Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to look at the Suns current standard roster, which presently stands at 13 players, before any additional moves are made.

The Suns must eventually carry 14 players on the regular roster but can carry 15 players.

Position labels are flexible. The Suns have been starting Booker, Beal and Allen along with Nurkic and Durant.

Suns Standard Roster 2-12-2024 as of 2-12-2024:

PG: Devin Booker, Grayson Allen

SG: Bradley Beal, Eric Gordon, Damion Lee

SF: Josh Okogie, Nassir Little, David Roddy

PF: Kevin Durant, Royce O'Neale, Bol Bol

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Drew Eubanks

----------------------------------------------------

Two-way contracts (3):

Saban Lee, Udoka Azubuike, Theo Maledon

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to look at the Suns current standard roster, which presently stands at 13 players, before any additional moves are made.

The Suns must eventually carry 14 players on the regular roster but can carry 15 players.

Position labels are flexible. The Suns have been starting Booker, Beal and Allen along with Nurkic and Durant.

Suns Standard Roster 2-12-2024 as of 2-12-2024:

PG: Devin Booker, Grayson Allen

SG: Bradley Beal, Eric Gordon, Damion Lee

SF: Josh Okogie, Nassir Little, David Roddy

PF: Kevin Durant, Royce O'Neale, Bol Bol

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Drew Eubanks

----------------------------------------------------

Two-way contracts (3):

Saban Lee, Udoka Azubuike, Theo Maledon
Man I forgot ALL about Maledon. LOL!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of bad defenders on that list, probably because guys like Vucevic, Luka, Straus and Markennen are being tasked with defending the other teams worst option. Holding a player like Josh Okogie to 40% shooting isn't exactly a stellar game.

The possession threshold for that list is so low that you're talking about an average of just over 1 play per game for most of those guys.
Good point, and now the list makes a little more sense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been known to eat some jelly beans, but I prefer cherry slices when it comes down to that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been known to eat some jelly beans, but I prefer cherry slices when it comes down to that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cherry slices? Where do you pick those up or do you make them yourself? Ive been on a grape kick lately but have started losing interest. About every month or two I swap out snacks and I've gone from pickles to bananas to grapes. Cherry slices sound good though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cherry slices? Where do you pick those up or do you make them yourself? Ive been on a grape kick lately but have started losing interest. About every month or two I swap out snacks and I've gone from pickles to bananas to grapes. Cherry slices sound good though.

You can buy cherry slices at Walmart and a number of other retail stores. They come in a container of about 32 ounces.

I like them better than orange slices.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
@Hoop Head

Btw, they are not real fruit, but rather a cherry flavored gel sort of like jelly beans.

You must be registered for see images attach
I was wondering what the hell he meant. I've never seen or heard of these. I was pretty sure you can't slice a real cherry, or at least to get a meaningful snack out of it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Hoop Head

Btw, they are not real fruit, but rather a cherry flavored gel sort of like jelly beans.

You must be registered for see images attach

I think I've seen orange ones as well. They look like they'd be good, better than jellybeans, but I don't think they qualify as a healthy snack though. Appreciate the info, sir.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I've seen orange ones as well. They look like they'd be good, better than jellybeans, but I don't think they qualify as a healthy snack though. Appreciate the info, sir.
I lean towards either Atkins Peanut Butter Cup or lightly salted roasted Pistachios.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I won't even get into circus peanuts.

These foods are energy (sugar) fixes and foods that I grew up with.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer to put the shell in my mouth and enjoy a bit of the mild sodium taste before I use my teeth and tongue to free the pistachio for immediate chomping. But YMMV.

I was about to go pro doing this with sunflower seeds.