Suns VS Lakers : Game 2

baltimorer

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Remember when we had that discussion about how Knicks/New York fans would probably think that Lamar Odom was better than Shawn Marion, and then we found out that New York fans actually do not think this?

Well, it looks like New York fans are idiots, and the media just isn't doing a good enough job of covering the Lakers. Lamar Odom can create his own shot, Marion can't; Odom can make his own shot after he creates it; Marion cannot; Odom is a decent basketball player in his own right; Marion is the person that Steve Nash can pass to when the other team doesn't play defense.

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
Its official, Marion is not built for the playoffs, and Barbosa can hit the road with his offense killing bad shots. Barbosa has 1 good game out of 5 and evryone wants to call him the 2nd coming. I would trade him and a 1st in a second for Ridnour if it could be done.:mad:

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel Nash's defense "mind" isn't that bad. He was courageous enough to stand in front of Kobe. It was a close call. Too bad the loss ball got to Lamar.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirStefan32 said:
********!!!!!!!!!! That was a freaking charge

no way dude - Nash just got sh*t on - it happens. To call a charge there would have been ridiculous.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Terrible call on the charge, but if we lose, it is more than one play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shawn Marion freaking sucks - period - period.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
That's Tim Thomas confession for you. Now we don't get any questionable calls in clutch time because we played "dirty" and got away with it. Good job.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I said more than one play cost us the game. Kwame running over raja may have been that play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll say it once, I'll say it again - no NBA team will EVER win a title with Shawn Marion as a key member of it.

In the playoffs the guy is as soft as the tissue paper I used for my colonscopy prep last night and worth just as much (in the playoffs, that is)>

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
The next time Marion ******* about no respect, he needs to check him self and look at this game and the SA series last year, dude forces bad shots instead of using his leaping ability to get better shots.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh - why do I feel like we're going out in 6 games in this series? We have played like crap, Marion AIN'T gonna show up and the Lakers have pretty much controlled both games, save the first quarter of game one and Kobe hasn't even gone Kobe on us.

If we don't win on Friday, we could be done in 5.

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
To top it off ******** Sarver brings helmet head Lute from Rat U. to the game! Was Lute brought in to show Sarver how to lose to lower seeded teams?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Man, why are the refs letting things get so damned physical? I was watching this game all night at a sports bar in St Louis, and you know the refs are bad when neutral fans w/ no bias are freaking out at the calls.

A few of the bad ones were:

Raja getting run over at the end
Nash was CHARGED by Bryant on that dunk
There were two plays early where Walton was cutting to the basket and no more than breathed on by a Suns player and he was "fouled".

These are just off the top of my head. Now Im not one to ever blame the refs,the Suns played like ass. But ********, that officiating was so damn lose.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
Bell and Nash showed up today. Diaw did better in 2nd half.

The rest are.....

What was Barbosa doing? 0-5? Missed two wide open 3pt. If he can't bring offense, i don't know what else he can do.

House was... non-factor.

Tim Thomas had some moments.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
Man, why are the refs letting things get so damned physical? I was watching this game all night at a sports bar in St Louis, and you know the refs are bad when neutral fans w/ no bias are freaking out at the calls.

A few of the bad ones were:

Raja getting run over at the end
Nash was CHARGED by Bryant on that dunk
There were two plays early where Walton was cutting to the basket and no more than breathed on by a Suns player and he was "fouled".

These are just off the top of my head. Now Im not one to ever blame the refs,the Suns played like ass. But ********, that officiating was so damn lose.

come on man - don't go Laker fan on us and bitch about the refs. We got beat plain and simple today, just like the Lakers got beat (even though we had 35 FTs, which is DOUBLE what we usually have and that brutal no-call against TT).

And when a player dunks on your head and rises over and jams on your face, it ain't a charge - come on.

mribnik

Reaction score
The Lakers played a great game, gotta give them that.

I think the Suns will be fired up for game 3 and come out with a win. I can't see us losing 2 in a row to the Lakers. I think this Series will play out like the series against the Mavericks last year.

Go Suns!

Hopefully they'll take their heads out of their asses for the first half of the next game.

Oh, and I didn't like the officiating in the first half against either team. A lot of ticky tack fouls should have been no-calls IMO, especially in the playoffs. I think we had like 3 straight possessions with an offensive foul. Luke Walton had 4 early fouls for crying out loud.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
just do it said:
To top it off ******** Sarver brings helmet head Lute from Rat U. to the game! Was Lute brought in to show Sarver how to lose to lower seeded teams?

:rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05