The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a conspiracy lmao..

Ok, if you couldn't tell, the first post was a joke to lacardjoe and the people who said that Kobe faked his back injury.

The second one I stand by...A FRIGGING WHEELCHAIR??? Paul needed a wheelchair???? Come on. A wheelchair? That's second to Dwyyayayayeyayyne Wade needing a wheelchair for a shoulder injury.

Paul didn't need a freaking wheelchair. That's stupid. If you get carried off, you get carried to the locker room. Don't go to a wheelchair...you refuse that ish...don't let the cameras catch you in a wheelchair. I can understand not being able to put weight on it, but don't you dare take a wheelchair unless you are DONE for good. Pride should take the day there. Don't you fuggin DARE say you disagree with me on this, Gee. Unless you need an amputation, you get no wheelchair. Boldin would never take a wheelchair. You have teammates to limp you off the court/field...wheelchairs are for guys who are done. PP is obviously not done.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, if you couldn't tell, the first post was a joke to lacardjoe and the people who said that Kobe faked his back injury.

The second one I stand by...A FRIGGING WHEELCHAIR??? Paul needed a wheelchair???? Come on. A wheelchair? That's second to Dwyyayayayeyayyne Wade needing a wheelchair for a shoulder injury.

Paul didn't need a freaking wheelchair. That's stupid. If you get carried off, you get carried to the locker room. Don't go to a wheelchair...you refuse that ish...don't let the cameras catch you in a wheelchair. I can understand not being able to put weight on it, but don't you dare take a wheelchair unless you are DONE for good. Pride should take the day there. Don't you fuggin DARE say you disagree with me on this, Gee. Unless you need an amputation, you get no wheelchair. Boldin would never take a wheelchair. You have teammates to limp you off the court/field...wheelchairs are for guys who are done. PP is obviously not done.

Sounds like Phil got zen'ed.. Top gamemanship.. Play possum..

So yes, I disagree with you on this.. Boldin has played possum..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Phil got zen'ed.. Top gamemanship.. Play possum..

So yes, I disagree with you on this.. Boldin has played possum..

When has Boldin ever got in a wheelchair?

Blasphemer. You will surely perish in hell for that one.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Paul Pierce have the most weak looking shot ever?

Ignore the next few posts from Cee.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When has Boldin ever got in a wheelchair?

Blasphemer. You will surely perish in hell for that one.

I think its very lame to think Q never really took advantage of playing mind games with the other team.. He gets in their heads by saying "Im a grown ass man".. Why wouldnt he use something to his advantage? Its just silly to think one way about one thing..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just who are you trying to communicate with? Your gang or potential gang members? Is this a recruitment post?

What, are you scared I might get some of your Gee Clique recruits to come to my side? Man, talk about being tight with the clique recruits.

Your scared ha ha ha

Your dead. Tailpipe.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What part dont you understand? It all seems very self explainitory to me..

Well, if you used apostrophes to start with, we might be somewhere.

But since you didn't...why don't you just say what you mean, instead of beating around the BUSH about it. WTF are you trying to say.

BTW, I don't think you are nearly as dumb as you portray...you've given too many hints at having a functioning brain celll...so stop being coy there Cee. Just make with the sig explanation. Or don't..who cares.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if you used apostrophes to start with, we might be somewhere.

But since you didn't...why don't you just say what you mean, instead of beating around the BUSH about it. WTF are you trying to say.

BTW, I don't think you are nearly as dumb as you portray...you've given too many hints at having a functioning brain celll...so stop being coy there Cee. Just make with the sig explanation. Or don't..who cares.

WHat part of my sig needs aposostrphes? That just seems odd that I would need them...

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
So, how weird was it that Paul Pierce faked the knee injury so he could come back and jazz up the crowd and hit those big threes and be the hero? I mean, CARRY the guy out and he comes back in hopping around? What a prima donna...

yeah lacardjoe and other "ooh kobe is fakin' the back" types, that one is for you.
I am actually with Phil Jackson on this one. I think Paul initially got a stinger but
decided to pull his Actor's guild union card. I think it happens in this league and Kobe & Paul decided to give us their best "Marlon Brando".

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am actually with Phil Jackson on this one. I think Paul initially got a stinger but
decided to pull his Actor's guild union card. I think it happens in this league and Kobe & Paul decided to give us their best "Marlon Brando".

I'm not so much...his stinger probably hurt like hell and he thought he was screwed, then it wore off...probably when he was in his wheelchair.

But Phil is freaking funny when he wants to attack something. His comments about that were priceless.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this on another board and it summed up my feelings exactly.

I'd be perfectly happy with the season so far, even if we lost the Finals, knowing our future looks bright and how far we've come....EXCEPT...I can't tolerate losing to the Celtics. We must win at all costs. If we win this series, I will be as happy as I was in 85...if we lose, I will feel like 84 all over again. If this was against another team (other than Detroit) I'd be ok with the outcome even if it were bad. But a loss in the Finals to the Celtics would simply brutalize my psyche.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this on another board and it summed up my feelings exactly.

I'd be perfectly happy with the season so far, even if we lost the Finals, knowing our future looks bright and how far we've come....EXCEPT...I can't tolerate losing to the Celtics. We must win at all costs. If we win this series, I will be as happy as I was in 85...if we lose, I will feel like 84 all over again. If this was against another team (other than Detroit) I'd be ok with the outcome even if it were bad. But a loss in the Finals to the Celtics would simply brutalize my psyche.

