Suns Vs Lakers

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Poorly played game early by the Suns.

Awesome, awesome win. :thumbup:

I love the fight and energy of this team.
Amare for MVP.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AMARE IS A BEAST!

Great win - AMARE IS A BEAST - I can't believe how good he is already - it's scary because he's just going to get better and betteR and bettER and betTER and beTTER and bETTER and BETTER!!!!!!!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone keeps harping on Casey in other threads--he wasn't spectacular, but he played a solid game all around tonight--he was very good after Q fouled out tonight--drawing that phantom foul was probably the first time that's ever happened to him in the NBA! :D

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
This is the type of game the Suns always used to fall short in. The fact that they pulled this one out speaks volumes of how good this team is now, and they're only gonna get better as the season goes on!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
green machine said:
This is the type of game the Suns always used to fall short in. The fact that they pulled this one out speaks volumes of how good this team is now, and they're only gonna get better as the season goes on!

I love Amare Stoudemire, but there are 2 words for why we won this game rather than give it away in the end:

STEVE NASH

'nuff said.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Steve Nash without a doubt pulled this win together for the suns.

I have not looked at the stats yet, but Nash, Amare, JJ, Marion, & CJ had excellent games!!

:thumbup:

wilkinshui

Reaction score
i knew Q is guarding KB in several occasions, how did he looks, i hope he looks really good in defensive end because he has been really off offensively

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the fact that Kobe was wagging his finger and acting all cocky like always and we still beat them.

Wagging your single finger...that is the message for you Kome...you can't do it alone.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I had the time of my life at the game. There was a buzz from the beginning I hadn't felt in years. Just great! Everyone was siked for it from teh get go.

WAY TO GO SUNS

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I love Amare Stoudemire, but there are 2 words for why we won this game rather than give it away in the end:

STEVE NASH

'nuff said.

I agree Nash was the guy that made it happen and ran the show. However, he can't do it without the contribution from the man in the middle.
Amare is starting to break down defenses with his presense.

Nash was just nails tonight, he really held the team together.

AZZenny

Reaction score
That game was a blast! Reminded me of when basketball was fun to watch. I was totally impressed by Amare, and then Nash just did things I don't recall ever seeing done! He and Marion really were in synch. Watching Amare, Majerle at one point very spontaneously said, "That is... greatness." :D

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Poorly played game early by the Suns.

Awesome, awesome win. :thumbup:

I love the fight and energy of this team.
Amare for MVP.

Didn't think they played poorly at all early on, there shots just weren't falling...what can you do?

Mike

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Didn't think they played poorly at all early on, there shots just weren't falling...what can you do?

Mike

Too many outside shots to start the game. Not boxing out and allowing too many rebounds. That's all.

Great game overall however.

They really settled down and came back in the second qtr.

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Mike

For one thing, stop shooting 3's and take the ball inside. Amare tried to do this a few times and didn't get the call and then they went away from it and started bombing 3's. Also, it was Q & Marion missing most of the shots so let someone else shoot the ball (marion was 2-10 in the 1st half and Q was 1-7 for the game).

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
That game was more fun to watch than any basketball game I've seen in a long time. When Nash threw that rediculous pass to Marion for the dunk with 15-or-so seconds left, that building sounded like it exploded! Unbelievable performance by Amare, Nash, and Marion. Kobe was freaking money in the second half, but Nash would not let that team lose - great win!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yuta is happy
You must be registered for see images

Amare flying in for the DUNK

Amare takes Grant to the bucket

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
My Dad said this reminded him of the Suns-Lakers games of the late 1980s, up and down the court with talented players making plays. I noticed a few things. First, all those who said they were happy that Kobe is not a Sun need to re-examine their basketball IQ. Put Kobe and Amare on the same team for the next decade and there's no way they wouldn't win three or four championships. Second, the Lakers are not as dead in the water as some on this board make them out to be. They won't win a championship this year, but they still have arguably the best player in the game and I expect the Suns and Lakers to duel it out for the division all year. Lastly, this small ball configuration is still worrying. If Shawn Marion has to face these Western Conference PFs every night they're going to have to wheel him out there next spring. Good win though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
My Dad said this reminded him of the Suns-Lakers games of the late 1980s, up and down the court with talented players making plays. I noticed a few things. First, all those who said they were happy that Kobe is not a Sun need to re-examine their basketball IQ. Put Kobe and Amare on the same team for the next decade and there's no way they wouldn't win three or four championships. Second, the Lakers are not as dead in the water as some on this board make them out to be. They won't win a championship this year, but they still have arguably the best player in the game and I expect the Suns and Lakers to duel it out for the division all year. Lastly, this small ball configuration is still worrying. If Shawn Marion has to face these Western Conference PFs every night they're going to have to wheel him out there next spring. Good win though.

totally agree - my last comment in the chat was that the Suns-Lakers are gonna have their first TRUE RIVALRY ever in the coming years - one team has always dominated the other - but I see us going at each other, nip and tuck for the next five years.

I gotta say - Nash has been MUCH better than I ever thought he'd be and Amare is already where I thought he'd be two years from now.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Slin, man, I feel sorry for you for all of the crap that you take at the other board. I'll think I'll register there and try to help you out sometimes. ;)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
totally agree - my last comment in the chat was that the Suns-Lakers are gonna have their first TRUE RIVALRY ever in the coming years - one team has always dominated the other - but I see us going at each other, nip and tuck for the next five years.

Exactly. Neither team is on San Antonio's level yet (yes, I am already handing them the Western Conference) but they're both a piece or two away from being in that level. Suns get a big to take the pressure off of Amare and the Lakers get a PG and these two could duke it out for conference supremacy for years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Exactly. Neither team is on San Antonio's level yet (yes, I am already handing them the Western Conference) but they're both a piece or two away from being in that level. Suns get a big to take the pressure off of Amare and the Lakers get a PG and these two could duke it out for conference supremacy for years.

I don't think PG is as big of concern for the Lakers as is a Horace Grant/P.J. Brown type player.

San Antonio is just loaded though. As much as I want to hate Manu - that guy is just an absolute stud - money player.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I completely disagree. The Lakers are a pure jump shooting team, as witnessed by their pathetic points in the paint. On some nights...jump shots will keep you in the game like tonight...but I believe their will hover right around .500 all season and miss the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Sorry I completely disagree. The Lakers are a pure jump shooting team, as witnessed by their pathetic points in the paint. On some nights...jump shots will keep you in the game like tonight...but I believe their will hover right around .500 all season and miss the playoffs.

I think you'll be surprised at how much of a difference Vlade is going to make. And to say the Lakers are purely a jump shooting team is pretty false - they were killing us early posting up Odom and will be able to over most teams for the duration - same with Kobe. They lost tonight because Amare was a monster and Kobe turned into Selfish boy at the end (I hope that continues) but I can tell you - having to watch the Lakers every night - they aren't far away Chris and to discount them already is coutning your chickens a little too early - but I hope you're right I hate the freaking Lakers and the last thing I want is to be stuck in LA and have them be better than the Suns EVEN WITHOUT SHAQ!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had 22 points in the paint in the 4th quarter...compared to our 42.

They remind me of the Suns circa Tom Gugliotta days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05