Suns vs Lakers Saturday May 6, 2006 game thread

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I think the point I made yesterday that the key to the Suns winning is due to the play of their offense and not Kobe Bryant shot selection is being proved tonight.

Combination of both ... you must have missed some of his wonderful shots that lead to Suns layups in the 2nd qtr. His favorite shot that qtr was a fadeaway 3 pointer

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bad news out of last two games, the number that it'll take to extend barbosa is growing. :D

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Can we play another quarter today?? Please?

I love humiliating Lakers and Kobe...

:D

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
3 shots in the 2nd half? Kobe is taking the opportunity to prove a point by not shooting, to the detreminant of his team.

RichDawg

Reaction score
I just heard that in addition to Suns Jerseys, the Team Shop will carry replicas of Robert Sarver's orange shirt.

Just kidding.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
hafey said:
3 shots in the 2nd half? Kobe is taking the opportunity to prove a point by not shooting, to the detreminant of his team.

Exactly!

What a Punk.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O said:
I'm seriously beginning to think Kobe is intentionally not shooting to prove some kind of weird point to Jackson.

What a punk!

Of course you'd think that.

Perhaps he is trying to let his teammates get some confidence and experience in this kind of game since he knew it was over.

But yeah, he's trying to prove a point. Whatever.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They trapped kobe on the double everytime, not allowing him to shoot.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Everyone on Suns have scored in double figures except House who hasn't scored.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

Perhaps he is trying to let his teammates get some confidence and experience in this kind of game since he knew it was over.

He knew it was over at halftime? He brought back the Lakers against the Mavs down by 27 points to start the 4th just a few years ago. Sorry, your homerism for the not so golden boy is seeping

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kobe is pouting like a little baby..... I'm loving this

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
He knew it was over at halftime? He brought back the Lakers against the Mavs down by 27 points to start the 4th just a few years ago. Sorry, your homerism for the not so golden boy is seeping

This point proving stuff is one of the lamest arguments on the planet. Kobe is the most damned if you do, damned if you don't person in the game

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

Oh come on man, you know better then that. When things don't Kobe's way or he gets criticised, he pouts and has a hissy fit.

For example earlier in the year, he was criticised by Phil Jackson on shot selection and the next game he shot it 13 times. In his post game press conference after a loss he almost seemed proud