by real talent?
Rest assured he's a dog, cut from the same cloth as KD and Book. They will quickly learn to work together, this is gonna be fun.
So is the puppy they sent with him.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I would have chosen Jordan Poole over Bradley Beal because of the age factor.

Beal is the better player, especially considering how much of a tailspin Poole went into last year. He may not come out of it. He's still only 30 so he should have at least another good 4 or 5 years left in him, and then the contract expires.

We need every bit of talent we can get seeing as how we just gave up every last asset we had left.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Beal is the better player, especially considering how much of a tailspin Poole went into last year. He may not come out of it. He's still only 30 so he should have at least another good 4 or 5 years left in him, and then the contract expires.

We need every bit of talent we can get seeing as how we just gave up every last asset we had left.
Players figured Poole out. Beal has been in the league for 11 years dogging fools from the get go.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not a huge fan of building a team the way the Lakers do it. Now the Suns are doing it as well. It feels so mercenary.

My perception of the game has taken a hit since the trade deadline last season. I'm not sure what to make of it just yet.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of building a team the way the Lakers do it. Now the Suns are doing it as well. It feels so mercenary.

My perception of the game has taken a hit since the trade deadline last season. I'm not sure what to make of it just yet.
I'm not really either, but it is what it is. Not going to change for several years, and probably a new GM, so we had better get used to it.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I get that but after we spend a season in the trenches with them they will be family. I hope
I just don't feel bonded to this team like the bubble boys and CP3s tenure. YET
It's like a new GF you're not ready to fart in front of.

But man she's hot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really either, but it is what it is. Not going to change for several years, and probably a new GM, so we had better get used to it.

There is not really any choice but to adapt. However, I'm not sure if I like it. It's becoming almost too much like a business.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that but after we spend a season in the trenches with them they will be family. I hope
Our previous family took a massive dump in our mouths in 2022 right after completely blowing a shot at the title the previous year.

My divorce from that “family” came when they quit in a Game 7 at home, before the ball was even jumped. Waxing poetic about that team being gone ain’t in my DNA after back to back playoff collapses, one of them making us a joke, then following that the next year was mediocrity pre-trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like a new GF you're not ready to fart in front of.

But man she's hot.

Yeah, I don't know.

It feels like the Suns traded off some of the family to get there. Losing both Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson still bothers me.

Let me know how it works out when you break wind in front of your new girlfriend.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Look at it like this. What have the Suns won the last 50's years?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently we can't even buy 2nd round picks when we are over the 2nd apron, so tonight is our last chance for several years to get one.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Our previous family took a massive dump in our mouths in 2022 right after completely blowing a shot at the title the previous year.

My divorce from that “family” came when they quit in a Game 7 at home, before the ball was even jumped. Waxing poetic about that team being gone ain’t in my DNA after back to back playoff collapses, one of them making us a joke, then following that the next year was mediocrity pre-trade.
This is an extremely harsh opinion. And I 100% concur.