Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Delon Wright off the table, Ish Smith or Robin Lopez are intriguing targets for the Suns 15th slot.

Saban Lee has a chance to take that spot as well. He is on a two-way contract.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Delon Wright off the table, Ish Smith or Robin Lopez are intriguing targets for the Suns 15th slot.

Saban Lee has a chance to take that spot as well. He is on a two-way contract.
Ish is a solid player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mat Ishbia is interviewed on Arizona Sports today. The link to the audio is below.

He talks about the trade deadline moves, the trade for Kevin Durant and his commitment to bringing a championship to Phoenix.

It's great to have an owner committed to winning.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a quote from the above interview. I'm not sure why the Durant trade was revisited when there is so much else on the table to talk about.

From Arizona Sports:

“Trading for Kevin Durant never needs any justification,” Ishbia said. “He’s one of the best players to ever play basketball. Obviously, we loved Mikal and Cam and we gave up some stuff, but it wasn’t even a close decision. It’s not close, never been close. Mikal and Cam were great players but that’s Kevin Durant. let’s make sure we all understand that.

“This guy’s a winner all around and he sets the tone with everybody else in a lot of ways. Having Kevin Durant changed the structure of this team in such a positive way. Pair him with homegrown star in Devin Booker — I think he’s one of the best players in the NBA as he stands right now at 27. It’s great to pair them together. Making the Kevin Durant trade, it wasn’t even a discussion, it wasn’t even close. Not even a thought on it. I’d do it 100 times out of 100.”

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anne Meyers Drysdale receives the 2024 Kobe and Gigi Bryant Advocacy Award.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley Beal has a procedure done on his broken nose. The Suns hope he will play against Dallas after the All-Star break on Thursday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isaiah Stewart has a court date set for February 23rd in regard to the incident involving Drew Eubanks.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The one name in there who's a bit of a surprise is DeRozan. I can't really envision him as a HOFer... although he's certain to finish up his career somewhere north of 25k points, and that just about guarantees admission to the Hall. Nevertheless, he has to be just about the most inconsequential high scorer in NBA history.