Suns vs Lakers Saturday May 6, 2006 game thread

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Suns are playing well. They need to come out aggressive in the 3rd and open up a 20 point lead by the 4th

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I thought that was for Chris Mihm, a different stiff.

You may be right, I get confused by the stupid moves by the Lakers. I know they traded at least 1 No.1 for him but I think there was a 2nd No.1 pick involved as well.

The one we got may be from the Mihm trade. Either way we get a 1st rounder from theirs and the Hawks' stupidity

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
You may be right, I get confused by the stupid moves by the Lakers. I know they traded at least 1 No.1 for him but I think there was a 2nd No.1 pick involved as well.

The one we got may be from the Mihm trade. Either way we get a 1st rounder from theirs and the Hawks' stupidity

I thought they traded Butler and something for him?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

After a little reasearch, it was Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins they gave up for Kwame.

Lakers fans are really missing Jerry West about now.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
After a little reasearch, it was Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins they gave up for Kwame.

Lakers fans are really missing Jerry West about now.

I just can't keep up with trades in this league anymore. Well I feel like an idiot. I swore that they gave up a draft pick for him.

Anyways we still gain from the Lakers stupidity and yes they miss West badly.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

This was it. And it was extremely well worth it.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I love watching the Lakers getting their azz handed to them.

:fans:

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ironically, the guy probably playing worst on our team right now (outside of house) is nash. If he could of just hit some of those shots, when the lakers go under on the screen/help elsewhere, this could be a 30 pt game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
We're officially at the point-a-minute margin: 20-point lead with 18 minutes to play.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Just gotta keep it at at least 20 going into the 4th. That way Kobe has to think he has to do it all himself.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly, they are handing most of it to themselves. What a disgusting shooting percentage. 36%.

I could hand them their ass when they shoot like that.

HooverDam

Reaction score
we need to sit nash. He's babying that ankle, looks slow, his shot is flat. we're up by 20, bring in LB!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jlove said:
Just gotta keep it at at least 20 going into the 4th. That way Kobe has to think he has to do it all himself.

Are you watching the game? It's pretty clear he's going to have to try.

RichDawg

Reaction score
I'd like the lead to remain at least 20 by the start of the 4th qtr, so we can give some rest to our starters. That would be beneficial, considering the quick turnaround into the Clippers series.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
RichDawg said:
I'd like the lead to remain at least 20 by the start of the 4th qtr, so we can give some rest to our starters. That would be beneficial, considering the quick turnaround into the Clippers series.

I've seen too many crazy things with kobe, and too many blown leads this season, the last thing i'm thinking about right now is the clippers.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
RichDawg said:

Come on. Get the brooms out for the Clippers.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
hsandhu said:
I've seen too many crazy things with kobe, and too many blown leads this season, the last thing i'm thinking about right now is the clippers.

exactly. Keep the starters in. If we try to give the starters rest, we'll end up letting the Lakers back in it. Keep up the pressure. Blow these MF's out.