Suns vs Cavs - Bledsoe's return

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Seriously.... We have to lead the league in stepping out of bounds!!! Stupid!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If they had played like this all season we could have been talking about getting Wiggins or Embiid right now.

drk3351

Rookie
Reaction score
Looking like we will be 2 games back after both Memphis and Dallas both took care of business against bad teams, something we couldn't do.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hey look at that! Another Morris twin stepped out of bounds!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's about time Suns fans start thinking about the lottery.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the Suns were smart, they would let Minnesota pas them. We need two lottery picks. We can get a rebounding guy with one and an elite perimeter defender who has decent/average offensive skills with the other.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
This reminds me of the race for the final playoff spot a few years ago (2009?). In a decisive game against the Mavs, Phoenix was blown out and missed the postseason.

It'd be a shame after such a great season! Now there's little to show for on paper: missing the postseason and getting a very low lottery pick. I'm sure there are still positives, though. The team exceeded expectations and team chemistry certainly benefitted from being successful. So even if the Suns miss out, it wasn't a bad season. And who knows: maybe the lotto balls will final fall in Phoenix' favour.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much pressure, hopefully going on the road will help and they are a decent road team.
its going to be wild playoff run. Blazers have tough games coming up as well....The way it is shaping up...it may come down Suns/Blazers/Mavs for the 7 and 8 spot

drk3351

Rookie
Reaction score
Wait is minnys pick top 13 protected or top 14. If top 13 it only makes sense to let them pass us, if not it doesn't really matter.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much pressure, hopefully going on the road will help and they are a decent road team.
its going to be wild playoff run. Blazers have tough games coming up as well....The way it is shaping up...it may come down Suns/Blazers/Mavs for the 7 and 8 spot

If the Cavaliers are too much pressure, what's going to happen next.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait is minnys pick top 13 protected or top 14. If top 13 it only makes sense to let them pass us, if not it doesn't really matter.

I believe top 13 protected.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
So much for the thought that Bledsoe's return will rejuvenate the Suns. He tried his best, but the whole rest of the team was sluggish. From the free throw line. From the 3-point line.

The rest of the schedule says that the Suns are not going to make the playoffs. At least let the Suns go down with performances they can be proud of.

Not tonight!

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So much for the thought that Bledsoe's return will rejuvenate the Suns. He tried his best, but the whole rest of the team was sluggish. From the free throw line. From the 3-point line.

The rest of the schedule says that the Suns are not going to make the playoffs. At least let the Suns go down with performances they can be proud of.

Not tonight!

Really? After one game? If you asked for a show of hands of all the fans that thought Eric would come back and change our fortunes overnight I seriously doubt any one would have their arms raised? He has to get his legs and timing back and the rest of the team once again has to acclimate to his style and vice versa. I was actually expecting him to be more of a liability tonight than an asset.

You're right about the playoffs, that boat probably sailed more than a month ago. That six week stretch after Eric's injury we faced an incredibly easy schedule and we were barely .500 against it. That sealed our doom. We still have a chance but we'd have to play at a higher level than we've played for any stretch this season and that's not likely. Still, I'd rather see us fight for that last spot and miss out than roll over and play dead. I'm not talking about losing for a draft slot, just saying that I want to see the kind of effort from these guys that we saw in November and December.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cavaliers are too much pressure, what's going to happen next.

What does that even mean?? They could be playing any team, being a young team. The expectations to get back into playoff seeding, this being a huge game (irrespective of team). Like it or not... The Suns are an overachieving, young, inexperience team!

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Green, more than anyone, killed us tonight. He did the same thing the last time Bledsoe returned to the lineup. IIRC, he disappeared for 3 or 4 games before he went back to giving us double digit points routinely. I hope this time he got it out of his system in one night. Jeff has stated that he'll still get his minutes so I dont know why Eric's return would bother him but it looks like it does.

Green, Eric and Goran combined for 3 of 18 from the 3 point line. Hard to win shooting like that.

Bledsoe was a +2, every other Sun fell to the minus side tonight.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Frye has to go in the offseason if he opts out.

He has been absolute killing us since the allstar break. I can't remember 1 good game from him since.

Frye, Christmas, Randolph, Barbosa and maybe Tucker and Ish depending on demands.. We need roster space for our first round picks and free agents.

On the bright side Minnesota is only 3 losses behind us and 7-3 over their last 10 games. If they overtake us in the standings we are very very very likely to get at least #13 Suns, #14 TWolves, #17 Wizards and #28 Indiana.

Last edited:

marios13

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't think the fat lady has sung and Elvis is has not left yet, but yes soon not even in theory ... if they continue like this.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Really? After one game? If you asked for a show of hands of all the fans that thought Eric would come back and change our fortunes overnight I seriously doubt any one would have their arms raised? He has to get his legs and timing back and the rest of the team once again has to acclimate to his style and vice versa. I was actually expecting him to be more of a liability tonight than an asset.

You're right about the playoffs, that boat probably sailed more than a month ago. That six week stretch after Eric's injury we faced an incredibly easy schedule and we were barely .500 against it. That sealed our doom. We still have a chance but we'd have to play at a higher level than we've played for any stretch this season and that's not likely. Still, I'd rather see us fight for that last spot and miss out than roll over and play dead. I'm not talking about losing for a draft slot, just saying that I want to see the kind of effort from these guys that we saw in November and December.

I expected Bledsoe to be liability, as well. Thought he played well. I'd also like to see effort and the same exciting Suns Team they've been this year regardless of Playoff birth or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake