Team pushing hard for E. James signing before he leaves town

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
If he leaves unsigned, he won't be a Cardinal....

It certainly stretches the odds but him leaving will not mean he definitely will not be a Cardinal.

seesred

Reaction score
It's interesting to read the posts and think of the perseptions about the Cards. One says I hope they don't over pay(cheap Bidwill). The other says that there are only two other teams and one is very close to a ring! Times they are a changing. Now if we signed this kid the rest of the Arizona- Non I hate the Bidwill fans won't know what to say..Ecxept..How much were those ticket s I always said they would be good one day..

GBR

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I was Edge, I wouldn't sign before I saw what they were going to do to improve the OL. It looks like their great savior Kosier will not come here.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
It certainly stretches the odds but him leaving will not mean he definitely will not be a Cardinal.

Nobody's asserting a guarantee, but what I said is how I feel. If he leaves unsigned, I'd be willing to bet money that he wouldn't be a Card after that....

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
My prediction is Edge will leave town without a deal done. I am not saying he will not end up as a Cardinal but he will not be signed today.

His trip doesn't end today, it will stretch into tomorrow whether he signs here or not. I'm just hoping we do what was reported yesterday where we offer a deal and will pull it off the table if he leaves.

Of course if there is the mutual interest that was reported weeks ago between the 2 parties (by Jude LaCava) then this is just a matter of time

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
Nobody's asserting a guarantee, but what I said is how I feel. If he leaves unsigned, I'd be willing to bet money that he wouldn't be a Card after that....

Oh I hear what you are saying. I just think he would be wise to test all his possibilities and if he is leaning towards AZ, he should see what they are going to do to shore up the OL beyond a new coach.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Mrh182 said:
I don't know which radio station he was listening to, but my pops just called me and told me that Edge called Indy and cancelled a meeting with them. Take it for what it's worth...

Uh oh, maybe just maybe we sign him!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
If I was Edge, I wouldn't sign before I saw what they were going to do to improve the OL. It looks like their great savior Kosier will not come here.

Milford Brown is still due to come in for an interview. Other than that there aren't many free agent OL worth much available this year. IMO we're going to get a more talented OL in the draft than we'll sign in FA.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Mrh182 said:
I don't know which radio station he was listening to, but my pops just called me and told me that Edge called Indy and cancelled a meeting with them. Take it for what it's worth...

Interesting, very interesting

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just think he would be wise to test all his possibilities
The problem with a "take it or leave it" scenario (and its objective of discouraging the player from using the terms of the deal to "shop around") is that it leaves one giant escape hole big enough to drive a truck thru.

Although he wouldn't be able to whipsaw the Cardinals (who would presumably take the offer off the table were he to leave), he and Rosenhaus could use the offer as a measuring stick and then use it to....er....uh...shop around.

The only player no longer in that game would turn out to be....er.....uh......

Us.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
This is unverified:

Fox Sports Radio is reporting we will sign Edge to a 5 year deal with 10 mil up front.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Redsz said:
This is unverified:

Fox Sports Radio is reporting we will sign Edge to a 5 year deal with 10 mil up front.

That would be very nice.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redsz said:
This is unverified:

:fans:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
I just think he would be wise to test all his possibilities
The problem with a "take it or leave it" scenario (and its objective of discouraging the player from using the terms of the deal to "shop around") is that it leaves one giant escape hole big enough to drive a truck thru.

Although he wouldn't be able to whipsaw the Cardinals (who would presumably take the offer off the table were he to leave), he and Rosenhaus could use the offer as a measuring stick and then use it to....er....uh...shop around.

The only player no longer in that game would turn out to be....er.....uh......

Us.

I understand the devils advocate approach but the Cardinals have been used so many times you cant play scared, at some point you have to man up and go for it....Make a stand and go for what you want for once, the other appraoch has failed miserably many times too think things are that much different perception wise at this point is naive at best.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow I hope fox sports radio is right i'm almost doing back flips all across the room!!!! :) time to go browse some colts forum messageboards to find some more info

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
This place is gonna blow up like Hiroshima if this goes down....

The Cards had better shore up the OL though because Edge may not get 1000 yards behind last years players.

Still, though, this would be a good signing.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Redsz said:
This is unverified:

Doesn't Jay Glazer, who first reported the Edge trip to the desert, work for Fox Sports Radio? This may be the real deal :thumbup:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
If we get James, I'd trade Arrington/#10 to move into the top 5 to get V. Davis. We can get a change-of-pace scatback later in the draft or in FA....

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
The Cards had better shore up the OL though because Edge may not get 1000 yards behind last years players.

Still, though, this would be a good signing.

If he doesn't get at least 1000, even the most uninformed fan who only watches the QB and RB 99% of the time would see the problem.

CardsFan222

Rookie
Reaction score
:eek: I dont know what to say

I knew being a Cards fan all these years would pay off

Please get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!