Suns trade for Beal

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? I hate ‘em. They’re so generic. I loved the Valley jerseys but that’s because of the design and purple/yellow and Orange in them.
I think they are cool looking. I do. Same with the Cards black ones.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really liked Beal's attitude. He seems like a legit humble dude that wants to contribute and be a good teammate. He also said something that struck me that many of his injuries were his fault for pushing himself back to early. That means he knew the team was counting on him and is extremely competitive. Sounds like he learned from that and he won't have to do that here. He has more help and if he needs to rest a nagging injury no rush to get him back.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Why? I hate ‘em. They’re so generic. I loved the Valley jerseys but that’s because of the design and purple/yellow and Orange in them.
I'm with you on that and I loath the Cardinals' black jerseys. I prefer the old-school jerseys. Probably not a popular opinion though.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm with you on that and I loath the Cardinals' black jerseys. I prefer the old-school jerseys. Probably not a popular opinion though.
Yeah, on the totally opposite end of the spectrum, I like the old school white uniforms!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo was spot on again. Ishbia confirms Isiah Thomas was not consulted on this trade despite CP3’s comment.

“I’ve asked for advice from a lot of people, specifically Tom Izzo, Isiah Thomas, Mateen Cleaves, Charlie Bell,” Ishbia said, while in Las Vegas for NBA owners meetings. “I talk to a lot of people, but honestly, on this situation, not one of those people were consulted on this decision.”

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo was spot on again. Ishbia confirms Isiah Thomas was not consulted on this trade despite CP3’s comment.

“I’ve asked for advice from a lot of people, specifically Tom Izzo, Isiah Thomas, Mateen Cleaves, Charlie Bell,” Ishbia said, while in Las Vegas for NBA owners meetings. “I talk to a lot of people, but honestly, on this situation, not one of those people were consulted on this decision.”
I mean really. If you are Iahbia, and your GM comes in and says, "I can trade CP3 and Shammet, plus some second round picks and second round pick swaps for Bradley Beal," do you really need to consult anyone?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mean really. If you are Iahbia, and your GM comes in and says, "I can trade CP3 and Shammet, plus some second round picks and second round pick swaps for Bradley Beal," do you really need to consult anyone?

Yeah, people who criticize the deal are so bizarre to me. Obviously Beal has his drawbacks with his health and having a ridiculous contract, but the deal was such a no brainer from the Suns part given the position they're in. I can understand the argument against the KD trade that locked them into this position, but the Beal trade on it's own was a homerun.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, I think the trade for Bradley Beal was pivotal towards the Suns success.

Where else can one trade a player on his way out (Paul) and a sometimes role player (Shamet) for a star.

The stars aligned on that one because the trade for Durant was made before the trade deadline last season.

How else do the Suns add a third star?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yes, I think the trade for Bradley Beal was pivotal towards the Suns success.

Where else can one trade a player on his way out (Paul) and a sometimes role player (Shamet) for a star.

The stars aligned on that one because the trade for Durant was made before the trade deadline last season.

How else do the Suns add a third star?
It definitely seems the Suns have played this out like they had a plan. Especially free agency this year. Gotta give them props on how this all was put together. They seem like they have played their hand so far to the best case scenario.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

On this one I have to say, what do you expect Ishbia to say? Even if Isiah orchestrated everything Ishbia isn't going to admit that unless forced to. He knows Isiah's involvement is not popular with anyone.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
On this one I have to say, what do you expect Ishbia to say? Even if Isiah orchestrated everything Ishbia isn't going to admit that unless forced to. He knows Isiah's involvement is not popular with anyone.
Question is, has Ishbia earned the benefit of the doubt? I don't see any reason to think he's lying about it. As far as I'm concerned, until he is proven untrustworthy, I'm good at taking him at his word.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What is the best case scenario for a new owner? That he/she is willing to spend big on your team, etc. Ishbia comes in and does just that. Immediately! I guess it shocked most of the fan base here in Phoenix that he continues to do it.
Our fan base's reaction: It's almost like, he screwed us by getting KD, now we can't do anything else. He got Beal, now we are screwed because we can't get quality players to help us. Then it was, OK, guys wanted to come here, we got lucky. We Suns fans are so beat down. We are all looking for that next bad thing to happen. It's like watching an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Sure something good just happened, but that means we are only going to get screwed! It's only been multiplied by the Dbacks and Cards struggles, too. If we were Lakers fans, after the moves we just made, we would be trolling in EVERY forum possible! LMAO. No. Here in Phoenix, we are like, but the future, the FUTURE! What if it DOESN'T work??? Can you see Celtic or Laker fans, or any other fan base wringing their hands like we do? :lol:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside the ridiculous notion Thomas orchestrated all of this l?!?

How about in this day and age it’s impossible to keep all the levels of the organization from leaking stuff? How about multiple sources said the same thing before Ishbia? How about the guy should get the benefit of doubt before assuming something unfounded?!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside the ridiculous notion Thomas orchestrated all of this l?!?

How about in this day and age it’s impossible to keep all the levels of the organization from leaking stuff? How about multiple sources said the same thing before Ishbia? How about the guy should get the benefit of doubt before assuming something unfounded?!
how about WHO CARES if the result is a steal like we got?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right, what difference does it make. Whoever is advising him, if anyone, is doing a great job.

Some of us don't want a sex pest like Isiah Thomas involved with the team in any capacity. We got rid of an owner who was a sex pest and brought one in as an advisor. It's great the owner isn't one anymore but choosing to associate and look to Isiah for advice isn't a really a big step up.

I'm not saying I won't be a fan but it does make me a little leery of Ishbia. Not only because he's good friends with IT but we've seen first hand how quickly a bad owner can sink a franchise.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of us don't want a sex pest like Isiah Thomas involved with the team in any capacity. We got rid of an owner who was a sex pest and brought one in as an advisor. It's great the owner isn't one anymore but choosing to associate and look to Isiah for advice isn't a really a big step up.

I'm not saying I won't be a fan but it does make me a little leery of Ishbia. Not only because he's good friends with IT but we've seen first hand how quickly a bad owner can sink a franchise.
He's close friends with Isiah and Tom Izzo, if he can add Jonah Hill and Jonathan Togo to his best buds list, we should be set.

Not counting the KD trade which I still think was a huge overpay, I've loved everything this front office has done, basketball-wise, since he bought the franchise. I too worry about some of the people he appears to be listening to but we'll see how it goes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know this is another thread, but I even like the moves he's making with the Mercury. They have been way underperforming for too long. He's making moves there even. Aside from seeing Sarver slap DT's A$$ on TV, I doubt he even thought of the Mercury in passing.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score

What is a sex pest?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's close friends with Isiah and Tom Izzo, if he can add Jonah Hill and Jonathan Togo to his best buds list, we should be set.
LOL. Solid Steve.
Not counting the KD trade which I still think was a huge overpay, I've loved everything this front office has done, basketball-wise, since he bought the franchise. I too worry about some of the people he appears to be listening to but we'll see how it goes.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just to clarify for the record I don’t think Isiah had anything to do with the Beal trade.

my only point was Ishiba would never tell the press if he did, and therefore I am not giving Gambo any credit for saying Isiah is not involved in any way with personell decisions because unless he is covertly following Zeek he could never know That for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22