The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Well, congrats to the Cavs on the win. They had a good come back, but everyone knows they had that one handed to them on that bad call at the end against Fisher. Shame to see a game end that way, but at least it was a good hard fought game. I was hoping the lakers would close another half game on Phoenix and set up some drama for the show down on Christmas day. Still, i'll take 2.5 back from a team that most people thought would be lucky to even make the playoffs.

They played well, just wasn't their night I guess.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers go as the bench goes. They did NOT show up tonight.

And that call on Fish at the end was ridiculously bad. I've never, ever seen that call go wrong. It's so easy a sixth grade ref can call it correctly. Fish should have been shooting for the tie, not for them to go up 4. Just horrific. But then again, Sideshow Bob gets away with murder at home...always has. Oh well, them's the breaks.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Lakers go as the bench goes. They did NOT show up tonight.

And that call on Fish at the end was ridiculously bad. I've never, ever seen that call go wrong. It's so easy a sixth grade ref can call it correctly. Fish should have been shooting for the tie, not for them to go up 4. Just horrific. But then again, Sideshow Bob gets away with murder at home...always has. Oh well, them's the breaks.

The worst part was it happened about 2 and a half feet from the official. He was in perfect position to make the call, he just flat out blew it. I don't like to blame the whole thing on the Refs though, I thought the Cavs played a good game. Bench production was the key, we had 4 starters in double figures, and everyone else took the night off. Kudos to the starters, but the bench has got to step it up.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luke on LeBronze, not a good choice. Absolutely not. And Sasha on LeBron? No no no. Try Ariza, please.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers beat Philly then NY Knicks.

Both I thought were crappy games....just sleepwalked through them.

Kobe got 20,000 points...almost dropped a sick triple double on the knicks only needing two dimes.

Blew a twenty some lead on the knicks to make it a five point game...pissed me off.

17-10 on the year so far.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From www.danshanoff.com;

NBA: Kobe becomes the youngest-ever to 20,000 career points. Now: What's your bet on where he ends up on the final career scoring list?

Consider: Kobe will end the SEASON in the Top 25 (probably just behind Allen Iverson). He'll crack the Top 20 after 2008-2009. He'll crack the Top 15 after the 2009-10 season. He projects to easily clear the Top 10 after the 2010-2011 season.

Top 5 all-time would be 27,410 points, passing Moses Malone. But No. 4 is Wilt at 31, 419. So let me place my bet today at No. 5.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see how they play on Christmas against the Suns. It will be a good test of their defensive ability. They need to keep the pace slower and keep the Suns out of the fast break. Since no one else in my family watches basketball, I'm gonna miss it, being that it's on Christmas day, but good luck to the Lakers.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the game today in a house full of Suns fans. This ought to be good. :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol.. I see you didnt protest the kobes a rapist portion of my post.. :D

No protest here.

I'm a Lakers fan !!

Doesn't mean I have to be a Kobe fan.

I was a fan before him and I'll be one long after he's gone. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any day living in AZ is a great day.. Ya know, as opposed to that crap hole called LA..

And BTW, who the hell dressed Phil Jackson today?

Col. Sanders.

And he had the seven secret spices to beat the Suns. AGAIN.

Bynum is growing into a beast...

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoy it now because we all know what happens come playoff time if the lakers meet the Suns.. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05