Suns vs Cavs - Bledsoe's return

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope the crowd cheers hard for Bledsoe when he checks in...he's expecting it

Eric Bledsoe has never quite checked into a game with the feeling and reception he will feel Wednesday night.

After a 10-week injury absence, Bledsoe will come off the Suns bench to return to game action Wednesday night at US Airways Center against Cleveland. Bledsoe has come back from injuries while with the Clippers and Suns but never with the weight of Wednesday night’s moment.

“I’ve got a little vision in my head of what it might be like,” Bledsoe said, breaking into a smile when he visualized the moment again.
Cavs are the worst team in the NBA at shooting the ball so if we give up 50%+ to them as well then....

Starting lineup:

C: Spencer Hawes … Miles Plumlee

PF: Tristan Thompson … Channing Frye

SF: Luol Deng … Marcus Morris

SG: Jarrett Jack … Gerald Green

PG: Kyrie Irving … Goran Dragic

This should be an easy win for us really but seeing how we have played lately, wouldn't be a huge surprise to see us battle closely in this one. Gotta be alert of Hawes being a shooter so Plumlee gotta stick to him like glue on the perimeter. Gotta be aware of Deng too.

Will be interesting to see who guards Kyrie and to see our dual PG lineup match up against the Cavs dual PG lineup (assuming Bledsoe and Dragic will be getting time together).

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Excited to see Bledsoe returning, but i'm worried how the team will adjust to him back. Hopefully they can work through it and still get a win.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns need to get a win streak going to get us back in the playoff picture.
Really excited to what Bledsoe brings tonight be fun to see Dragic and Bledsoe in the same backcourt again!!!
Go Suns!!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see if Bledsoe gives the Suns an emotional boost especially with his energy on defense.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm interested to see if Bledsoe gives the Suns an emotional boost especially with his energy on defense.
And let's see if me starting the GD thread makes a difference ;)

Jk haha :cheers:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many steps does Hawes get?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns letting Hawes of all players, beat them. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Green is so weak defensively. Its super easy to screen him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just put a guard on Hawes if need be to quit giving him the open shot. This is nonsense.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cavs are the worst offensive team in the NBA and they have 30 pts with 3 mins to go in the 1st QTR.

I would like to Hornacek yell at the team instead of just standing there smiling.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cavs are the worst offensive team in the NBA and they have 30 pts with 3 mins to go in the 1st QTR.

I would like to Hornacek yell at the team instead of just standing there smiling.

I'm tired of the Suns not playing defense. They give opposing teams everything they want on offense. Maybe Hornacek should put some heat on his defensive coach. The Suns defense is a joke right now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bledsoe looks amazing so far.

Our defense looks like **** so far.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe looks amazing so far.

Our defense looks like **** so far.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've been obsessing over the Suns deplorable defense and rebounding.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm tired of the Suns not playing defense. They give opposing teams everything they want on offense. Maybe Hornacek should put some heat on his defensive coach. The Suns defense is a joke right now.
I think Horncaek needs to yell more. He said he was going to be like Sloan/Cotton and he admitted recently that he doesn't yell that much so he can't be Sloan.

But he needs to get mad. These guys know that the coach won't get mad at them so their playing like crap with no effort.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawes pulls Plumlee to the floor, intentional IMO. And he gets the flagrant foul.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Such crap rebounding.
A few minutes ago, the Cavs missed a layup, rebounded, missed a layup, rebounded (their shortest player on the floor, I think) and made the layup.

The Suns front court is a collective WUSS.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Horncaek needs to yell more. He said he was going to be like Sloan/Cotton and he admitted recently that he doesn't yell that much so he can't be Sloan.

But he needs to get mad. These guys know that the coach won't get mad at them so their playing like crap with no effort.

Maybe Tucker has been doing more coaching as a player than I thought.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In other news, Phil Jackson has officially joined the Knicks.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ugh come on suns we can not lose this game. Somehow hope the defense plays at least somewhat respectful in the 2nd half..... I like the way bledsoe is playing needs to work on his outside shot a bit but assisting really well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have been rebounding like this and playing terrible defense like this all of 2014.

Oh, no. Not a whole year of bad defense. :D

I do think it has reached a new low over the past ten games or so.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We are shooting 53% from the FT line.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're actually contesting shots and attacking the glass this quarter. Crazy stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake