Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get a starter level player that's willing to sit on the bench for days, weeks, maybe months with nothing but garbage minutes all the while cashing minimum checks, I'm all for it. I just don't believe it's feasible.

I don't think it takes a starter level player. Only a player that can start if necessary.

The Suns have a lot of good minimum players on their roster.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
I didn't understand team's decision to sign Bol who seemingly never will become a reliable rotation player on the championship team, nor that to sign Damion who, given Eric Gordon then and Yuta and Allen later, would definitely be redundant. As to who to cut, Ish would be the first choice due to his contract not fully guaranteed and we likely could get him back on a 2-way if desired. For midseason trading purpose, I'd keep Keon and Damion and cut Bol.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Gordon get banged up?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I found this. Eric Gordon reportedly has hip tightness and will miss the game with the Trail Blazers.

Drew Eubanks will play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns report 16,000 tickets were distributed for open practice. There was a lot of excitement from fans and players.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just want to report after the waffle house meeting that the Suns will make a couple important moves to their roster. It may be a heart breaker to some.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just want to report after the waffle house meeting that the Suns will make a couple important moves to their roster. It may be a heart breaker to some.
You must have heard wrong (or misremembered). They probably said "may be a head scratcher to some" as I can't imagine anyone here is all that invested in which of our extremely marginal end of bench players survives the cut. Sure, there's chatter on the subject but let's face it, we're starved for Suns topics to discuss and with the season so near, we're all a little anxious.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm anxiously awaiting the player cuts. Any chance the Suns pick up anyone off the waiver wire or on a two-way contract?

I know you can't say, but I haven't received any hints from Flex lately. Any tidbits would be welcome.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classy display of Suns players at Footprint Center, although the future math may not work.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“Ring of Honor” inductees Alvan Adams, Dick Van Arsdale and Westphal will have murals created by Arizona artist Carlos Jimenez at the Footprint Center.

Duane Rankin has started sharing some of the murals being done.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One of the reasons I was excited when we traded for beal was his ability to get to the line. For the last 5 seasons he’s averaged between 4.6-8.0 free throws per game. I love the fact that it gives him a way to get untracked, gives the team something when shots aren’t falling, and does a number in getting us to the bonus earlier and getting the other team in foul trouble.

With book in the 5.5-8 range and KD in the 6-7 range we should likely average more free throws per game than we have in quite awhile. And with high percentage shooters no less.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Steve Nash's mural. He has the eye of a tiger.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Steve Nash's mural. He has the eye of a tiger.

That's probably my favorite too. I posted all of them in the Stat & Marion thread. Wasn't sure where to put them. I like Al McCoy's also. They don't look finished though. They all look like they're nearing completion but need some finishing touches. The older guys need backgrounds also.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a breath of fresh air after seeing the interviews with Deandre Ayton on Monday.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except on 2 for 1's while the quarter is closing.

I was thinking the same thing. Love Devin like the son I never have but the Sun I always wanted. However that 2 for 1 pull up 3 that he takes at the end of quarters drives me nuts. He doesn't even look like he's trying to make it, just a quick heave before he has to go get in the huddle after a whistle. No squaring up, no aiming, no attempt to shake defenders.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Love Devin like the son I never have but the Sun I always wanted. However that 2 for 1 pull up 3 that he takes at the end of quarters drives me nuts. He doesn't even look like he's trying to make it, just a quick heave before he has to go get in the huddle after a whistle. No squaring up, no aiming, no attempt to shake defenders.
I don't even remember seeing that as being an issue for the past 2 years. Do you remember seeing it often recently?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05