Suns vs Pistons Nov.16

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
This is our best win of the young season, here me out:

Detroit is a top 3 team in the East and they had our number last season.

Shaq was extremely dominating every chance he got.

They all played good collective defense.

They kept that intensity Shaq brought and won the game.

GREAT WIN.

....Steve had a freakin' block.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great win. We did a lot of things right tonight, playing without Barnes, Barbs and Shaq in the second half.

One point about minutes management though, Porter does not tend to take Nash out of games at the same predetermined time. As a result, Nash played 37 minutes tonight. Hill with 36. We'll see how that will affect them tomorrow night.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
Don't hate on Raja, he had his mind on the other side of the ball.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robin Lopez looked like a legit NBA player tonight. I thought Porter should have played him more after Shaq's ejection..

cly2tw

Reaction score
Robin Lopez looked like a legit NBA player tonight. I thought Porter should have played him more after Shaq's ejection..

I think Admonson complements Amare better at times for his hustle and grittiness on defense. Amare is a bit timid himself and Robin often too slow to cover his ass.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
Amundson earned every second he played tonight. Both guys stepped up when the big man went out.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't hate on Raja, he had his mind on the other side of the ball.

agreed, he did his job defensively.

i was at the game tonight.

and yes bell was trying to lock down on D. give him some credit, i think he only score 5pts, but his effort was on the the defensive side tonight.

lopez though...i dont know about that kid. i'm not sold on him yet. he is a big and long body. but i dont think he realizes that he's in the nba yet. he's got to box out, put his body on someone. it seems like he thinks he can just rely on his height to get rebounds.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a flag 1 not 2...he didn't intentially hurt the guy....Shaq has a right to be pissed, if we lose, its on the refs.

OMFG!!!!! That was not a flagrant 2. Shaq tossed and probably suspended.

And people laugh when we bitch about the officiating.....

shaq shouldn't have picked up a flagrant of any kind. it was totally unnecessary. i blame him, not the refs.

He was clearly going for the ball. He misjudged the flight and hit him in the wrist and because of his strength, he goes to the ground.....horrendous call

yes a very bad call. seeing it in real time in person, 7rows up on the same side that the play happened...

was a bad call. he went up, thought he had an open lay-up/dunk. shaq simply went for a block. the fall made it look worse than it turned out to be.

we got the win though, the nba of course will review the play and judge accordingly(lol).

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
singletary looked good for the few minutes he played.
definitely looks more nba ready than dragic. and he penetrated the paint and made his only attempt(i believe) which was a 3pt.

singletary > dragic

its actually kind of sad to see the suns future pg as dragic atm. he's a rookie yes, but i see a deer caught in the headlights for now. hopefully that changes.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wow what a great weekend the suns win vs the pistons in a blow out with amare coming back in a huge game, and the cardinals beat the seahawks to go to 7-3 can't ask for much more than that :). GJ SUNS

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was a very impressive win. i'll back off the "blow the whole thing up" thing for a while.

Lou's my new favorite Sun.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Does anyone think the NBA will reduce Shaq's F2 to an F1 after they see Stuckey flopping on the floor like a hooked marlin? That was a disgusting display. Stuckey hits the floor and then flops like he's trying to do the worm. Cheap.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Shaq is EFFin unstoppable my friends :) The only one who can stop him is himself as he proved last night! What a player. Seriously I never thought he was this good. The Suns at 8-3, still working out the kinks, pretty impressive. We could have beat Houston if we played with this intensity the whole game.

One point: Raja Bell, this guy is pretty bad.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
its actually kind of sad to see the suns future pg as dragic atm. he's a rookie yes, but i see a deer caught in the headlights for now. hopefully that changes.

let him get used to it i guess, i like Dragic and Singletary. Singletary has a lot more confidence. When I saw him pull up for the three I had a feeling it would go in. He has that positive feeling about him that he will do something good with the ball. Diaw is scarier, he passes up easy shots and throws it away. Man when Diaw posts up, he is unstoppable. The Suns clearly became an inside-outside team last night. That's what we need to do. Establish the inside, keep going to the big fellas we'll be unstoppable.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Lou reminds me of Bo Outlaw but better offensively. That block on Prince was awesome. I was surprised how well Lou moves his feet on defense. What a nice pickup by Kerr.

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
Does anyone think the NBA will reduce Shaq's F2 to an F1 after they see Stuckey flopping on the floor like a hooked marlin? That was a disgusting display. Stuckey hits the floor and then flops like he's trying to do the worm. Cheap.

flop or not, that has got to hurt

what i find unfair is that when shaq gets fouled hard, he's really fouled hard and only a handful of them gets called for a flagrant. when it comes to shaq doing much less, he gets much more. just by mere standing flat on the ground, stuckey would still fall hard (this time on his back). i guess there's not a big difference between a flagrant foul and a 300lbs foul...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
flop or not, that has got to hurt

what i find unfair is that when shaq gets fouled hard, he's really fouled hard and only a handful of them gets called for a flagrant. when it comes to shaq doing much less, he gets much more. just by mere standing flat on the ground, stuckey would still fall hard (this time on his back). i guess there's not a big difference between a flagrant foul and a 300lbs foul...
yes. i did see a couple big hacks taken at shaq when people were swiping for the ball, no fouls called against the pistons though.