Yeah, we've been talking about that since March or so and ramped it up during the playoffs. It is all house money at this point.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Paul Pierce, whose dramatic return from a knee injury lifted Boston to a win in over Los Angeles in the opener of the NBA finals, said Friday there's a "great chance" he'll play in Game 2 on Sunday. Pierce was carried from the floor by teammates and carted to the locker room in a wheelchair in the third quarter Thursday night.

They should have carted him to the locker room on a stretcher like they do with soccer players.

Then when he came running back on the court, the crowd could have yelled, "Diver! Diver!"

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we've been talking about that since March or so and ramped it up during the playoffs. It is all house money at this point.

No, not anymore. If we weren't up against the Celtics I'd agree. But now...there is no silver lining. This is the Celtics...losing to them would be traumatic. Beating them would be glorious. It has changed from the start of the playoffs. There's no house money....this is the Celtics we are talking about. An evil, disgusting franchise ran by aholes since it came into being.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul Pierce, whose dramatic return from a knee injury lifted Boston to a win in over Los Angeles in the opener of the NBA finals, said Friday there's a "great chance" he'll play in Game 2 on Sunday. Pierce was carried from the floor by teammates and carted to the locker room in a wheelchair in the third quarter Thursday night.

They should have carted him to the locker room on a stretcher like they do with soccer players.

Then when he came running back on the court, the crowd could have yelled, "Diver! Diver!"

He had to have a ton of painkillers to come out like he did. Is he getting an MRI?

BTW, I just told my daughter that whenever she's being overdramatic, I'm going to call her Paul Pierce. She's pissed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had to have a ton of painkillers to come out like he did. Is he getting an MRI?

BTW, I just told my daughter that whenever she's being overdramatic, I'm going to call her Paul Pierce. She's pissed.

LOL

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afterward, Pierce played the part of the resurrected hero, shaking his head at the wonder of it all.

"You know, I think God sent this angel down and said, 'Hey, you're going to be all right, you need to get back out there, show them what you've got,' " he said.

Huh? GMAFB. ****** is an idiot.

The Lakers, meanwhile, were just shaking their heads, period.

"You know, you don't know what happens," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said of Pierce. "Guys can break a shoelace and go out, the pants break down, a drawstring falls apart."

Gotta love Phil.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Paul didn't need a freaking wheelchair. That's stupid. If you get carried off, you get carried to the locker room. Don't go to a wheelchair...you refuse that ish...don't let the cameras catch you in a wheelchair. I can understand not being able to put weight on it, but don't you dare take a wheelchair unless you are DONE for good.
I doubt the wheelchair was for Pierce so much as it was for the poor training staff bastards who had to carry his sweaty limp dead-weight ass outta there. I'm sure if I were them, I'd be dumping his butt into a wheelchair the first chance I had.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I doubt the wheelchair was for Pierce so much as it was for the poor training staff bastards who had to carry his sweaty limp dead-weight ass outta there. I'm sure if I were them, I'd be dumping his butt into a wheelchair the first chance I had.
That sweaty limp dead-weight ass pulled the Celtics away when he came back. If that is dead-weight, I want dead-weight on my team any day.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Q. Some people were calling last night a Willis Reed moment. Did it go through your mind at all when you saw Pierce come back? And just a memory of that night, because you were there that night?

COACH PHIL JACKSON: Well, if I’m not mistaken, I think Willis Reed missed a whole half and three quarters almost of a game and literally had to have a shot, a horse shot, three or four of them in his thigh to come back out and play. Paul got carried off and was back on his feet in a minute. I don’t know if the angels visited him at halftime or in that time‑out period that he had or not, but he didn’t even limp when he came back out on the floor. I don’t know what was going on there (laughter). Was Oral Roberts back there in their locker room (laughter)?

But he certainly carried some energy back on the floor for them.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Saturday, Jun 7, 2008 7:55 am EDT

Is Gasol the incredible shrinking Laker?
You must be registered for see images

Physical? Utah was physical, not Boston. Not to Pau Gasol. The Jazz were animals on the glass. Forty-four rebounds one night, then 52 the next. That series alone almost earned Gasol the nickname "the incredible shrinking Laker."

Pesky? The Spurs are pesky, not the Celtics. Not to Pau Gasol. They're the kind of team to instruct Bruce Bowen to make his hand come as close to Kobe Bryant's face without hitting him as he shoots. This wasn't about being physical, Gasol said. It was more about the Lakers being themselves.

"I don't think they're more physical than Utah," Gasol said. "I don't think they're more physical than San Antonio. I remember in Utah, I remember in San Antonio, our first game we struggled. We struggled a bit to get a feel of how it was going to be in Game 1."

But Game 1 against the Celtics was physical. If there was a race to a loose ball, the Celtics tossed bodies out of the way to get it. If a ball came off the glass, the Celtics scrambled under the basket, like fans jostling for a free T-shirt. And it wasn't just Kevin Garnett or Kendrick Perkins. It was the smiley, unassuming faces such as P.J. Brown.

"He doesn't look like it, but he'll foul you," Perkins said of Brown.