Suns trade for Beal

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of disrespectfull in my view to throw Shamet into the thank you to CP3.

Kind of like saying, we want to thank Abraham Lincoln and Joe Schmoe for their contributions in the emancipation of the slaves.
Many teams don’t even bother except two sentences on social media for a Shamet caliber player.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Beal's and Booker's contracts end the same time. So this gives Book a weapon beyond KD. As you said we still have first round picks, will be developing guys in G League, and this year looks like we are using our Summer League as a mini G League to see if we want to sign any of these guys, plus free agency has not started and almost everyone is saying vet min guys have Phoenix listed as their first destination. We will resign some guys we had last year, too. I have no worries we will be filling out that roster. Can't wait to see what Vogel does with Toumani Camara. Guy looks legit as a defender.
Ishbia needs to buy some 2nds and draft some Euro's and stash overseas while they develop

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beal's injury risks and possible decline, his contract (length and dollars), his no trade clause and Phoenix being his destination of choice created an opportunity that won't often be repeated (if at all).
I'm not saying we would get much in return - all I'm saying is much we should be able to dump his contract a year or two early if need be.

I have a hard time believing Beal at 34 will be less valuable than CP3 at 38.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying we would get much in return - all I'm saying is much we should be able to dump his contract a year or two early if need be.

We'll see. I think this CBA will gradually alter the way teams do business. A pretty good player on a bad contract won't be as easy to move for assets as they have been in the past. And a bad player on a bad contract will likely cost you more to move than most teams will be willing to pay.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This. Beal is no longer going to be expected to be THE scorer on his team. Unlike CP3 who we were still playing as the main floor general. His role here should take a ton of wear and tear off his body. Plus, even in the new CBA expiring contracts will be valuable. Probably even more so.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We'll see. I think this CBA will gradually alter the way teams do business. A pretty good player on a bad contract won't be as easy to move for assets as they have been in the past. And a bad player on a bad contract will likely cost you more to move than most teams will be willing to pay.

So bad contracts could be somewhat almost completely purged in 5 years in theory. Teams would want to sign less max or near max guys, who tend the be the majority holders of bad contracts with the new cba. I'm just wondering if we see a shift in how players are paid relative to their output. But there will be the Ishbia's who will spend every available cent.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So bad contracts could be somewhat almost completely purged in 5 years in theory. Teams would want to sign less max or near max guys, who tend the be the majority holders of bad contracts with the new cba. I'm just wondering if we see a shift in how players are paid relative to their output. But there will be the Ishbia's who will spend every available cent.
The problem with all these sports leagues and the contract frameworks, like CBA, is the owners try and come up with ways to reign themselves in. I heard an owner describe it like that. The problem is you have alpha people who are used to winning, and no matter what they think of, they find loop holes because they all think they are smarter than the other owners. Greed always wins.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beal has a no trade clause, it’s the only reason we got him so cheap and it is also going to make it almost impossible to get any value out of it later.

If CP3 had a no trade clause he would either still be here or we’d have waived him.

Thank goodness we have some gravity here with KD and Book. Then maybe the new practice facility helped too.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gotta get him announced before Kyrie Irving.
I'd more like a question to Beal from one of the beat reporters: "So how will it feel to play with Kyrie Irving, who we just saw agreed to verbally play for the Suns on a vet minimum deal?"

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The link for the press conference on YouTube is all the way on the bottom of the Phoenix Suns Youtube page. Running late, of course.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I saw him in a game here last season and he was VERY impressive! I am very excited to see him here! At the end of the game, ironically, my family discussed what if we could get him on the Suns, LOL! I thought that was extremely hypothetical.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
"Jordan is going to surprise a lot of people. He's a nasty tenacious defender."

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22