Suns wanted KG but Wolves did not want Amare!

4 Rings

Reaction score
It is hard to believe that Kevin McHale is that big of an idiot that he would chose Jefferson over Amare.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...t.trade/1.html

The Phoenix Suns, meanwhile, viewed Garnett as the finishing piece in their mission to win a championship next season. While it has been widely reported that the Suns refused to trade Amaré Stoudemire, it is my understanding that they would have considered moving him to Minnesota in hope that Garnett would have solidified their team defense and overall intensity in matchups against the champion San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks, who are expected to return to contention next season.

If you were to poll NBA executives whether they would prefer the 24-year-old Stoudemire or the 22-year-old Jefferson, the overwhelming majority would go for Stoudemire, a two-time All-Star and potential MVP who is the superior athlete. Yet the word around the league was that Minnesota VP Kevin McHale rejected the possibility of trading for Stoudemire and preferred instead to acquire the less-renowned Jefferson, who provides low-post scoring while serving as a low-maintenance player in the locker room. It speaks to McHale's integrity that he is doing what he clearly believes is in the best interests of his franchise even though he will surely be criticized for choosing Jefferson over Stoudemire in a trade involving Garnett.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Yes, hard to believe.

Time for you to go home, "3 Rings".

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Not sure why there's so much hate on this thread. 4 Rings hasn't been trollish and none of his posts have been inflammatory. I think we can all take the xenophobia down a notch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why there's so much hate on this thread. 4 Rings hasn't been trollish and none of his posts have been inflammatory. I think we can all take the xenophobia down a notch.

seriously - all he did was call McHale an idiot if he choose Jefferson over Amare, which is pretty much the same thing we'd all say.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It speaks to McHale's integrity that he is doing what he clearly believes is in the best interests of his franchise even though he will surely be criticized for choosing Jefferson over Stoudemire in a trade involving Garnett.
Actually it speaks poorly of McHale's integrity that he chose the best interests of the franchise he was a part of during his playing career over than the one he's running in his home state. Even the most incompetent GM's in the NBA would not take Jefferson over Amare without an agenda.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did anybody read the SI post? Besides the stuipid comments about Amare being offered, he also wrote:

If you were to poll NBA executives whether they would prefer the 24-year-old Stoudemire or the 22-year-old Jefferson, the overwhelming majority would go for Stoudemire, a two-time All-Star and potential MVP who is the superior athlete.

What this sounds like to me is that McHale has been blowing smoke. He couldn't get Amare so of course he preferred Jefferson all along. The fact that he never had a chance of getting Amare makes this spin sound pretty stupid.

Yet the word around the league was that Minnesota VP Kevin McHale rejected the possibility of trading for Stoudemire and preferred instead to acquire the less-renowned Jefferson, who provides low-post scoring while serving as a low-maintenance player in the locker room. It speaks to McHale's integrity that he is doing what he clearly believes is in the best interests of his franchise even though he will surely be criticized for choosing Jefferson over Stoudemire in a trade involving Garnett.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What this sounds like to me is that McHale has been blowing smoke. He couldn't get Amare so of course he preferred Jefferson all along. The fact that he never had a chance of getting Amare makes this spin sound pretty stupid.

that's exactly what I think is going on.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
i'd take "3 rings" over "0 Rings". Hell, I'd even take a "1* ring" over "0 Rings".
Why aren't you a Lakers fan, again? :confused:

This article is Ian Thompson saying, 'I've heard conflicting reports, but I believe the Suns offered Amare because that's what I'd do'.

Needless to say, if it's not McCallum, you won't be getting any Suns scoops from SI.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 rings has been a fine opposing team fan. No need to chase him away.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
insinuating that I should be a Laker fan is about as low as you can get with me because everything else said to me is probably true!

We should have a poll to determine which team it is the most insulting to be accused of. My first suggestion would be the Hawks although the Clips would be right up there.

When it comes to obnoxious fans, I'd say there is a three way tie between the Spurs, Mavs, and Laker fans; although we have more civilized Laker fans come by than the other two.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
It is hard to believe that Kevin McHale is that big of an idiot that he would chose Jefferson over Amare.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...t.trade/1.html

The Phoenix Suns, meanwhile, viewed Garnett as the finishing piece in their mission to win a championship next season. While it has been widely reported that the Suns refused to trade Amaré Stoudemire, it is my understanding that they would have considered moving him to Minnesota in hope that Garnett would have solidified their team defense and overall intensity in matchups against the champion San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks, who are expected to return to contention next season.

If you were to poll NBA executives whether they would prefer the 24-year-old Stoudemire or the 22-year-old Jefferson, the overwhelming majority would go for Stoudemire, a two-time All-Star and potential MVP who is the superior athlete. Yet the word around the league was that Minnesota VP Kevin McHale rejected the possibility of trading for Stoudemire and preferred instead to acquire the less-renowned Jefferson, who provides low-post scoring while serving as a low-maintenance player in the locker room. It speaks to McHale's integrity that he is doing what he clearly believes is in the best interests of his franchise even though he will surely be criticized for choosing Jefferson over Stoudemire in a trade involving Garnett.

I am almost positive McHale is a member of this board.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should have a poll to determine which team it is the most insulting to be accused of. My first suggestion would be the Hawks although the Clips would be right up there.

When it comes to obnoxious fans, I'd say there is a three way tie between the Spurs, Mavs, and Laker fans; although we have more civilized Laker fans come by than the other two.

if you lived in LA, there wouldn't even be a question.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05