The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
especially after a loss. Had they won, we would be hearing about how you can't wait or sleep...right???:)

No, not really. I've been really busy with meetings today, so it went by fast. Still, no basketball tonight made it boring. Three days is too many.

If we'd have won, I'd have been excited. However, we lost a winnable game on the road, so I'm just waiting to see how we come out for Game 2. Don't really have a feel for the series yet, so I'm neither up nor down. If we'd have won, I'd have been happy, but expecting a loss to go home 1-1. I actually have more excitement for this game after a loss than I would have for a win.

I will be nervous as hell come 4 oclock tomorrow though...super excited.

Overall though...long off days are boring. Three days between games is too long. The sting/euphoria of the previous game wears off.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
No, not really. I've been really busy with meetings today, so it went by fast. Still, no basketball tonight made it boring. Three days is too many.

If we'd have won, I'd have been excited. However, we lost a winnable game on the road, so I'm just waiting to see how we come out for Game 2. Don't really have a feel for the series yet, so I'm neither up nor down. If we'd have won, I'd have been happy, but expecting a loss to go home 1-1. I actually have more excitement for this game after a loss than I would have for a win.

I will be nervous as hell come 4 oclock tomorrow though...super excited.

Overall though...long off days are boring. Three days between games is too long. The sting/euphoria of the previous game wears off.

Me too, I haven't had this much fun watching the finals since the last Laker series. Not my team but I have to admit, they do make it exciting.
Can't wait till tomorrow.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too, I haven't had this much fun watching the finals since the last Laker series. Not my team but I have to admit, they do make it exciting.
Can't wait till tomorrow.

Ahhh...so yeah, you win. I can't sleep. I have to work my backyard and garden tomorrow to stave off my nerves. But hey, my garden is coming in GREAT right now...so hopefully I can think about that tomorrow and not game 2.

You say there is no rivalry, but I am here sick to my stomach at the idea that the Lakers might lose to the frigging hated friggin douchebags green cancer celtics. Yeah, no rivalry. Whatever. :D

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks there is no rivalry knows nothing about basketball. There is no rivalry in the NBA even near as great as Lakers vs. Celtics.

That being said, Lakers will win game 2 and go home with the split. At least, that's what I hope happens. :D

I have to admit, I'm nervous about it. As much as I would love to be able to say the Celtics suck and we'll steam roll them, it's obviously just not true. This series is going to be a dog fight. I hope we can find a way to pull it off tonight, we're gonna need the win. Being down 0-2 would be a steep mountain to climb, even though it's been done before.

GO LAKERS!!

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant wait till we get to see more pics of Kobe and Fish crying on the bench..

Tears of joy as the rest of the team wraps up the series-clinching victory?

Thanks for the kind wishes, Gee. :thumbup:

Any recent pics of your team's players...or is it hard to find them in the offseason...? :shrug:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah..... I'm pretty much going to go out on a limb here and call this........ An Ass Whopping!

No doubt. :|

Had it cut to 9 and it was looking better, but then the wheels fell off.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leon Powe just drove past 3 lakers from half court and dunk on em.. lmao.. Do the lakers play any defense? Pau is soft..

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they really show a commercial during this game for Lakers/Celtics gear? Are you kidding me? I can see Lakers fans getting Lakers gear and Celtics fans getting Celtics gear, but I cannot imagine a fan of either team getting something with both teams names/logos printed on it. Personally, I'd never wear anything with the Celtics logo on it even if it was a Lakers/Celtics series the Lakers won.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 point game !! :D

Hope it's not too little too late.

Either way - it bodes well for the next 3 games.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whatever. To be down 24 and lose by only 6 after cutting it to 2...

All that has happened is the Celtics have won the home games they were supposed to win. The next 3 are in LA and they are games the Lakers should win.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Whatever. To be down 24 and lose by only 6 after cutting it to 2...

All that has happened is the Celtics have won the home games they were supposed to win. The next 3 are in LA and they are games the Lakers should win.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
It'll be interesting!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the comeback at the end was HUGE. Big confidence builder there.

Getting back home will be good. They wanted a split, but damn...they ain't going to get much if they keep playing craptastic defense. Just terrible. Rebounding? Come on...way too many second shot opportunities. Lakers rebounded well in the first part of the game, so they can do it. Too often they were just standing around.

And, those were some of the worst officials I've ever seen. I sure hope the Lakers get that kind of treatment when they get home.

:shrug:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score

Getting back home will be good. They wanted a split, but damn...they ain't going to get much if they keep playing craptastic defense. Just terrible. Rebounding? Come on...way too many second shot opportunities. Lakers rebounded well in the first part of the game, so they can do it. Too often they were just standing around.

And, those were some of the worst officials I've ever seen. I sure hope the Lakers get that kind of treatment when they get home.

Comeback was huge but the Celtics played the score and just got too confident. Plus it was garbage time with 7 minutes and 20+ point lead. They just played the score.
I'm telling you, the Celtics got their crap together during the Piston series and haven't looked back. Allen got his shot back and the bench players are performing better than the Lakers. The best defense will always outplay one of the best offenses...anyday. Celtics in 6 or maybe 5.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Comeback was huge but the Celtics played the score and just got too confident. Plus it was garbage time with 7 minutes and 20+ point lead. They just played the score.
I'm telling you, the Celtics got their crap together during the Piston series and haven't looked back. Allen got his shot back and the bench players are performing better than the Lakers. The best defense will always outplay one of the best offenses...anyday. Celtics in 6 or maybe 5.

Wow.
I think we've found something we can agree on!

:D

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is no moral victories in the Finals. The comeback was not as huge as you think. The Celtics don't care what moral victories the Lakers think they have. They are going to chalk it up to loss of focus down the stretch.

The Refs didn't cost the Lakers either game 1 or 2. Crappy defense and rebounding did as you say. I just don't think the Lakers can get it done on the boards against this team without a big guy like AB. That is what the Lakers are missing right now.

Also, I think that the one thing I think the Lakers were great at through the playoffs is being momentum killers. Kobe as just been awesome at that throughout.....until the Celtics. Ray Allan and Paul Pierce have matched big shot for big shot taking away what I think is a huge part of the Lakers success so far in the playoffs. The Lakers are in trouble.

Bottom line is the Lakers have to win 4 out of 5 against the best defensive team in the league. They have to win the next 3 to even have a shot IMO. Isn't gonna happen.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leon POWE!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images